• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager '17

• Thread starter Enoch
  • Start date
  • Replies 70
  • Views 17,392

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My Nottingham Forrest play through is a pain. Trying to develop a low reputable club into a super club is tough. All my players want to leave. Bendtner ****ed off to Saudi Arabia when I had him in the form of his life.

I got a promotion in my first year, and lucked out when the club was sold to a very ambitious chairman who pumped 40 million into the club that summer. So that meant new training ground, new youth facilities and more importantly new players/coaches.

I managed to unsettle some Italian kid who was in the lower leagues and bought him for 2 million. It was such a ****ing bargain. One season later and he's a wonderkid, and I reckon if I can tie him down for another couple of years I can make a fortune from him. I have Dortmund and Liverpool already sniffing around him like a plague.

I got a midtable finish on my second season in the premier league, got knocked out by Watford and Norwich in the cups.

Arsenal won the title both years, by the way, level on points and goal difference with united the second season so I guess it came down to wins. They won the domestic treble in their second season, (Wenger's last season) but fell short in the semi-final of the champions league against Real Madrid. They also let Ospina go on a free so I'm pretty ****ing thrilled with that bargain buy. I also managed to fluke a 6-0 against Arsenal, which was the most realistic part of the game so far

So my ambitious aim for my thrid season is to break into Europe and maybe get a cup.
i feel you! it's a b!tch.

i got promoted with Port Vale into the Championship but now I don't have money or payroll, and my upgrades have been cancelled. All my good non-loanees have been sold. will be a dull few seasons until I can get some money for a promotion push.

the only way I can keep my club from sinking into financial trouble is to keep finding youngsters, train them and sell them, sometimes within a single season.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Mourinho's trying to unsettle my striker (Not the wonderkid) and has a scout at every game. Pogba went to the media and begged him to play with us, it was a lot like the Fabregas/Barca ordeal for us, and no sooner did that happen I was approached by my striker and asked to leave if Man United put a bid in.

I am livid.

salvat

Liked Your Post
Is it true that Brexit is in the game?
Yes it is.

In-game, players of Football Manager 2017 will be alerted at some point between two and 10 years in that trade negotiations have begun, and a year later a news bulletin will detail the extent of Brexit. There are three main scenarios:

1. Soft Brexit - free movement of workers remains.
2. Footballers are granted the same special exemptions that are currently given to ‘entertainers’. This means it is easier for them to obtain work permits than other people, and it will not have a huge impact on player movement from the EU.
3. Hard Brexit: similar rules to those which currently apply to non-EU players are adopted for all non-UK players.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Yes it is.

In-game, players of Football Manager 2017 will be alerted at some point between two and 10 years in that trade negotiations have begun, and a year later a news bulletin will detail the extent of Brexit. There are three main scenarios:

1. Soft Brexit - free movement of workers remains.
2. Footballers are granted the same special exemptions that are currently given to ‘entertainers’. This means it is easier for them to obtain work permits than other people, and it will not have a huge impact on player movement from the EU.
3. Hard Brexit: similar rules to those which currently apply to non-EU players are adopted for all non-UK players.

Urghh that would ruin the game. I play games to get away from reality!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Mourinho's trying to unsettle my striker (Not the wonderkid) and has a scout at every game. Pogba went to the media and begged him to play with us, it was a lot like the Fabregas/Barca ordeal for us, and no sooner did that happen I was approached by my striker and asked to leave if Man United put a bid in.

I am livid.

Ahh, I suffered something similar.

I signed Joao Cancelo for Newcastle United and he had an absolute stormer for a season, after warming the bench for PSG. Lo and behold, Bayern come knocking. Scouts at every game, Lewandowski comes out and begs Cancelo to leave, next thing I know Cancelo hands in a transfer request.

What I will say about FM 17, player management wise it's the most realistic one yet. Back in the day a player was unhappy, you keep him, maybe win a title and that's all she wrote. Now when the players want out, you've little to no chance of keeping them, particularly if you're a smaller club.

Got close to £40M for Cancelo though so, it's not all doom and gloom.

BobP

Memri Fan
Ox is an absolute beast on FM15.

Played him as a 'central winger' on my first ever save with Arsenal and he had great output.

There was a period where my stock of attackers was depleted with both Sanchez and Welbeck out injured. I had the option of changing the formation and using Walcott but I thought no, for obvious reasons (Walcott is ****). Anyhow I played Ox as the Inside Forward for a few games and he was absolutely clutch, scoring a few crucial goals in some tight fixtures.

BobP

Memri Fan

I am livid.

I always say I'll let you go IF the bid matches our valuation.

Sometimes the bid comes, sometimes it doesn't, when it does I reject it and if the player has a cry I say it didn't match our valuation, if he accepts that, great, if not it gets pretty ugly as his morale collapses and other players get involved.

I just ignore it and wait for the storm to pass.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
So I finally got notified of a brexit scenario. I got the middle ground brexit, not so hard to get work permits, but they're still required. Which of course is better than the hard brexit which makes it so it's almost impossible to sign eu prospects.

The league was going well, I was in the top 4 until christmas, then my form plummeted and I dropped to 7th place. My star striker Britt Assombalonga didn't leave in the transfer window, but international duty called and I'm now left without my main man. It's now up to my italian wonderkid to prove his doubters wrong and take his first step into becoming the world class forward I see him as.

The transfer window failed to see any new faces, I was trying to sign Patrick Bamford (who declared for Ireland, lol) but Huddersfield just didn't want to let go of him.

I got to the League Cup final against Tottenham. This is a must win for obvious reasons. A cup win and Europe was my goal at the start of the season, hoping it works out.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Just had such a weird penalty shoot out

QFr9r3w.png

Vibra

Established Member
This is definitely the most unrealistic FM I've played. I have nothing but winning streaks and losing streaks, on different saves with different teams. I feel like the streaks are are hard coded into the game

Top Bottom