• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
andyswafc said:
Is it me or is being Arsenal straight away, extremely hard? Got sacked before Christmas at my first attempt, ended up being Bradford boss.

Not jsut Arsneal I have gotten sacked from both Arsenal and Inter!

It is hard as hell, I start out alright, get some good signings in, team is doign their thing in friendlies, no major injuries during pre-season, league starts out okey then everything goes to hell, starts loosing matches, players getting injured for nothing, players starting to dislike each other, losing conviction in me the coach

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
First season with Arsenal and i am standing 3rd.
With ten loses already!

Its the same as our last season the easyiest matches on paper i lose that one always, and the big games i dominate them and put them behind me.

Its a strange season till know (out of the Fa Cup out of the Carling Cup Premier League Titel is far away with Man Utd 20 points ahead of me) one positive point is.

Champions League Semi Finals (against Man Utd)

I will make some screens later in the week maby. but i will put my formation here so you guys have a little vieuw on it.

-------------------------------Fabianski--------------------------
Richards------Toure-------Gallas--------Clichy

--------------Fabregas-------------------------

----------Hleb-----------Rosicky-----------Quaresma

-----------Vpersie---------------Eduardo

Eduardo on the wing is a very good solution in my game he looks so good in that posistion past his opponents very good good skills anyway.

My Bench:
Walcott
Bendtner
Denilson
Diaby
Adebayor

More to follow (Possible)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
entropy13 said:
regele said:
andyswafc said:
Is it me or is being Arsenal straight away, extremely hard? Got sacked before Christmas at my first attempt, ended up being Bradford boss.
I've given up on this game, since it's been renamed football manager I can't do anything with it. I mean I win all the friendlies, everybody is nice and happy and then I lose my debut game against Derby at home by more than a goal, it's ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that when you lead say by a goal and there are 5 minutes to go there are a lot of highlights of the game, mainly with them attacking you, if it's the other way around the clock just runs out and it rarely shows any highlights.

Perhaps there's something wrong with your tactics. My Fiorentina squad has just won the treble (CL, league and cup) plus the Euro Super Cup (v. West Ham) the following season. Signed Guy Asulin and Ben Sahar on a free.

You questioning our football manager knowledge,

300-movie-400a0309.jpg

YOU HAVE OFFENDED MY HONOUR I CHALLANGE YOU TO A DUEL

:lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
For Arsenal I bought

Pandev
Mathias Fernandez
Lorik Cana
Micah Richards

For Inter I bought

Cassini
Palombo
Mathias Fernandez
Akinfeev

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
started up a new Inter season, took my tiume to coach the team myself in the friendlies

lost the opening game against atalanta but changed up my tactics to a

backline of 3, (2 set to man marking nad one in a sweeper role

4 man midfield with 2 attacking wingbacks and two CDM(one more strikt defense and one more attacking nad they change position

one ACM with free role, one targetman and one free role striker

won 11 straight gmaes before I lost ot frekkin Udinese when Vieira and Zlatan got red cards

banging in alotta goals in CL

signings
Daniel Alves got rid of Maicon cuz Chelski bid so much, Alves is an upgrade evne thou he cost

MAtias Fernandez, has taken ovber after Stankovic (who still plays alotta gmaes because he covers for right wingback and ACM

And the portugese CD/DM kid Velaso I think, converting him to left wingback but has had soem good gmaes covering ofr the backline and CDMs

entropy13

Established Member
YeahBee said:
started up a new Inter season, took my tiume to coach the team myself in the friendlies

lost the opening game against atalanta but changed up my tactics to a

backline of 3, (2 set to man marking nad one in a sweeper role

4 man midfield with 2 attacking wingbacks and two CDM(one more strikt defense and one more attacking nad they change position

one ACM with free role, one targetman and one free role striker

won 11 straight gmaes before I lost ot frekkin Udinese when Vieira and Zlatan got red cards

banging in alotta goals in CL

signings
Daniel Alves got rid of Maicon because Chelski bid so much, Alves is an upgrade evne thou he cost

MAtias Fernandez, has taken ovber after Stankovic (who still plays alotta gmaes because he covers for right wingback and ACM

And the portugese CD/DM kid Velaso I think, converting him to left wingback but has had soem good gmaes covering ofr the backline and CDMs

Miguel Veloso. Scouted him, but I don't think I'll be needing him yet. Naldo and Dainelli has been superb in the middle. And Donadel is great as a defensive CM (not DM, I don't use DMs :p)

Any other players you need? I recommend Luis Jimenez as your ACM. He starts off the first season on loan at Inter though...have you terminated it or not? Try making it permanent.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i can't sign veloso and nasri. their clubs demand 20m and more. wtf. how the hell you sign matias fernandes? villareal keeps rejecting my bid. i guess i need to wait for january. i signed 66 players, mostly youngsters on free.

but my arsenal isn't doing well. 5th in the league, 7 pts off the pace, but i only lost one match, and its to chelsea.

