• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '15

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 140
  • Views 20,252

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Wilshere plays for Watford in my game, sold from Chelsea for £3.6m :lol: He's had a terrible career so far, just hit 2018. I sold him to Chelsea for £16m and he barely got any minutes there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:
Wilshere plays for Watford in my game, sold from Chelsea for £3.6m :lol: He's had a terrible career so far, just hit 2018. I sold him to Chelsea for £16m and he barely got any minutes there.

Man City bought sterling from Liverpool for 60M and then sold him for 20M the next season and he didn't played one game for Man City.

the FM staff need to fix this s**t.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Some ridiculous transfers take place on this FM, on my latest save Tottenham bought Jack Colback for £30M and stuck him in the reserves. Arsenal also bought Diego Poyet for £32M and stuck HIM in the reserves too.

Bogus transfers. Also, whilst in the topic thread, anyone find it difficult to win away from home?? Even against teams I should be eviscerating I lose by the odd goal to or end up drawing with.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Bogus transfers. Also, whilst in the topic thread, anyone find it difficult to win away from home?? Even against teams I should be eviscerating I lose by the odd goal to or end up drawing with.

What setup/tactics are you running? I generally find that running a more counter focused tactic when away - even just a slight shift from the original tactic - generates some good results.

Teams tend to be more attacking when playing at home, which can cause some unwanted situations for yourself defensively if you get caught on the break.

E

Enoch

Anybody else fall for that FM April Fools? It's the first time I've ever seen that in the game, can't believe i fell for it, was laughing and kept saying 'you f'n a-holes lol.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
What setup/tactics are you running? I generally find that running a more counter focused tactic when away - even just a slight shift from the original tactic - generates some good results.

Teams tend to be more attacking when playing at home, which can cause some unwanted situations for yourself defensively if you get caught on the break.

I'm in my third season now with Newcastle and I've put together a very talented team. I should be comfortably defeating every team in the league bar the big boys (Citeh, Yanited, Chelski, The Mighty Arsenal etc) but I'm going away to teams like Villa and Norwich and getting done.

I play a 4-2-3-1 with fluid and control philosophy, control away from home seems to be the problem. Also pretty much every goal I concede is down to a bloody long throw.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Anyone else feel like certain transfers are impossible.

I've offered up to 100m for Pogba and I'm still being rejected every single time. Whatever I do, if I offer absurd money for elite talents I keep getting rejected.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐

I've offered up to 100m for Pogba and I'm still being rejected every single time. Whatever I do, if I offer absurd money for elite talents I keep getting rejected.

Keep making offers/declaring interest and eventually the player will force a move, he'll be transfer listed by request and will be available for cheaper than what you seem to be bidding.

Depends a bit though, how well are your boys doing? It needs to be an enticing proposition for players such as pogba obviously :).

E

Enoch

Some transfers are nearly impossible. I got lucky with Pogba, he ran down his contract so i got him on a free, he was 27 when i signed him, amazing player. Honestly, you can go the Farca route and tap him up, say that you're interested in him through the media maybe once a month and he'll eventually demand to leave, make sure you don't overdue it though through the media because then the player gets annoyed.

A trick i found, and i don't know if this will work for all saves, is always look up who's contract will run out at the end of the season. I've signed so many quality players by just offering them a contract in Jan. in their last year, i don't know if its a bug or if my save is just a lucky one for me, but that has helped me a lot. Also, you can make a profit by selling them if you find someone better in that position the next year, its a win every way. Make sure you scout them beforehand and the players you're getting are not injury prone.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I got Pogba in 2016 for £65m, which seems a fairly realistic price all things considered.

It's all about building your teams reputation and occasionally tapping up the players. And as Enoch said, look at players with a year or less left in their contract is a fantastic way to get quality players on the cheap. Khedira basically moves for £12m or so every new game I start.

Get Joe Gomez if you want a young, promising CB btw. Absolute ****ing beast, got the physical stats of a peak Adebayor as a CB and all of his defensive attributes are solid. At the age of 21 he's become the backbone of my defense for a treble winning Arsenal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Jose Gimenez and Laporte is better.

My game is getting into a weird stage. The scottish clubs kept winning the UEL. Weird national teams are winning the international cups.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Jose Gimenez and Laporte is better.

Not on my save. I actually sold Laporte to get Gomez into the starting XI, and he's been the best defender in the world two seasons in a row now.

That said, he fits perfectly into my system. I play with a very high defensive line, and his 16 acceleration/17 pace is just unreal. He's 6"3 ffs, and all of his physical stats are above 16.

Him and Marquinhos have been my CB duo for two seasons now, and I've let in 15 goals in the league combined.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I play with a normal line, what season are you at? I'm at 2024/25.

I have Chambers, Stones, Gimenez and Laporte as CB and they are unbelievably solid no matter which combination. I have too many regens now though so I find it abit hard to differentiate which players are real.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'm only in 2018/2019.

Chambers is a squad player for me, but he's unbelievable in that role. Trained his DM, LB and CM positions a bit and now he can basically cover for 5 position at a decent level.

Best signing for me was Neymar though. At his peak now and scoring more than a goal a game, won the World Player of the Year twice in a row for me. Got him for £45m because he fell out with Enrique.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wait what? Who are you playing as? Getting Neymar is a real steal definitely.

Alexis is pretty poor for me in the game, Welbeck is also pretty non-scoring. Berardi is really great for me, so is Joel Campbell and Talisca.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Playing as Arsenal in this save.

0a20af400dff9e5a4d48678ee0cff612.png

This is my strongest XI currently. That frontline is ridiculous :D

Neymar's stats in the Prem:

18cebb914766441d1138f44fa7ff28b7.png

And I'm pretty hyped about this lad:

aeaba32c50400b84f1e25fc782925717.png

Loving this new forum with regards to pictures and videos!

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Which Hazard is that at right wing? Eden, Thorgan or the younger one whose name I can't remember?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Eden. Snapped him up for £50m + Ramsey. Ramsey is a bit of a weird one on FM as his attributes don't really line up particularly well for any midfield role in the game.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Kranevitter is fantastic. I had him too, along with Lucas Romero.

Here's my best XI from 3 seasons ago when everybody isn't regens. When the regens come up everybody just gets insane stats so there's no point talking about them.
2rm1j53.jpg

Joel Campbell's stats. Simply top notch. Won twice Ballon d'or too.
14scps7.jpg

Berardi's stats.
242cy2g.jpg

My craziest game ever. Costed me the league which Southampton won in the end.
2090lg5.jpg

Some weird anomaly in my game. Look at the winners of UCL and UEL. Not to mention, Udinese keep winning the Italian league, Bayern is always midtable in the German league which Koln, Dortmund, Stuttgart and Gladbach is always one of the winners. Vitesse haven't lost the league since the start of my game, Lille, Lyon, Bordeaux and Montepellier are the top teams in Ligue 1 etc.
33u4zub.jpg

21brr40.jpg

Top Bottom