• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

Anzac

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
ah alright.

By the way before a game how do you change your formation?

I have been playing a 4-4-2 for half of the season.

Use the preformat positions in the drop down menu on the right, or
hold down the left mouse button on the player in the formations screen, and drag to the new location. Use the same action with the right mouse button to set up any arrows - bearing in mind these are much more restricted in this version than previous games. Don't forget to change the team & player instructions as befits the new position & role.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I play 4-1-3-2 and defensively works superb. In my first 8EPL game plus 1 CL game, community shield I didn't concede any and won all. lol

Croatia just offered me a job and I accepted(Didn't want to quit my Singapore team though after leading them to their first Asian Cup). Then I realised theres only one more game to go and I am 1 point behind the 2nd place Swiss for Euro Qualification. :( Thankfully I won Bosnia 6-1 and Swiss loss to Finland 3-4. (3 Finland goals came in 80+ mins).

True Gooner

Established Member
I've been playing a pure 4-4-2, works a treat but it's intially hard to establish a decent structure.

Use target man/target man supply - makes a world of difference.

And hang on to Vela, whatever you do.

btw Clrnc, in your 4-1-3-2, how do you set it out? Are your 3 midfielders narrow, or do you spread them across?

Anzac

Established Member
I hardly ever use 442 and hardly use a DMC but it depends upon the squad I inherit etc.

I also like to put players in the opposition half so I tend to play 433 variants. Currently I'm experimenting with a 4231, 3412, 3232 & 3223.

entropy13

Established Member
I usually play 4-1-3-2 (DM, Wingers/M C for midfield), or 4-1-2-1-2 (DM, wingers, AMC). I very rarely play with ONE forward/striker upfront.

Sometimes, for example when I was Italy manager, I played with 2 DMs (De Rossi and Pirlo), but that really depends on what players you have available.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I had a really good Arsenal team and this is only part of my team. And I signed back Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, Henry to put in my reserves :p

This tactic works for all my teams including the 3 national team I managed as well (Singapore, France, Croatia)

fm-1.jpg

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Those are the tactics I use Clrnc, except I often move one of the strikers to AMC or move the DM upto Cm.

I may have already given this tip out on here already but Barcelona release Bojan at the end of the first season (at least they did before the most recent update). As long as you don't bid for him or anything don't even scout him, they release him on July1st 2009. Snap him up (you'll have to offfer decent wages as there will be about 50 clubs after him) as he is class, and the fans will love you for it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No, I bought 2 players for backup as full back. Marcelo and Opare, Opare is fantastic he is going to be better than Sagna.

Anyway my backup side is

--------Fehin(Regen)----------
Opare Zapata Chiellini Marcelo
---------Veloso---------------
----------Hamsik--------------
Marquinhos-------------Walcott
-------Bojan----Balotelli-----

And I still have players like Ramsey Vela AlexisSanchez Marin etc

GaelForce22

Established Member
Finally got this game (nicely coinciding with a four day weekend too)!

Starting off with Arsenal and I've sold Alex Song to make way for Miguel Veloso and Mahamadou Diarra. First five games had 3 wins and 2 losses but this season's just going to be for seeing which formations/players work and helping me get my managers head screwed back on.

Unforgiven

Established Member
For me when I play Walcott he is so good compared to any of my wingers. I score so many goals from Ade heading crosses from Walcott.

True Gooner

Established Member
My squad at the moment (haven't been playing much)

Lloris
Sagna-Toure-Richards-Clichy
Srna-Fabregas-Palombo-Nasri
Vela-Adebayor

Back up -
Asenjo
Santon-Sakho-Djourou/Gallas-Traore
Wilshere/Walcott-Camacho-Denilson/Ramsey-Merida/Fleck/Rosicky
Balotelli-Marqunihos/Bendtner

Vela is ridiculously good for me, 23 goals, 12 assists in 25 games. Train him (and Maruqinhos/Balotteli) to run around the keeper and watch the goals flow.

A_Gooner_Matata said:
What's 2009 like? I've tried to get into FM a few times, but Arsenal never play like Arsenal play, so I just get over it.

Fairly similar to 08 but with 3D which, tbh, is not all that its been hyped up to be.

Unforgiven

Established Member
How can you work on the players training?

For example if I wanted say Ade to work on his finishing more than anything else how do I go about doing it?

DREVAK

Established Member
You create a training schedule that focuses on finishing and assign him to it. Check out the training screens to find out which attributes fall into the various training categories. However just how much a player like Adebayor could improve I don't know. I would say that ingame he is pretty much the finished article with little room for improvement.

Anzac

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Vela is ridiculously good for me, 23 goals, 12 assists in 25 games. Train him (and Maruqinhos/Balotteli) to run around the keeper and watch the goals flow.

would that be a player preferred move?
I thought you had to learn those from a mentor?

DREVAK

Established Member
Nope, I believe both options are possible in 09. You can either ask the player to learn a preferred move and he might or might not agree, or partner him with a tutor that hopefully has the preferred move you want, no negative moves and has got better mental stats. I have had a few times when I didn't check properly and sure enough, a youngster did get 'shoots with power', but also 'argues with the referee', 'swears in public', 'doesn't like animals'... you get the idea. Also his determination went down to the tutor's level. Not good at all, so I welcomed the new way of getting preferred moves.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Adebayor has amazing fitness in the game, I have played him in every single game this season and his condition seems to stay 90%+ for the start of each game.

Is it me or does Nasri have really poor stamina?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom