• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Its difficult to find a very good working tactic anyway.
Fabregas as DM? I mean wtf? gotta have soem grit in midfield

You want to play offensive football then have some players do the dirty work

do you adjust each position manually?, experiment with closing down high of defensive line?, levels of freedom?

the best succes I had with Arsenal was with (don't take my word for it thou I got sacked :lol: was with playing a 4-1-3-2

LB/RB long runs up
One CDM a perfect Gilberto role

three cetnral mids with loads of freedom, swapping positions and whatnot, long runs for the outer mids up to the corners, arrow upwards for the middle player, set Fabregas as playmaker, give one striker a targetman role, one a free role

andyswafc

YeahBee said:
I crushed Juventus 5-0 in the opening game then barely beat Empoli hehe

Similar to my game, great result followed by a loss!!

Just started a new Arsenal game to see If I can change my luck a bit!

Gurgen

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
Its my second season now as manager but its difficult to find the good tactics, how do you play Gurgen anyway? i will give my formation right now at the moment.

I play 4-3-3

Team instructions I have tempo quick, mentality attacking and closing down all over. Rest all normal (by normal I mean the standard setting the game has btw).

Player instructions I have CB's normal, FB's everything mixed. One DM (met de punt naar achteren), with mentality normal, closing down on maximum, forward runs rarely, through balls rarely, sometimes I have him man marking a playmaker. Two attacking CM's, forward runs often, through balls often. Three strikers, CF everything mixed, wide forwards, run with ball often, forward runs often.

Like this:

Can't really help you with 4-4-2 though. You'll need a very strong CM next to Cesc, that's pretty much the basics.

qs

Established Member
HollandGooner said:

I've found you need to switch tactics around alot more often in this years. Last year you could win a season without much change, now I get more success when I change every couple of months. Makes it had to fit players in though.

entropy13

Established Member
qs said:
HollandGooner said:

I've found you need to switch tactics around alot more often in this years. Last year you could win a season without much change, now I get more success when I change every couple of months. Makes it had to fit players in though.

Yes, tactical changes are more often in FM 2008. I've played a 4-2-4 for a couple of weeks with my Fiorentina team before already, Pazzini, Cacia, Vantaggiato and Lupoli upfront, and Pazienza and Donadel for the midfield. I've also been forced to play a 4-5-1, with only Lupoli upfront.

I usually rotate my players as well, and most of the differences among the many tactics I've saved occur with my midfield instructions and/or the movement of fullbacks and forwards (if there are more than 2 forwards).

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
man CL rules for homegrown players is biting me in the ass, that was why I signed 28 players, youths :)

gunnerGH

Established Member
No joke...........8 red cards in last 6 games. Not even set to tackling hard......****ing piss take

xcdude24

Established Member
Alright, I play a 4-4-2 attacking with Cesc in CM, and he's flat out underperforming. Kind of a broad question, but any suggestions on how to utilize him to his maximum potential?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lol. i just completed a quadruple season. at first at midseason i thought i was going to get the sack. i realise if you set to title winners, the demands will be damn high.

then i bought 2 player that changed my team, one is fernando belluschi and the other was akinfeev. i start to stop conceding so much goals and create more in front.

i won league cup, beating chelsea 4-1 easily. then i won EPL by goal difference, lol manure need a point in their last 2 game to win the title but they lost both so i was level with them on points but won on goal difference. i also won the CL by beating manure 3-2, and shaded the FA cup by beating chelsea 3-2 after AET coming from 2-1 down. interestingly, all 4 CL semi finalist are from eng, i had chelsea to content win, but won on away goals 2-2 and manure won liverpool 6-0 agregate.

this season i started by losing the shield 2-1 to manure, then i was winless for the first 4 league games, drawing away to sunderland and derby, and drawing at home to bolton and losing to manure at home too. but i won the super cup and won my first 2 CL grp games. i was initially alot of points behind manure in 15th place, they won all their games, but now they have slipped up so much that i overtook them lol.

currently playing real madrid in UCL 3rd match, grrr sneijder scored a late 95th min equaliser from 30 yards out

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
xcdude24 said:
Alright, I play a 4-4-2 attacking with Cesc in CM, and he's flat out underperforming. Kind of a broad question, but any suggestions on how to utilize him to his maximum potential?

HAve you set him to playmaker?

I have only played with arsenal until January 2 times
but Cesc wasn't a problem for me, striekrs that didn't score and fullbacks that were lousy was my problem

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I have try the tactics from Gurgen,
And i must say its working very well but still must bought a good goalkeeper because Fabianski is,nt really ready some good peformance,s but i getting to much goals against me.

At the moment my formation.

GK Akinifeev
RB Sagna
CB Toure
CB Richards
CB Clichy
VM Fabregas
CM Rosicky
CM Fernandez(Villareal)
RF Hleb
ST Adebayor
LF Vpersie

On the bench:
Bendtner
Higuan
Quaresma
Vela
Eduardo

My defenders are always playing alwas the same four so thats not new anyway.

My midfielders i switch them most of the times Hleb/Rosicky i rotate them Fernandez and Fabregas are playing almost everything, and on Rosicky he is a real lion in my game very good distance shooter good passer, etc etc..

My forwards i rotate them also but i rotate them only if my distance 2-0 or 2-1 is in my favour, Eduardo/Hleb Vpersie/Hleb Adebayor/Vela/Higuan.

Anyway my first rival game against Chelsea (Home) was very poor! i created alot of chances but not take any of them! and ofcourse Chelsea pick me up on the counter attacking and i lose with a very harsh result 0-4. but created more more posession so it was really harsh Yes!

Walcott/Denilson they are on a loan-out because i thought if they not might play that much they will not grow up to a good player for Arsenal. Walcott loaned out to Portsmouth and Denilson is loaned out to Atletico Madrid.

I will keep ya guys uptodate..

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I got the latest FM recently but I haven’t been able to get into it at all.

In my boredom yesterday I decided to cheat and take charge of Man City, and give myself infinite funds.

I signed:

Dimitar Berbatov
Samir Nasri
Hatem Ben Arfa
Luka Modric
Giles Barnes
Mathieu Flamini
Miguel Veloso
Joleon Lescott
Yoan Gouffran
Artur Boruc

My first game was against Man United at Old Trafford. After going 5-nil down after 65 minutes (due to injuries the team was Boruc, Lescott, Dunne, Richards, Corluka, Flamini, Johnson, Nasri, Petrov, Modric, Berbatov), with Boruc at fault for 4 of the 5 goals but still managing a rating of 6, I turned the game off.

Good story huh? :p

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I know, I know. I was in for Pandev instead at first but he went for £30m and all the big clubs wanted him. I tried to get Benzema too and I had a £32m bid accepted but he told me where to go.

Maybe tonight I'll install the patch, cheat on money again, hope for an easier opening fixture and spend some extra cash on van der Vaart, Akinfeev, Diego, a few defenders and a centre-forward who can act as an attacking focal-point while at the same time not squandering loads of chances like that poxy Spud. Any suggestions?

I’m thinking a midfield of Veloso, Nasri, van der Vaart, Diego and Elano, with Flamini, Johnson, Modric, Ben Arfa, Petrov and Bojinov as back-ups. Maybe cheating will pay, this time.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
it has hit me as well.

dec 09 and i can't continue further than that.

application crash dump error

Top Bottom