• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

andyswafc

Does anyone know, if there is anything you can do about players being left out of their International Teams?

I'm in the 2009/2010 season and Theo has been immense for me for the past 2 seasons. This season his Avergae Rating is 7.75. However every time an Engalnd Squad is announced I get, 'Theo left out of squad again by Steve (Bloody) Mclaren'. It's a joke, obviously I'm pleased he gets the rest, but it's as if, something needs to be done.

On a side note, played 8 games this season - Won them all, scored 16, conceded 0. Leroy Lita is my star striker!

andyswafc

Yeah it is strange, that's why I get the feeling there is something I need to do. I've praised his performances a few times, but don't want to do it too much.

Out of interest what is Leroy Lita like in your game at the moment?

invisibleman18

Established Member
Tbh, I haven't done anything extra with Theo. I've just played him regularly on the right wing for a couple of seasons and lately a bit more up front and he keeps getting picked for England. He's generally a sub for England but he has played and scored a few goals too. Haven't been giving any extra praise or anything.
No idea what Lita is like. I really haven't looked into him. Haven't played for ages actually. Once my exams are over in a couple of weeks it's time to get back into it!

DREVAK

Established Member
Last season ended in a sea of success for Ipswich and already another one is underway! Summer went by rather quickly, as I was at the very least content with the quality of my team. So only a few signings of youngsters with (hopefully) huge potential took place. Oh, and, um, Ronaldinho and Raul joined Ipswich as well, erm! Not to strengthen the team, no. At least not directly.

As it is late 2012 now and as you can imagine, they have deteriorated as players and would no longer be useful on the pitch. But they have got very decent mental attributes and special skills. And that will come handy in tutoring the plethora of Ipswich youngsters. Oh and they will look just great in my personal menagerie of past stars, which includes or included the likes of Riquelme, Henry, Adriano or Nistelrooy, erm!

I almost forgot – sometime last season Tottenham hired a new coach. Gary Neville. Talk about a pair made in heaven, eh! But that's not all. One of Neville's first acts as the new Tottenham manager was to sign... wait for it... Emmanuel Eboue. I kid you not. You couldn't make this up.

Original_AAA

Finally I did the right thing and bought this game Monday. I have just finished my first season as Stabaek, the Norwegian runners up last season. While you do have a very good squad at the begining, the team has among the smallest transfer and wage budgets in the Norwegian Tippeliga. However with a new 15.000 stadium being buildt things looks bright. So with a squad good enough to challenge in the league, but with some very ambitious plans for the future you have a challenge.

So, as soon as I get the job I announce that we are going to challenge for the title. As a reward for my ambitions, I get £350.000 to play with, around £1-2.000.000 less then most of the other title candidates. So I go out on the transfer marked having decided to look for young talented players in Scandinavia first and foremost as my squad allready is good enough to challenge for the title. I end up signing two very exiting youngster, Lauri Dalla Valle a 16 year old Finnish striker with some very good stats for his age and a 19 year old Swedish central midfielder with the potensial to be a leading Tippeliga player in the future.

However my plans of only buying exiting youngsters soon change as a £3.100.000 bid for my star defender Morten M. Skjønsberg comes in and the chairman immediatly approves of it. To put it in contex, the club had a bank balance of £420.000 when the bid came so no wonder that he accepted.

Now, I quickly needed reinforcements in my defense and my assistant manager also wanted me to reinforce the midfield. As a man of action, I had already scouted 5 players I thought were immense reinforcements. Spending £110.000 on Zè Antonio a Brazilian defensive midfielder, another £800.000 on Marcus Pode, a 22 year old Danish striker, I also got Børre Steenslid the 23 year old Norwegian defender from my rivals Viking FK, a 24 year old Swedish defender called Hagrine (I can't remember the exact spelling) and last, but not least I bought another Brazilian midfielder with both offensive and defensive qualities.

I was very pleased with myself, not only had I gotten some great reinforcements - I still had money left. To make it even better, of these signings 3 were described as quality signings and 3 as whatever the price signings by my scouts earlier.

So, I go into the season as underdogs. My fans and my board expect me to at least qualify for Europe by achieving 4th place or better. The media expects me to land the 5th place and the bookies believe I have a 1 in 40 chance of winning the league. My start to the season was tough as I started with two quite mediocre teams at home, but then had to visit three title contenders in a row. However the resillience of my team was not to be underestimated and after winning my first two games, I get another 7 from my title rivals.

