• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2008.

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Better try and match my Fiorentina career so far USgoonergirl.

5 Scudetti, 4 Euro Champions Cup wins, 1 Euro Cup win, 5 Coppa Italia wins, 5 Super Coppa Italia wins, 5 Euro Super Cup wins, 4 World Club Championship Cup wins. :D

jeeez - how many seasons????
I can't get my sh*t together long enough to get thru' one at the moment - I've had to restart my AFC game re my PC reboot, and I'm still f*cking around exploring different formations in pre-season. Got seperate games going with 442, 433, 4312, 4321 & 4231 - and even my 442 isn't standard as I've been playing around with it to try to emulate our 'real' playing style.

James

Established Member
This is pretty much all i've been doing so far this summer. Got a brilliant network game with my mate as Roma, he's Fiorentina. In 3rd, 7 points behind Inter with 32 games played. He's currently 5th, 11 points behind. Got dumped out the CL in the group stage (had Liverpool, Marseille and Sporting in my group), and was then knocked out of the Uefa Cup by Zaragoza. Signed Huntelaar and Matias Fernandez, as well as Sankhare, Sakho and Adrien. Network games are always alot tougher cause i like to take my time over the season hah.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Anzac said:
entropy13 said:

5 Scudetti, 4 Euro Champions Cup wins, 1 Euro Cup win, 5 Coppa Italia wins, 5 Super Coppa Italia wins, 5 Euro Super Cup wins, 4 World Club Championship Cup wins. :D

I can't get my sh*t together long enough to get thru' one at the moment - I've had to restart my AFC game re my PC reboot, and I'm still f*cking around exploring different formations in pre-season. Got seperate games going with 442, 433, 4312, 4321 & 4231 - and even my 442 isn't standard as I've been playing around with it to try to emulate our 'real' playing style.

Lets see my Arsenal.

8 EPL titles
5 CL titles
5 Club World Championship
5 Super Cup
3 Fa Cup
4 Carling Cup
7 Community Shield

And then my record with National teams
1 European Championship with England
1 World Cup with Russia

andyswafc

My laptop with my game on has broken, the disc is still in and I cant switch it on to get it out. Need to buy a new power cable to fix it, which costs about 90 quid.

Gutted

entropy13

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Anzac said:
entropy13 said:

Lets see my Arsenal.

8 EPL titles
5 CL titles
5 Club World Championship
5 Super Cup
3 Fa Cup
4 Carling Cup
7 Community Shield

And then my record with National teams
1 European Championship with England
1 World Cup with Russia

After how many seasons is that Clrnc? I've only played 5 seasons so far as Fiorentina. :wink:

And I'm yet to get any wins with Italy because EURO 2012 is just about to start (I was appointed manager after WC 2010). :p

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
After 8 seasons. I have won every single EPL title until now.

nazo

Established Member
andyswafc said:
My laptop with my game on has broken, the disc is still in and I cant switch it on to get it out. Need to buy a new power cable to fix it, which costs about 90 quid.

Gutted

I'm pretty sure there is this tiny hole on the cd tray on every laptop. You just have to poke it with something else that is small and it should open.

nazo

Established Member
Not really they're made for that stuff. Here's a quote that basically explains it:

"With the PC turned off, unfold a metal paperclip, poke it in the hole and manually eject the CD that's in the drive."

All cdroms i've seen have them, especially if they're laptops.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Oh man did I go on a shopping frenze my third season with inter. second time I play with them

I have yet to win the CL so I strengthend, I almost managed an undeafeted season(SeriA) but lost one game to Juve):

I got
Barzaglia 79meuros
Silva(Valencia) 45meuros
Zeefuik 20meuros (he had been banging in goals for spud)
Felipe the DC(bought him from Arsenal) 25meuros
PAlombo 30meuros
Agliardi 20meuros

and a bunch of youngsters total somewhere over 230million euros

my starting XI
Agliardi
Alves, Chivu, Barzaglia, Maxwell
Palombo Cambiasso
Aguero, Fernandez Silva
Zlatan
Bench
Julio C
Veloso
Paddy
Zeefuik
Balotelli
Andreolli
Hamsik

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
and guys if you need more squad players, schedule a bunch of reserve games, like one every other day, grey players pop up much more frequent.

I have gotten some solid plaeyrs like that, and they are often 18-21 and they get domestic and club trained status straight away

Kilgallon

Just started a new Arsenal file.

I thought I'd make it interesting by selling 15 first team players and buying 11 to replace them. Arsenal's new improved line up looks like this:

Fabianski

Sagna - Toure - Yobo - Taiwo

Fabregas - Aimar - Nihat

Arshavin - Kiessling - Ben Arfa

Subs: DeMichaelis, Bikey , Defour , v.Persie, Walcott, Clichy, Eduardo, Denilson.

At the start of February 2008 I'm top of the league and still in the FA cup and Champions' League.

I regularly thrash teams 4 or 5 nil, I'm thinking of replacing the first team with Championship players over the summer to make next season more challenging.

entropy13

Established Member
@YeahBee: It works best in 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 (i.e. WITHOUT patching) in Italy. I've got good players for that, but I sold almost all of them for lots of money. xD

And it seems you're not frugal with your money :lol:

My budget at the start of the 2012-2013 season was £74m. The transfer window's about to close and it's now £76m. Most of my spending is usually on contract renewals. xD

And I'm a shrewd with transfers as well, bought a player for less than a million, and then I get to sell that player for £12m+ after 3 seasons or so. :p

Also, I've won the Euros with Italy. :)

I've made an edited 8.0.2 database, with the Arsenal board complete, and all Arsenal related transfers that have transpired in reality are "to be completed" (since the game starts in 2007). But it seems I can't load it because I was forced to end the data editor abruptly. :p

Fiorentina - August 2012

GK: Sebastien Frey

DL: Gael Clichy
DC: Miguel Torres
DC: Naldo
DR: Anthony Vanden Borre

DMC: Marco Donadel
ML: Andres Guardado
MC: Francisco Merida
MR: Elano

FC: Giampaolo Pazzini
FC: Daniel Vantaggiato

subs:
Eros Corradini
Pichu Atienza
Nigel de Jong
Yoann Gourcuff
Yoan Gouffran
Daniel Cacia
Nicklas Bendtner

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I want to win everything once, that is why I spent so much money LoL

when I play Arsenal I spend but always young

invisibleman18

Established Member
Started a new game as Arsenal after going 4 seasons without a trophy (so obviously not getting a new contract) in my first game. Much better start this time. Unfortunately 4th in the league although it was very close (6 points separating the top 4) and I was right in it until losing to United and drawing with Chelsea in the 33rd and 34th games. Lost the FA Cup semi final on penalties but I won the Champions League!

I had a quite a tough group which included Lyon and Lazio. You could say my knockout draw was favourable - CSKA Moscow then Ajax then Sevilla then Valencia in the final. But Sevilla did beat Barcelona and Inter, and Ajax beat Liverpool and Valencia beat Chelsea in the semi. Can only beat what's in front of you and all that. Led 1-0 in the final until conceding in the last 10 minutes. Then an action packed extra time saw me win 4-2. :)

James

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://community.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?showtopic=32711&hl=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://community.sortitoutsi.net/index. ... =32711&hl=</a>

SUSIE have an update for anyone that's interested. It's fairly good.

Biggest thing missing of notice is that they couldnt implement the minus points in the lower leagues.

Top Bottom