i can't seem to keep a clean sheet though. never had i kept one before. even against mediorcre teams, they seem to score 1 consolation or last min goal against me. so irritating.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
matiaz fernandez goes for about 13-15m euros if you play hardball and give a good sell on bonus

he is like 75% of all assists in my current inter team and third scorer

velaso yeah had to pay 18m euros for him with 35%sell on, after 3 months he is alread a competent wingback left and has great games at both CD and DM

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

1 season. LOL. all the [yth]. most players cost less than 1m.

i will go for matias fernandes if i am given the chance to last till jan. the board is currently unhappy with my performances and think i could be better. and its made worst today when i went out of the CL grp stages. to be fair, i had rangers, stuttgart and sevilla to content with. group of death.

in epl i am 2nd, 11 points behind manure. and they deemed it poor.

aaritalo is a fantastic talent, same goes to tommasi

entropy13

Established Member
66 players??? That's just too much in just one season! Your coaches would certainly demand higher salary because of the workload they'll have.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i am regretting it now. some of the more highly rated youngsters wants to leave because of no first team actions. and my wages are high.

Gurgen

Established Member
Had a great second season with Arsenal. Won the League, CL and CC.

Was unbeaten for 36 games in the EPL, I lost the first and last game of the season. Last game was Reading at home and I lost. Lazy unmotivated pricks in my team. I so wanted to go 50 unbeaten.
I beat Besiktas, Madrid and Roma in the CL. In the final I had AC Milan and I beat them 3-0 with Ade (2) and Menez getting the goals.

Despite this mini-treble, the board keeps reminding me of my FA Cup failure :lol:

HollandGooner

Established Member

Gurgen said:

Was unbeaten for 36 games in the EPL, I lost the first and last game of the season. Last game was Reading at home and I lost. Lazy unmotivated pricks in my team. I so wanted to go 50 unbeaten.
I beat Besiktas, Madrid and Roma in the CL. In the final I had AC Milan and I beat them 3-0 with Ade (2) and Menez getting the goals.

Despite this mini-treble, the board keeps reminding me of my FA Cup failure :lol:

Wow, great second season i see, do you still have the same team or do you have add some players?

qs

Established Member
For Arsenal I bought Owen, Modric, Menez and Frey.

I'm convinced the key to Arsenal success is a good GK signing. Frey has been great for me, makes a huge difference.

I'm 2nd in the league still in all comps at December. My best players are the ones I signed, Owens top scorer. van Persies been great too.

Can't get much from my midfield though, Fabs been very disappointing so far.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

i biggest mistake is signing oswaldo sanchez as my keeper because he sucked. i went to buy akinfeev in january and i have won the league cup now, beating chelsea 4-1 and in league beaten the 3 top teams manutd3-1 chelsea2-1 liverpool 6-0.

but i am still 6 pts away from manutd 1st, i am 2nd now but i closed down the deficit from 11 points. funny thing is i am struggling to beat the small teams, drawn derby at home and lost to sunderland

Gurgen

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
Gurgen said:

Wow, great second season i see, do you still have the same team or do you have add some players?

Exactly the same first team, sold Eduardo and bought Miguel Torres for defensive cover. Wanted to buy Micah Richards but I'm not going to spend 60m on a player who is only marginally better than Djourou.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Won the league with inter but it was clsoe until the end had to win the last match to get it, only lsot my first game, and the italian cup final, lsot to Chelski in the semi due to away goal (1-1 home 0-0 away)

Going into the second season strong

bought Ustari, Palombo and Aguero, Zlatan and Adriano scored goals for fun, but only Alves and Fernancez scored double digits otherwise, goals dried up when I didnä't have Adriano and Zlatan ,thank god I don't have Crespo anymore, huge slary and he *****ed all the time, Cruz and Suazo wasn't much better, gonan sell Suazo cruz is a vet he can stick around

HollandGooner

Established Member

Gurgen said:
HollandGooner said:
Gurgen said:

Exactly the same first team, sold Eduardo and bought Miguel Torres for defensive cover. Wanted to buy Micah Richards but I'm not going to spend 60m on a player who is only marginally better than Djourou.

Hmm, intresting my new start to the season with some addings.

Lulinha
Fernandez from Villareal
Higuan from Real Madrid

Anyway, again a very slow slow start to the beginning of the season 0-0 against Sunderland (Away) 1-3 Win against Grashoppers and again 2-1 lose against Birmingham Away.

Its my second season now as manager but its difficult to find the good tactics, how do you play Gurgen anyway? i will give my formation right now at the moment.

GK Fabianski/Lehmann
RB Sagna/Diarra
CB Toure/Senderos/Nordveit
CB Richards/Djourou
LB Clichy
DM Fabregas/Diaby/Denilson/Diarra
AMR Hleb/Walcott/Higuan/Lulinha/Vpersie/Vela
CAM Rosicky/Hleb/Lulinha/Higuan/Vpersie/Vela
AML Eduardo/Quaresma/Walcott/Vpersie/Vela
ST Vpersie/Bendtner/Walcott/Eduardo/Vela
ST Adebayor/Bendtner/Walcott/Eduardo/Vela

Its difficult to find a very good working tactic anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom