• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

Giga

hate.jpg

Did I touch a nerve? :lol:

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Just wondering, this game should run okay on my laptop right? Its an HP that I just got last summer, has 1982 MB RAM and 1.80 GHz.
I dont know much about computers lol

Anzac

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
Just wondering, this game should run okay on my laptop right? Its an HP that I just got last summer, has 1982 MB RAM and 1.80 GHz.
I dont know much about computers lol

yeah you should be good to go.................enjoy
:)

invisibleman18

Established Member
Well I did get past Man City and into the League Cup final where I faced Everton. First final for me.
They scored early but I dominated most of the first half. Finally found the equaliser in the 60th minute. It was pretty even after that and inevitably their winner came with a couple of minutes to go.
That's probably my job unless I can do something special in the CL. :lol:
Did win 2-1 away at Red Star in the 1st leg so I am on course for the quater finals. Should really have put that tie beyond doubt though being 2-0 up inside 8 minutes!

Anzac

Established Member
true gooner said:
Have fun. Play around a bit with with the various tools and facilities, because it takes some getting used to.
Also, have a look at http://www.fm-britain.co.uk if you need a quick walk through and tips.

Ive started a new career as Arsenal manager and in my second season now, I finished my first season in third place and a FA cup medal.

Line up -

----------------Ade----------------
Menez---------------------Aguero

--Fabregas--Rosicky--Veloso-

Clichy---Gallas---Touré---Richards

---------------Akinfeev-------------

Subs-
Kuzmanovic
Hleb
Bendtner
Walcott
Vela
Sagna
Denilson
Djourou
Traore
Vela

Aguero, Akinfeev & Richards!!!!!
how much did those 3 cost you?????
Did you buy them 1st or 2nd season - I made initial bids for each at around 10 - 15mill & got a flat refusal!!!!!

True Gooner

Established Member
Anzac said:
Aguero, Akinfeev & Richards!!!!!
how much did those 3 cost you?????
Did you buy them 1st or 2nd season - I made initial bids for each at around 10 - 15mill & got a flat refusal!!!!!

I signed Akinfeev in my first season, along with Menez and Veloso - its funny how much a good winger and a goalkeeper can improve your squad :)
Aguero and Richards were signed in my second season for about 55 million.

DREVAK

Established Member
March or April now in my game. A slightly disappointing run of results since my last post. I was enjoying the spotlight, occupying first place, safe from any harm, when suddenly Manchester United have overtaken me in a space of what, two or three or four games. I got complacent and did not convert several draws into wins. And lost the first place. Should have done better, really. Still, it is second place! Awesome achievement no matter what. And I am still very much alive in the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup as well.

I still haven't decided what to do with the seemingly large squad I have got, though. I mean I know I have to get rid of some players, but which ones, that's the question. As those I do not want to lose are the ones getting the most attention from other clubs. Top clubs. And that does not sound entirely well for what still is but a redneck club from the east of England. I hope there are no real life Ipswich supporters here, heh, erm.

So, on average, life is good. Very good when you consider how far the team has gone in only a few years. But not that perfect when you look at how things looked only a few weeks ago. Half full or half empty, I guess!

Oh and one more thing. The more I play the game, the more I feel it is worse than its predecessors. Kind of like PES2008. It is okay to play, yes, there are some improvements, yes, but for every new and positive thing, an old and negative one is retained and a new, bad shows up.

entropy13

Established Member
The big letdown for FM2008 is the Confidence. It was fixed by the patches a bit, but it still is a conundrum. An overhaul of that feature must appear in the next installment., and of course some more improvements

USgoonergirl

Established Member
Wow I am horrible at this game lol, my first season at Roma went okay, finished 5th in the league and made it to the semi-finals of the Champions League and Coppa Italia. Next season was not good, was hovering in 10th-15th in the league and got knocked out in the first knockout round of Cup and Coppa. Then I got sacked lol. I dont really understand why we were doing so badly, the team just would not score for anything, and I was getting like at least 1 goal called back a game which was frustrating.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
No, I havent installed either of them. When I tried to install the first one if kept the game from working. Is there a seperate patch for Worldwide Soccer Manager, because that is what I got even though its the same game, when installed the patch it changed it to Football Manager and then didnt work because it said the disc was not there.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
bluenaz said:
http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3342088083

Under:
'Worldwide Soccer Manager
PC (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**
PC (digital download versions) **UPDATED 21/2/08**
Mac (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**
Mac (digital download esellerate) **UPDATED 21/2/08**'
Thanks, do you know any that you dont have to use bittorrent to download because thats not working for some reason.

edit: nevermind, i found it in that thread, thanks alot

Dez

Started a new game with the Arsenal and spent HUGE...

Brought in: Barzagli 12.5m, Nasri 30m, Silva 50m, Arshavin 7.5m and Akinfeev 15m.

Sold: Almunia 5m, Gilberto 10m.

So I have a ridiculously good squad playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. I feel I'm short a top quality DM (Flamini will do for now) and Aguero from a perfect team. Depth at the moment is amazing though.

Anzac

Established Member
Dez said:

Brought in: Barzagli 12.5m, Nasri 30m, Silva 50m, Arshavin 7.5m and Akinfeev 15m.

So I have a ridiculously good squad playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. I feel I'm short a top quality DM (Flamini will do for now) and Aguero from a perfect team. Depth at the moment is amazing though.

how the h*ll did you come up with all that funding???
Silva alone would have taken all my funds!!!!!

entropy13

Established Member
I'm currently Arsenal as well, I'll have to set aside the Fiorentina game for now. :p

I've just made a bid for Akinfeev...and they're asking for 30m!!! I only have 39m budget left from 50m, I've already bought Coloccini for 11m, and I still have to wait for M. Fernandez to accept the contract offer (bid is 10m), so I can't obviously accept the counter-offer for Akinfeev.

Dez

Anzac said:
Dez said:

how the h*ll did you come up with all that funding???
Silva alone would have taken all my funds!!!!!

Its quite simple, you just need to structure the deals properly. First of all contantly adjust your budget to get the most transfer funds even after big transfers so my final budget was 63m roughly with a wage budget of roughly 1m, + the 15m i got in transfers so I had around 80m. The actual fees I paid were some up front but most over 24 months. eg Silva was 20m + 30m over 24months. Arshavin I paid full up front, Barzagli was 7.5 now 7.5 over 24months (I just looked again and he cost 15), Nasri and Akinfeev were 5 upfront. And also I offer sweeteners like 50% of next sale for players like Silva, Barzagli, Akinfeev, Nasri because I have no plans of ever selling them. But yeah long story short I pay around 3m a month on back payments for transfers... it worked ok for Leeds, didn't it??

Latest posts

Top Bottom