• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

nazo

Established Member
Ya i remember there was something different about the arrows this year.

Anyways, anyone else interested in the online league thing. Maybe we can test it out then get a proper active league going

True Gooner

Established Member
Cheers naz/Drevak.

I've finally fixed my laptop and re-installed my saved game.....and suddenly I don't feel like playing FM. :lol:

Does the online game require a subscription fee?

True Gooner

Established Member
The quality of my regens has seriously improved compared to the last version of FM. I've got a striker who could go on to be as good as Ade and a LB who could be better than Clichy!

nazo

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Cheers naz/Drevak.

I've finally fixed my laptop and re-installed my saved game.....and suddenly I don't feel like playing FM. :lol:

Does the online game require a subscription fee?

No, i'm talking about the network feature with the game already.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Season 4, making a few changes to the squad. Eboue (Man city), Gallas (free) and Barazite are all gone, with Denilson/Bendtner the previous year. DJ is my #3 DC, Santon brought to the 1st team as a DR (or MR/AMR) sub, and looking to sell Giovinco since his he "dislikes RVP". Tempted to bring in a 3rd keeper and get shot of Almunia. And a whole load of U18s/reserves whose contracts where gone. So i just went and poached a load of U18 players (all english) to my team. The future looks good.

So whose coming in? Well, Quaresma is to play either wing with Theo/Nasri. And maybe another winger to replace the aging Rosicky.

In other news, some sad ones actually. Arsenal Legends Robert Pires and Patrick Viera both retired from Professional football altogether (really wanted both as coaches :sad:), was hoping id be able to get Thierry back onboard as a coach when he retires (granted hes only 33 going 34) but he;s "definatley not remaining in football", so my ex-pro's coach list wont exist. But things looked up when Sir Alex Ferguson FINALLY retired from Man Utd, replaced by Frank Rijkaard, Wenger took the vacant France job, i was offered the England one (turned it down... for now).

And against the form of everyone else's game, Man City ended the year in 10th, Sp**s in 7th (as any "top 5" club does) and Chelsea 6th. Spookily, Villa took the 4th Spot over Newcastle in 5th (realism huh :shock: ).

True Gooner

Established Member
I've shipped out RvP (he's been truly awful) and bringing in Marquinhos who my scouts cannot get enough of.

I've also signed Camacho who looks a real talent.

btw whatever happened to outlaw's suggestion?

Rocafella

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Cool, I'm in.

btw what's the difference between Fifa manager and football manager? Is Fifa manager any good?

Stay away from it. Bug ridden mess. One example is that you would play out a game and then the final score would be registered as something completely different.

nazo

Established Member
ya fifa manager is a mess, i've tried it for 10 minutes and deleted straight after.

i guess noone else wants to join us in the league true gooner. maybe once we get going others will join, so let's give it a try first and see if it works. you wanna try it tomorrow?

Rocafella

Established Member
Would you not be better off waiting for the 3rd patch? which is due pretty soon. Will definately be before the end of the month.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I have just bought football manager 09...

I heard some comments about needing a Steam account, and that it can screw up your computer.

Anyone know about this?

DREVAK

Established Member
If it's the same as previous patches then yes, to use the transfer updates you have to start a new game and select the appropriate database. Bug fixes and the like should work even on your old save.

Unforgiven

Established Member
ah alright.

By the way before a game how do you change your formation?

I have been playing a 4-4-2 for half of the season.

DREVAK

Established Member
Just move the players on the tactics screen. The shirts on the pitch you know. Drag and drop. Or use a predefined formation from a dropdown menu somewhere. Personally in 2009 I have found myself using the 4–4–2 most of the time. I really didn't have many players to make something different work and after some fiddling with individual instructions and leaving one of the central midfielders in a very defensive role it worked well enough.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I will usually stick with the 4-4-2 through the season but when my wingers get injured/totally knackered I sometime want to play a 4-5-1, something like that.

When I try and move the players on the match screen I end up clicking on their profile. Next time I play I will try again and look for the drop down bar, thanks for the info by the way.

DREVAK

Established Member
Hmm, maybe you only click on the shirts instead of dragging them? It has been a while since I last played the game, as I kind of lost interest once again after a while.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom