• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

go49oner

Established Member
New (hopefully) game features announcements will be announced today

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballmanager.net/en/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballmanager.net/en/index.html</a>

02_en.jpg

It would be nice if they could give us (managers) something to do with the money that we earn.

go49oner

Established Member
Re: Football Manager 2009- 3D match engine

part 1 - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27MmCvAtcA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27MmCvAtcA</a>

Part 2

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=77URmWUc-1k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=77URmWUc-1k</a>

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I am definitely getting this. WTF

DREVAK

Established Member

Wow, a 3D match engine, that's completely... unnecessary. Yes, it's nice, yes, it looks good, yes, it might be fun. But if there is going to be a single bug, a single tactical issue, a single problem in the game, then the developers deserve to be badmouthed on an internet forum for committing resources to the development of a 3D match engine before addressing such issues. I don't want to judge before I play the game, of course. But after the disappointment of the last installment's early version, I can't help but to be negative.

go49oner

Established Member

DREVAK said:
Wow, a 3D match engine, that's completely... unnecessary. Yes, it's nice, yes, it looks good, yes, it might be fun. But if there is going to be a single bug, a single tactical issue, a single problem in the game, then the developers deserve to be badmouthed on an internet forum for committing resources to the development of a 3D match engine before addressing such issues. I don't want to judge before I play the game, of course. But after the disappointment of the last installment's early version, I can't help but to be negative.

Am fairly confident it will be very good. SI said they've had it in development for 3 years, and always said it wouldnt be implemented in the game if they weren't ready.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All I can say is wow.

DREVAK

Established Member

Actually I was not questioning the 3D match engine itself. And in fact I do think it will be fairly okay. Might get boring and repetitive, but with today's technology getting a solid 3D representation of what's going on should not be that difficult.

My problem was with the possibility of the game being buggy, badly designed or simply not as fun as it could have been if only they worked harder, to put it simply. And on different, and much more important, aspects than the 3D match view.

But as I said let's just wait and see. Still, my hopes aren't that high to be perfectly honest. That way I can only get pleasantly surprised. Or at least say I told you so in case it's not that great in the end, ha!

True Gooner

Established Member

The 3D match engine is an optional feature. You can turn it off if you want, but I see DREVAKS point...it would be a waste if there were bugs in the game that cannot be resolved until March.

Kilgallon

Meh, I turn off the 2D match engine. Won't need this.

Anzac

Established Member

not to mention player preferred moves included in training!!!!!
so does that mean we'll see step overs in 3D?????

Josh23

Don't be too hopeful of a bug-free release. The bugs are an anti-piracy measure, because they make you need the CD/DVD to get the patch :)

It's about time for a proper 3d engine, though. I half suspect that the reason it took so long to move to 2d in the first place is that they weren't modelling the matches in that much detail before; probably the same thing now.

DREVAK

Established Member

Unless they invented some new, previously unknown system of getting and installing patches for the game, then no, neither bugs nor patches will force you to have the disc and thus won't even in the slightest work as an anti piracy measure.

Anyway, I don't think they weren't modelling the matches in detail before. They obviously couldn't show it on screen, as that would be difficult with a bunch of simplified markers, but you always got a line or two saying a player was doing stepovers or something. So these base on which to build the 3D visuals, the notations were there.

Then again as opposed to a simple 2D match engine they had to make it look good. So that it wouldn't look stupid. So while they already had that aforementioned list of things that the players had to be doing in 3D, making it work together and look believable was always going to be a challenge, not just a simple matter of converting instructions into their respective animations.

Josh23

DREVAK said:
Unless they invented some new, previously unknown system of getting and installing patches for the game, then no, neither bugs nor patches will force you to have the disc and thus won't even in the slightest work as an anti piracy measure.

No? I thought you have to have the disk in the drive to patch the game? Anyway, hardly the most interesting discussion :)

As far as the old match display engine goes, I've always suspected that it bore little or no relation to what goes on under the hood, so to speak. I'm not so sure it's still true, but I got the impression in the older versions that it was just decorative fluff, and that, for example, rather than the game modelling a long-ball, pass, shot, save/no-save and letting you know each time, it was modelling an attack, and then painting it pretty afterwards with words that were selected after the fact.

I'm not sure about the new 2d system, but it still seems to me to be a series of little scenes which fit with the match, rather than a real model.

I'm not sure why I think this, now you ask me :)

Original_AAA

gunnerGH said:
anyone actually played a demo?!

No demo out yet, they usally release the demo 2-3 weeks before the game itself is released (November 14th). So sometime during the next weeks I would imagine.

I remain sceptical to the 3-d engine as it seems like a gimmick you'll tire of after a watching a few games. However, overall I'm looking forward to this game, especially the press conferences - hopefully it will be original enough so that we won't have to answer 50 similar questions every season.

Rocafella

Established Member

The demo for this is coming out midnight, Sunday 2nd November.

USgoonergirl

Established Member

if i get this i will probably just turn off the 3-d match engine. I turn off the 2-d one now lol.

go49oner

Established Member

The Demo is out lads

<a class="postlink" href="http://store.steampowered.com/app/10570/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://store.steampowered.com/app/10570/</a>

Latest posts+

Top Bottom