• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I finally caved in and bought this game, just waiting for it come now.

As if I dont waste enough of my time already lol.

entropy13

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
I finally caved in and bought this game, just waiting for it come now.

As if I dont waste enough of my time already lol.

Good. Now use your savings to buy some food, well lots of it. As FM reminds you (when you've played 6 days worth of FM already): Remember, eating food gives you strength to play. Or something like that. :p

gunnerGH

Established Member
Damn you DREVAK!

you got me back into this game.

Im Villareal. 20 years into the game in 2028/29 (just left it running on go on holiday for a while)

Obviously all players have retired so its all about plucking the new players from around the globe.

So far I have saved El Submarine from administration and now need to rebuild to climb the table.

Still 12th in my first season halfway aint bad!

thegame24

Established Member
I started a season with arsenal.....****ing hell our squad is massive, i signed quaresma and pires for a combined 17 million lol made diaby, denilson and sing unhappy.

BTW do you guys do spefic training for players like walcott to improve him in the future.

DREVAK

Established Member
Ha! Clueless fools! It was a free transfer! FREE TRANSFER! And I pay him only about 30k a week! Sheesh, do those so called fans really think they could run a club like me? No? See, I told you.

adriano417.jpg

entropy13

Established Member
DREVAK said:
Ha! Clueless fools! It was a free transfer! FREE TRANSFER! And I pay him only about 30k a week! Sheesh, do those so called fans really think they could run a club like me? No? See, I told you.

adriano417.jpg

There's almost always something wrong for that part of FM. I won 2-1 against ManU aet in the CL Final yet the fans are disappointed, perhaps because it got to extra time. :roll:

Anzac

Established Member
thegame24 said:
I started a season with arsenal.....f****g hell our squad is massive, i signed quaresma and pires for a combined 17 million lol made diaby, denilson and sing unhappy.

BTW do you guys do spefic training for players like walcott to improve him in the future.

Lol - I've got bucket loads of different training schedules - 4 pre-season, and I tend to train to position = FBs, CB, MC, AM, Winger, Striker, GK, no match, rest, recovery. Then I have about another 4 or 5 for my youth team.

Having said that I don't use all of them all of the time - depends upon formation etc. I've heard of people having specific training schedules for individual players to target key areas.

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
DREVAK said:

adriano417.jpg

There's almost always something wrong for that part of FM. I won 2-1 against ManU aet in the CL Final yet the fans are disappointed, perhaps because it got to extra time. :roll:

Depends - were you favorite???? the pre-match odds could have been easily in your favour & they may feel the team under performed / didn't create enough chances etc.

DREVAK

Established Member
Actually I wouldn't blame the game (rhymes, oh!) for that Adriano message. At least not too much. I think the hidden attributes like sportsmanship and controversy, coupled with a different personality than the rest of the team, produce such results. Besides it's only a few days after the transfer, and they are not happy with signing a player that is 'a bad person' or 'doesn't fit', for a lack of a better word, not with the transfer per se. They will take a liking to him soon enough. If he delivers, that is.

Meanwhile, as the footballing world ponders the future of Thierry Henry, and with Ruud van Nistelrooy not getting any younger, the game offers a nice and easy solution:

henry369.jpg

entropy13

Established Member
Anzac said:
entropy13 said:
DREVAK said:

adriano417.jpg

Depends - were you favorite???? the pre-match odds could have been easily in your favour & they may feel the team under performed / didn't create enough chances etc.

Me? Favorite? It was 2009, I doubt a season could've stacked the odds against ManU. They were the favorites. They even have Ancelotti as their manager.

gunnerGH

Established Member
finallyxp4.png

Finally I have luck on my side! 15 shots on target for them, only 5 for me!

I just cant stop winning at the moment! 10 wins in 12!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
man I wanted to win everything in one season so I started up my Inter game again

I have won everything there is to win and I have an awesome team

so first season I play with them again I win the CL and league easily and lost to Juve i nthe CUp, damn there goes that treble

So start of next season I get some good signings in(regen players) spend 1000meuros

AND llost to Fulham in the Euro Super CUP!!!!

me=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

DREVAK

Established Member
My... third, is it? Third season in the Premier League is underway! I do think I have done very well in the transfer market. Possibly for the first time in many seasons of Football Manager! Adriano, Song, Nistelrooy and Jankulovski on free transfers. Itandje and about a dozen promising youngsters for peanuts. Only huge spending was the highly rated attacking midfielder Menez. About twenty million if I remember correctly. This is what my first team currently looks like.

firstteam208.jpg

On a side note my U18 team has got a bunch of new players. Business as usual. Only this time, I got five, yes, five goalkeepers! Crazy. My scout does tell me he does have a good potential ability, though. And finally, this is the bunch of mostly very promising youngsters. I am very short on fullbacks, though! Haven't seen a good one for my reserves and for the future, so to speak.

reserves979.jpg

invisibleman18

Established Member
Just about to start my 4th season with Arsenal and it's make or break for me without a trophy yet. Sounds similar to reality really. :lol:

Had a good first season finishing 2nd in the league behind United. 2nd season wasn't as good finishing a comfortable 3rd but they offered me a new 2 year contract. Then in my 3rd season I was flying at the top for half a season, then fell back a bit in the 2nd half of the season with too many draws and finished 3rd, albeit by 1 goal on goal difference. Some more parallels with reality. I had something like 4 0-0 draws in a row in a run where I only scored 1 goal in 6 games! Have had a couple of runs to the CL quarter final and a Carling Cup quarter final too but have not really gone close to winning anything yet. That will need to change this season.