My good run continues into the Summer and I have a 6 point lead at the top of the table with 13 of 26 games played. I also managed to qualify to the Norwegian cups quarter finals and even more important: I'm still unbeaten!

However things are about to take a turn for the worse, as I lose in the quarter finals on a very harsh penalty decision against my rivals Viking FK. To make things worse, my chairman starts accepting bids of £1,900,000 for my star midfielder Somen Tchoyi and my want away star defender Pontus Segerström is attracting bids around £1,500,000 that I am forced to accept. Also I am starting to struggle quite a bit in the league, winning only 1 in 5 games, drawing the rest.

Ofcourse both players accept their respective transfers, but taking a good look at my squad, I quickly realise that this doesn't weaken me enough that I need to go spending big. Which was a relief for me as I had only three days left of the transfer window and it is so easy to get stressed and make a bad purchase. Instead I spent £100.000 on a 18 year old Italian defender who had the promise of becoming a leading defender in the Norwegian Tippeliga.

Meanwhile I continue my unbeaten run, but as I draw far to often my rivals gain more and more ground on me. With only two games left in the season, my 7 points gap had shrunk to a 4 point gap. To make matters worse, I draw against Aalesund - who at that time was allready relegated, while my rivals win. We go into the last game of the season with a mere three points down, but I have a superior goal difference. However a 3-1 win over Fredrikstad ensure me the title and means that I got through the entire season unbeaten!

To round of, I got some stats from my 26 games unbeaten run:

Final position: 1st
Total points: 55
Total goals: 57
Conceded: 21
Biggest victory: 5-2 against Lyn and Odd Grenland.
Number of victories: 18
Number of draws: 8
Final placement in the cup: quarterfinal
Top goalscorer: Veigar Pall Gunnarson 15 goals
Assists: Marcus Pode 11 assists

Now I need to prepare for Royal League and continue building my team. A major loss for me is that my star left midfielder Alanzinhio is leaving me soon, so I need some replacements in midfield before next season. I also need to expand my squad somewhat as I next season will be competing in at least three competitions.

*Puh* This started out as a short post to give some thoughts about my season and ended up rivaling Drevaks lengths. :wink:

DREVAK

Established Member
March 2013 and Ipswich are absolutely magnificent in the league. Unbeaten and only three draws! And nine points ahead of Arsenal. Some interesting changes in the top teams as well. Aforementioned Arsenal are up there, closely followed by Manchester United. However, then it's Manchester City, Reading and Everton! Liverpool and Chelsea are eighth and ninth, respectively.

But not all is well for Ipswich. Only a few game days ago did I suffer my first defeat in a rather long time in the Carling Cup final against Chelsea. A horrible blunder by the otherwise impeccable Garry Bocaly gifted the only goal of the game to Chelsea. He passed back to the keeper but the ball only reached Giuseppe Rossi who just could not miss the empty net.

Although I have to say I was surprised as the board confidence screen said it was okay and an appearance in the final was fine. Well, it wasn't for me and I sure let the team know! Luckily for them I am still very much alive in the FA Cup and Champions League. Not to mention it would take something very special from the other teams to steal the title from Ipswich's hands.

Maybe I am being just too confident, though. As I had suffered a lot of injuries to my key players. In one of my previous posts I mused about having a lot of players and not knowing what to do with them. Especially attacking midfielders. Well, guess what? Two or three injured. For a long time. Maybe it won't be the opposition but my team which will defeat itself!

Oh and did I mention my menagerie of past stars has grown bigger? Michael Owen the latest addition!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Did a new Arsenal season

first season bought Veloso I really like this dude and Boruc, second in League and knocked out in CL right after the group stages but won the cups

Second season bought Micah and Aguero changed into a 4-1-2-3, alotta unhappy players thou, Hleb, Flamini and Persie all wants new challanges

DREVAK

Established Member
Good evening. Tonight on 'It's The Mind' we examine the phenomenon of deja vu. That strange feeling we sometimes get that we've lived through something before. That what is happening now has already happened. Tonight on 'It's The Mind' we examine the phenomenon of deja vu. That strange feeling we sometimes get that we've lived through something before. That what is happening now has already happened.

Ipswich have done it again! The league is ours! With a few matches to spare and, once again, unbeaten! What an achievement! Shows how awesome the team is, and that it was not by pure chance they managed to do it last season. But just winning the league two times in a row would be no grounds to talk about the phenomenon of deja vu. That strange feeling we sometimes get that we've lived through something before. That what is happening now has already happened.

