• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Fanatics?

Nutsy

Established Member
Just how do you figure the intensity of our rivalries to Tottenham Sp**s? Do you ever then wondered how the fans on the other parts of the world took the end of the beating stick of abuse? Generally, the international fan base of the Gooners, their main rival will always be Manchester United. In Asia, especially for the South East Asians; such harsh humiliations and taunts demoralized and crushed the willingness of some fans to give up supporting the club, thus, losing interest to the beauty of football. Understandably, they loathe the “Mancs” more than they do the Sp**s because of it. The main reason is that Tottenham and Manchester United are more of classic rivals for both the title chase and dramatic encounters.

For North Londoners though, they crave the rivalries for Sp**s more than Manchester United, as the same reason for Argentine Clubs Boca Juniors and River plate, to Italian Clubs of Internazionale Milano to AC Milan, these are more than the question of local rivalries, but it is the question of principle. The dominance of one football club against another right down to such hatred inflicted between the fans. Why, I for one have always wondered, are the rivalries between Arsenal FC and Tottenham Hotspurs as intense as the ones on the other parts of the world? Well, my fellow mates, I will let you decide.

Recently there have been riots all over the football community. The tattoo incident of the Argentine fan; the rivalries between Boca Juniors & River plates, the death of a police officer after Palermo’s Sicilian Derby with Catania and I quote:
‘The police officer was killed in clashes between both sets of fans outside Stadio Massimino before and after the match.
The dead officer is believed to have been hit in the face by an explosive thrown by some fans.”
It baffles me really; that it is widely known that football is about community, unity, teamwork, but the reactions of certain fans cannot be tolerated. I voice out my frustrations, though how intense we are towards our rivalries to the local scums (Sp**s); others see it even more unbearable.

I give you the examples of the most well known rivalries between Brazil & Argentina. In light of the Brazilian Match fixed to our glorious new stadium, Ash Burton Grove’s Emirates Stadium for their upcoming game with Portugal, a little walk down to memory lane about the Brazilian Football Community would be a great little treat. As we tend to agree that, we had intolerable goodness for **** arguments with our local rivals. However, as for Brazilian and Argentinean die hard fans, they spit on the fact that they could have a civilized conversation to each other – incidentally, they never do!

The South American audiences are very passionate about their teams; not saying that we are not! We do, but are we ready to question that we are as passionate as they are? The authenticity of these fans, supporters are as their teams goes down, their whole life goes down as well. In addition, they have a hard time getting back on their feet because football means everything to them. As the Brazilians see it, no matter if, it is a friendly match or just a ‘for-fun’ game; to them it still lays the question of victory. Just the international friendly matches dear Gooners; can you imagine how the Brazilians felt when they lost to France for their chance to go further to claim the 6th title in the World Cup 2006? These compatriots, when they lose, they felt as if they just lost more than just a game; they lost their sense of life. These are the same people who had to endure pain trying to overcome misery to survive, struggling every single day trying to have a decent life, their sufferings led to football as it liberates them from the hard life they had, and football to them represents joy, unity, and hope.

These are the true football fans I see. Their passion and their sacrifices made me question; how far would passionate football fanatics get? They have earned my whole respect and I salute them, not for the violence, but for their passion.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom