• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '17

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 70
  • Views 17,404
E

Enoch

Release date is 4, November.

New camera angle, sitting low behind the goal for close-up action when the ball is in the box. It'll be the best way to keep an eye on how your team defends set pieces and also where you'll see the 1,500 new motion capture animations in the most detail.

There's also a grander sense of occasion. Players now emerge from the tunnel before the match, warm up and shake hands. Adding to the realism, the game has been updated to reflect the latest rules – kick-off can be taken by a solitary player and a foul by the last man is no longer an instant red card. Even the referees have been updated and they'll now use disappearing spray at free-kicks.

The managerial avatar system is much better too, if you're keen to recreate yourself in digital track-suited format.

If you're more interested in mechanical tweaks over visual ones, the big news is the AI enhancements. Your virtual players are now more aware and intelligent and make almost twice as many decisions per second than they did on Football Manager 2016.

The new social feed tab is an excellent way to keep abreast of what fans and media alike are thinking, and interactions with players and staff is more authentic than ever. Lastly, post-match analysis is deeper, with access to player heat-maps.

How does Brexit come into it?
FM 2017 won't only be a game for bedroom football managers and those dreaming of taking their local non-league side to Champions League glory. If you've an interest in the UK's impending separation from the European Union, the game has that covered too.

With June's vote meaning that earning the right to play in Britain could be about to change, Brexit features in the game with numerous scenarios.

According to the Daily Telegraph, the developers thought the UK's vote was simply too big to be left out of this year's title and everything is accounted for - from a soft Brexit, where players won't need work permits, to hard, where the country completely leaves the single market and ditches freedom of movement, making landing foreign players harder.

Even the possibility of Scotland leaving the union is included.

"The game now has a database with 319,726 current players. With former players, who may take other roles in football, it comes in at over 600,000," he said, reports the BBC.

"We have people on the ground in 51 different countries covering 140 leagues. There are 2,250 fully researched clubs, with 250 statistics on each player - aggregated to 47 in the user interface.

"With 1,300 scouts, all the main clubs have one researcher and top clubs like Chelsea have multiple experts."

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The beta was released on Tuesday. Has anyone played it yet?
I'm watching a LP from Dr Benjy...but unfortunately, he hasn't touched upon the new features, just going about like he always does.

heard that it is better than expected

salvat

Liked Your Post
Last year it took a long time for it to get cracked due to their new security measures so expect it to take around the same this year.

David_Smith

I bought it for cheap on some website. Don't know if it's just me but I'm seeing more variety of goals. Maybe the match engine is improved.
I'm finding it easy. I simply bought Payet and I'm hammering teams like Chelsea 5-0. Must be my tactics.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
FM 17 is the most frustrating game ever.

I've got like 5 of my players out with long term injuries. I'm having 20 odd shots per game and still losing/drawing.

Also, Steve Bould is a shocking assistant manager. Knows sweet **** all.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I've got like 5 of my players out with long term injuries. I'm having 20 odd shots per game and still losing/drawing.

Sounds quite realistic. o_O

I can never play these games unless I go in FM editor and set injury prone values to 3 with most players.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bit the bullet finally and upgraded from fm 2015 to 2017. got it off CDKeys.

first impression is that it is a glorified version of FM 2015. but I have spent just fifteen minutes on it.

Couldn't work in office because I was aching to go back home and try it out.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Bit the bullet finally and upgraded from fm 2015 to 2017. got it off CDKeys.

first impression is that it is a glorified version of FM 2015. but I have spent just fifteen minutes on it.

Couldn't work in office because I was aching to go back home and try it out.
Went from 15 to 17 like you, I like it mate not massive changes but I actually feel the match engine is slightly better.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else having difficulty getting results away from home?

I've near perfect home form, but away the players **** the bed. Lost count of the amount of times I've gone 1-0 up and dropped points. I've tried everything, more rigid tactics, more defensive touchline shouts, bringing on players to see out games etc.

My opponent always seems to get a chance and surprise surprise they bury it.

FM is a good game, but the scripted nature of it pisses me off. Derby matches rarely ever go your way too.

5/10 game.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else having difficulty getting results away from home?

I've near perfect home form, but away the players **** the bed. Lost count of the amount of times I've gone 1-0 up and dropped points. I've tried everything, more rigid tactics, more defensive touchline shouts, bringing on players to see out games etc.

My opponent always seems to get a chance and surprise surprise they bury it.

FM is a good game, but the scripted nature of it pisses me off. Derby matches rarely ever go your way too.

5/10 game.
same thing...regularly concede 90th minute goals, so it takes away a lot of fun.

was comfortably second in L2, went on a three month vacation because I couldnt be arsed. my AM couldn't get a win away from home, and ended up almost missing promotion.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom