• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '17

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 70
  • Views 17,394

Anyone else having difficulty getting results away from home?

I've near perfect home form, but away the players **** the bed. Lost count of the amount of times I've gone 1-0 up and dropped points. I've tried everything, more rigid tactics, more defensive touchline shouts, bringing on players to see out games etc.

My opponent always seems to get a chance and surprise surprise they bury it.

FM is a good game, but the scripted nature of it pisses me off. Derby matches rarely ever go your way too.

5/10 game.

Nothing changed since I throw my laptop through the window back in the day because of this game...

Thanks for the warning!

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
Anyone else having difficulty getting results away from home?

I've near perfect home form, but away the players **** the bed. Lost count of the amount of times I've gone 1-0 up and dropped points. I've tried everything, more rigid tactics, more defensive touchline shouts, bringing on players to see out games etc.

My opponent always seems to get a chance and surprise surprise they bury it.

FM is a good game, but the scripted nature of it pisses me off. Derby matches rarely ever go your way too.

5/10 game.
I had this problem before the latest patch and it seems a bit more reasonable now, unless it's some other random variable that's going in my favor.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I had this problem before the latest patch and it seems a bit more reasonable now, unless it's some other random variable that's going in my favor.

I'd say you're doing something right tactics wise. I had to switch it up, I've gone for a Conte style back 3 system and it's been brilliant. Luckily I've got players that fit each role perfectly, it's been a joy :D.

I am atually glad to say I broke my FM-addiction

didn't even bother with the newest I think

They've all been the same since 14 tbh.

Last edited:

Just found out there is in-game editor available for FM 2017.

Bought the game instantly.

Moved Kante to our team and gonna dumb Coquelin somewhere in siberia. Only edition I will do. Lets now see what could have been!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Don't like FM any more. It's some how less realistic now than when you could glitch tactics to always smash teams.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is this worth getting lads? I'm looking at this or fm 16 because it's a bit cheaper and I promised myself I wouldn't spend a f*ck load on games anymore.

Think the last one I had was 13.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Last edited:

Is this worth getting lads? I'm looking at this or fm 16 because it's a bit cheaper and I promised myself I wouldn't spend a f*ck load on games anymore.

I bought in game editor with FM2017. Had a lot of fun for about 38 hours of play. Coquelin, Gabriel and Giroud somewhere in Siberia and I smashed Real Madrid in CL final 5-1.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

get the newer version. you wont have a big improvement, but 64bit processing support looks good on paper.

salvat

Liked Your Post
For what it's worth, you don't need to buy an in-game editor to edit the game. You can download the official database editor for free on steam in tools section and edit the game with that. However it only works before you start a save so you can't edit the game once you've started.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

It's a good game, there's a lot of attention to detail and you really see your tactics having an affect on the pitch which is a good feeling. But there are two or three things that will really piss you off.

For one, getting injuries for players in the same position are all too common. You'll lose one LB, 2 weeks later lose another. Also, away games will drive you nuts. Playing away is always more difficult but on this game it takes the piss.

You can go 2-0 up against the likes of Fulham or Wolves, and be pegged back to 2-2 in the dying embers. I never bought FM 16, but here's what Bournemouth's Steve Cook thinks;

sport-preview-steve-cook.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's a good game, there's a lot of attention to detail and you really see your tactics having an affect on the pitch which is a good feeling. But there are two or three things that will really piss you off.

For one, getting injuries for players in the same position are all too common. You'll lose one LB, 2 weeks later lose another. Also, away games will drive you nuts. Playing away is always more difficult but on this game it takes the piss.

You can go 2-0 up against the likes of Fulham or Wolves, and be pegged back to 2-2 in the dying embers. I never bought FM 16, but here's what Bournemouth's Steve Cook thinks;

sport-preview-steve-cook.jpg

Yeah sounds a lot like 13. Remember I basically found a tactic for that one online and just won constantly. :lol:

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
My Nottingham Forrest play through is a pain. Trying to develop a low reputable club into a super club is tough. All my players want to leave. Bendtner ****ed off to Saudi Arabia when I had him in the form of his life.

I got a promotion in my first year, and lucked out when the club was sold to a very ambitious chairman who pumped 40 million into the club that summer. So that meant new training ground, new youth facilities and more importantly new players/coaches.

I managed to unsettle some Italian kid who was in the lower leagues and bought him for 2 million. It was such a ****ing bargain. One season later and he's a wonderkid, and I reckon if I can tie him down for another couple of years I can make a fortune from him. I have Dortmund and Liverpool already sniffing around him like a plague.

I got a midtable finish on my second season in the premier league, got knocked out by Watford and Norwich in the cups.

Arsenal won the title both years, by the way, level on points and goal difference with united the second season so I guess it came down to wins. They won the domestic treble in their second season, (Wenger's last season) but fell short in the semi-final of the champions league against Real Madrid. They also let Ospina go on a free so I'm pretty ****ing thrilled with that bargain buy. I also managed to fluke a 6-0 against Arsenal, which was the most realistic part of the game so far

So my ambitious aim for my thrid season is to break into Europe and maybe get a cup.

Top Bottom