Van Persie has been scoring goals for fun for me. 22 last season was poor by his standards having scored over 30 in each of the previous 2. 3 relatively injury free seasons for him! I had Vela out on loan last season at Sevilla and he won the Spanish Young Player of the Year award and I had planned to give him a lot of time this season having had a couple of seasons of first team football at a reasonable level. His contract was to expire at the end of this season so I wanted to tie him down now to avoid losing him for nothing but he was demanding a 4 year contract with wages of 94,000 a week! For a young player who had never played a game for me. That would make him my 2nd highest player behind Fabregas (I broke the bank to keep him else he would have gone to AC Milan). The lowest wages one of my regular players was on was 25,000 so out of principle I refused to offer above that for some guy I had no idea would be any good and of course it wasn't good enough for him. So I flogged him to Milan for 24 million to avoid losing him for free. :lol:

gunnerGH

Established Member
Haha, ive had many similar seasons as that Invisible. I found that you need to edge the mentally weak players out of your team, this can turn the draws to wins.

Whenever you respond to pre-match press predictions some of your players will drop to the lowest morale.

These are the players you need to get rid of! When the chips are down, you need winners!

Illusion

Established Member
I started a new Arsenal league just after the Birmingham game, wanted to see how well I did compared to the real life team, even if it is just a game.

I finished the first season about a month ago with just two trophies, missing out on the quadruple by a couple of goals.

I lost 1-0 to Milan in the Champions League final. It was a pretty tought game with many chances wasted by my team, couldn't quite get the goal needed to take it to extra time and Milan held on for the win.

In the FA Cup final I destroyed Liverpool 5-1 with Adebayor getting a hattrick.

In the Carling Cup I had what looked to be an easy ride against Man City. We went 3-0 up before half time, but in the second half City scored twice and made for a nervy final couple of minutes. 3-2 was the final score.

In the league, well I will just show you the table to tell the story. I was top for most of the season, but a few draws too many near the end of the season cost me the lead and I ended up finishing just three points away from the title. Even Chelsea managed to pip me to 2nd by a point. Was kind of heartbreaking to miss out on the title so close to the end, but I felt it was quite poetic given what happened to us in real life.

fajffaabi.jpg

I beefed up the squad in the summer, my major new players are: Frey, Fernandez, Veloso, Aguero and Quaresma. (Note some of these were purchased in the summer before the first season, I did not manage to get all of these over one summer, that would be ridiculous!).

I play a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation, I have no wide midfielders and have tried to replicate our real life style of play with the fullbacks bombing forward for width.

I'm now halfway through my second season going strong in all competitions and the new year has just began.

I'm top of the league by two points over Man City and I have a 20 game unbeaten run in the league (15 wins 5 draws). Despite such a record City are still only two points behind me :/

Determined to win the Premier League and Champions League this season after missing out on them so narrowly last season.

I will give an update when I finally get around to finishing the season.

DREVAK

Established Member
I am having an incredible, and I mean incredible, start to my third season in the Premier League, fourth total as Ipswich manager. Unbeaten in ten games. Only two draws – a goalless match against Arsenal at home and one all, Liverpool away. Won the Community Shield before the season as well, 2 – 1 against Arsenal. My latest result is a 4 – 0 demolition of Chelsea. Yes, Chelsea.

Now it is obviously too early to say anything yet, but the amazing stuff does not end there. The top six currently looks like this. Ipswich, Arsenal, Reading, Middlesbrough, Manchester United and Aston Villa. I kid you not. Chelsea are like a place or two above relegation, Liverpool a bit higher than that but nothing great either.

Funnily enough, my big money signing – the first one ever to trigger the shirt sales button, by the way – Menez, is still to justify his price tag, as the game says. He has not been bad, but when compared to the other multimillion player, Guilherme, he just has not been that good. On a side note, I am best mates with Avram Grant. Honest. This is the most positive relationship I have ever had with an AI manager in the game.

Even after the 4 – 0 pounding he was praising me. And I was obviously praising him in return. Kind of awkward if you ask me, especially given his real life status, but hey, who am I to complain! It is a nice change to the usual "has a fairly poor opinion of you" of Benitez or Keegan, heh. I just hope he does not get Chelsea relegated, as the list of my allies in the Premier League would grow thin indeed, ha!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom