• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

Anzac

Established Member
Player development depends on a lot of things including:
* game time;
* position / role / formation;
* training & quality of training to suit.

James

Established Member
Just finished my second season with Lyon. Far too easy, won the league and cup doubles in both seasons. Failed to get past the first round of knockout stages in the CL though, as i was drawn against Madrid and then United. Not going to renew my contract, even though i've built a nice squad with the likes of Nasri, Hamsik, Makoun, Menez and Gouffran.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Never say die attitude.

Losing 2-0 to 2nd place man utd come back to win 3-2. A ten minute hat-trick by Vela.

GET IN MY SON!!!!!!!!!

(might even move up to 5th now) :(

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I cant get out of 5th in my game, everytime i get into 4th or 3rd my best players get injured and i start losing/drawing again. So its like mid-Febuary and Im in 5th, but just 4 points out of 2nd, but i just went out of the Coppa Italia to Fiorentina, and just lost to Genoa in the league, before that I was 15 matches unbeaten.

entropy13

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
I cant get out of 5th in my game, everytime i get into 4th or 3rd my best players get injured and i start losing/drawing again. So its like mid-Febuary and Im in 5th, but just 4 points out of 2nd, but i just went out of the Coppa Italia to Fiorentina, and just lost to Genoa in the league, before that I was 15 matches unbeaten.

What's your team? :)

James

Established Member
Left my reign at Lyon after two seasons, and after being offered both the Sp**s and Birmingham jobs, Benitez has gone to Lyon and Liverpool came in for me. Couldn't say no really. Squad isn't too different really besides Huntelaar and Moutinho being there.

True Gooner

Established Member
I just sold Eboue to Tottenham for £ 12.7 million. :lol:

This one of the few times Ive been paid a high amount for my players, how do you guys manage to get high deals for your players? Most of the time Im forced to sell them at face value or slighly less than that. For example, I had to sell Senderos for £ 3.4 million when hes really worth about £ 6 million and that effectively screwed up my transfer plans.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
entropy13 said:
USgoonergirl said:

What's your team? :)
Roma, so far I've had De Rossi and Aquilani both out 6 months, and Berbatov out 5,Totti out 3 1/2, along with frequent 1-2 months out for my other starters. Its either bad luck or my physios are monkeys.

nazo

Established Member
true gooner said:
I just sold Eboue to Tottenham for £ 12.7 million. :lol:

This one of the few times Ive been paid a high amount for my players, how do you guys manage to get high deals for your players? Most of the time Im forced to sell them at face value or slighly less than that. For example, I had to sell Senderos for £ 3.4 million when hes really worth about £ 6 million and that effectively screwed up my transfer plans.

The first things i do whenever i start any Arsenal game (and i do it alot) is:
-Sell Senderos for 4-5mil, Gilberto for 5, Flamini for 5, Almunia for 3, Lehmann for 1, and any youngsters who i think aren't good enough for the team (Dunne, Gilbert, Gibbs..etc) for 500k-1mil.
-Sack 3 pathetic coaches i have (i don't remember who but they're bad).
-sign 4 new coaches.
-sign Agliardi (7mil) or Lloris (12mil).
-import my training stuff from a long time ago as well as my favourite tactics.

Then i'm good to go. I sign random players for random prices after that depending on how i'm feeling.

Btw don't you already get 65mil from the board at the beginning of the game? Isn't that good enough.

entropy13

Established Member
Keep Senderos and Flamini for a season max, then you can sell them for higher prices. I've sold Senderos for 15m and Flamini for 10m.

Anzac

Established Member
Man I'm p*ssed as - my laptop crashed & I've had to reformat the drive!!!!
In the process I've lost fm loader & the torrent I had doesn't seem to be working!!!!

anyone able to help pse pm.

DISREGARD - I've found it!!!! :bounce
Now it import all my data from my game & see if all works!!!! :wink:

Well it's all loaded up & opened the previous save games - so it all looks good. :bounce

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I just finished my second season at Roma, finished 5th again in the league, though this time I was just 8 points out of first. It was a little frustrating finishing 5th though because I was 2nd and 3rd for most of the year, but in the end of March into April I went on a horrible run, and I just couldnt bounce back. Ive already made some new signings which should help, and have some young players coming into the first team so hopefully with a better/deeper squad I can at least break into the top 4, maybe make a run at winning the league.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
okey now for the thrid season won the cups and league second season, unchallanged

could not get the play to work in the CL, got to the semis by only scoring 2 goals and then winnign on penalties 2 times, lost the semis 1 goal each agaisnt CHelski.

it is strnage Chelski always beats me I think I have won agaisnt them once in 3 years

but Flamini, RVP, Hleb and Rosicky all wnated new challanges, I got 80m euroes for flam and RVP 25 each forv rosicky and Hleb

Bought MAtias Fernandez, Hamsik, that italian young DC/DL dominic something, Van Der vAart and a bunch of young kids, but have alotta people coming thru the youth ranks, Wlacott, Barazite, LAndsbury, Wiljaedun

still got Lehmann to, has played alot befause Bortuc got injured in march for 7 months

third season started with a bang, lost to chelski in the super cup but won 7-0 agaisnt Manure this is the season I am taking it all!!!!!!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Just won the World Cup with Russia. I proceeded to apply for 7 jobs, Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy, England, Paraguay, Ivory Coast and all of them wants to employ me. :D

Understandably so though, as I am top of the Hall of Fame list. I am in 2014. My Arsenal is unbeaten in 62 games now.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
entropy13 said:
Unbeaten in 62 games in all comps?
only in premierleague.

i lost to hamburg in cl 1-0 despite dominating.

and i remembered pompey gave my 2nd stringer a 4-0 thrashing in the fa cup.

i completed the treble though

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I just won my first trophey! lol Just finished my first scudetto winning season with Roma, hopefully I can now win more.

entropy13

Established Member
Better try and match my Fiorentina career so far USgoonergirl.

5 Scudetti, 4 Euro Champions Cup wins, 1 Euro Cup win, 5 Coppa Italia wins, 5 Super Coppa Italia wins, 5 Euro Super Cup wins, 4 World Club Championship Cup wins. :D

Top Bottom