Not even the fact alone that Ipswich have faced Manchester United on the last day of the season, and will face them once again in a few days in the Champions League final, would be enough. Nor is it facing Arsenal four times – in the two legs of a Champions League semi final, followed by a Premier League encounter and topped off with the upcoming FA Cup final. No, it is the combination of these factors which make it seem as if there are only three teams in the world, Manchester United, Arsenal and Ipswich, which play each other, that prompts the mind to think about the phenomenon of deja vu. That strange feeling we sometimes get that we've lived through something before. That what is happening now has already happened.

Yep, it's true. It really feels as if the top European teams have made a private league. The last six matches of the season played against two teams only. Or yet to be played, in the case of the two aforementioned finals. One more trophy is a must, and two would not be entirely unexpected! There is no stopping the Ipswich football machine now. No, honestly. Just look at the successes of the (would be!) successors.

First, my reserves. Nothing too great but since plenty of other teams sometimes field first team players in the reserve league, still an achievement.

clipboard01451.jpg

Second, the Under 18s. Their record is even better than that of my first team! Not to mention two players who managed to get 34, respectively 33 goals!

clipboard02228.jpg

And that's it. Well, not all of it. Still two finals to be played and then it's onto another summer of... not really spending money, just rejecting the hilarious offers from other teams for my players. Good evening. Tonight on 'It's The Mind'...

DREVAK

Established Member
... it's Ipswich winning the FA Cup 5 – 4 on penalties after extra time ended in a one all draw! Arsenal took the lead early in the game, but as the minutes went by, I was the better team but just could not convert my chances. In fact, the game should have been won at the very least in extra time and should have not gone to penalties.

But I don't complain! Although I came very close to doing so. Denilson could have won it for Arsenal. As they were 4 – 3 up on penalties, with Ipswich having one effort saved by Akinfeev. But Denilson did not strike it cleanly, giving my team the chance to equalize. Strangely enough, Akinfeev then went to take the sixth penalty – saved – more or less granting me the gup as it was just a question of Ipswich centre back Sidnei drilling the ball hard and low into the net. Which he did!

Ipswich have won the FA Cup! The Double was ours! But could the team get the Treble? None other than Manchester United stood in the way of such an historical feat!

And stand was all they did. In an absolute anticlimax of a match, Ipswich ran out deserved winners thanks to goals from Guilherme – Champions League top scorer with twelve goals by the way – and Acapandie. Goalkeeper Amelia was especially to blame, after he went forward to play a bit of a sweeper keeper but misjudged the situation, allowing the aforementioned Acapandie to score the second – and last – goal of the game. United didn't even come close to threatening the Ipswich supremacy throughout the match.

Not the best of matches but I didn't mind – Ipswich have won the Champions League! And thus the Treble! In your face, Sir Alex Ferguson, ha! Although it has been Solskjaer for some time now... nevermind. So, yeah! What a season! And it wasn't even that hard! The opposition better start actually opposing me for a change, hah!

-Shaun-

Thinking about buying this for the 360, but I have heard it isn't as good as the PC version.

Any advice? :lol: I have never played on FM before.

nazo

Established Member
Just get the pc one.
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to get it now with 09 coming out in a few months. Just download it if you know where to look [/pirate]

Tegh

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Just get the pc one.
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to get it now with 09 coming out in a few months. Just download it if you know where to look [/pirate]
Alert the authorities!

entropy13

Established Member
It would still be a good idea to get it. October's a long way to go, and the bugs would most probably be fixed only around Dec-Feb (along with a new DB)

Anzac

Established Member
Man I'm soooo f*cked up by this transfer season!!!

I've deleted my previous AFC game, but such is my hate for the BIG guns from Europe that I've started another AFC game!!!!

Just signed Frey for about 17.5m, 10m cash & the rest over 24 months; Veloso for 5m up front & 6m over 24 months; and Aguero for 15m up front & 15m over 24 months. I am going to stick with the 4231 with Cesc & Veloso behind the front 4, with Aguero in the hole. I'm going to play RVP & Hleb from the flanks & Ade as the central striker.

I want to get this one sorted & then will probably re-visit / re-start my Wolves game.

-Shaun-

bluenaz said:
Just get the pc one.

And, errrrm.. *Looks around shadily*

Guess you wouldn't know where to look mate? :ph34r

Kilgallon

Picked this up pretty cheap the other day. Started an Arsenal file and have brought in Yobo, Wiese, Quaresma and some African striker I can't remember the name of...

Theo's dissapointingly understatted, can anyone tell me if he develops into a good player? Or should I get rid?

Top Bottom