• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

gunnerGH

Established Member
This one addition sounds awesome:

Regenerated player photo’s – All in game generated players now have pictures using FaceGen technology to give each player more personality, and the ability for the players to be seen to grow up in front of your eyes as the game is going on.

:lol:

nazo

Established Member
1695.jpg

I don't like this Facegen for some reason. :|

DREVAK

Established Member
Actually, up to fifty countries means at least one country less than Football Manager 2007 offers. There are 51 countries. I was unsure at first, but started the game and checked. Kinda surprised me I have to say. Although I guess I could care less, I usually include only the reasonable leagues in my games.

As for the online manager, I just don't know. I don't expect it to be a huge success. First, you can play FM online. On a much lesser scale than having a completely dedicated game, of course. But the option of enjoying the game system is there. And second, there are several online managers already. And some of those offer comparable, or perhaps even better, football management experience.

But it's not like I'm saying people won't play this new online FM at all. It's just that I don't feel it will attract eyebrow raising numbers of players. As there is the multiplayer option of standard FM, as well as a massively populated segment of (free!) online managers already. But my predictions don't usually come true, so, yeah, well, you get the idea.

However I do look forward to the next installment of the series. I haven't really checked the game development's progress, so I don't really know what to expect. But as long as they put even more detail in the game, I will be content. Such as more events, more atmosphere, more off the pitch things. I'd love that.

Another thing I have mentioned in the past that I would welcome in FM2008 would be perhaps a greater freedom and feedback in one's tactics. I do realize what each button does, but sometimes I find it difficult or even outright impossible to put my ideas to work through the game interface. Either I'm unsure what exact setting to use in order to accomplish what I want, or it's not possible with the limited options. I do realize there have to be limits to what one should be able to do, but basically expanding the tactical options slightly together with having a better idea about their use is what I'm talking about.

But the bottom line is quite simple. I can't wait to get Ipswich to Premier League again!

Soler

Established Member
bluenaz said:
I don't like this Facegen for some reason. :|

Me either.

I'll be sure to turn it off. It looks crap, I could do better in Poser5. :|

stuart

Established Member
I heard a right few people are getting bugs off this edition for some reason...be careful! Or else buy it, like us decent folk ;)

nazo

Established Member
The whole game is buggy and a patch is really needed. The closing down option needs fixing because it is really messed and some other features are messed up. As for pirating the game, there's always a way around those stupid anti-piracy bugs.

JML

I've read about all kinds of bugs and glitches on the SI forums. The only problem I've had is that I got this "array access out of bounds" window when I tried to offer a contract to Obafemi Martins. I clicked ok and went on playing.

What happened to the 2007 U20 World Cup?

Top Bottom