• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

DREVAK

Established Member
Started to download it in the morning and I will try it later today or tomorrow. All the changelogs and developers' diaries and previews seem to suggest the opposite, but one thing I really want from the game is a major step forward.

Something PES has not done, for example. The new PES is a good game, better than its predecessor, a solid title when compared to the good games that were six and five... but in the end it's just a polished PES 2008, something 2008 should have been from the beginning.

And while the last FM was not broken, I want the game to develop. I do not mind the same thing with a cosmetic change here and a minor tweak there. It's fun. But I would like the fun to get even better with every installment.

Oh well, rant over, no matter what, I'm going to play it, spend four hours deciding which lower league club to pick and lead to glory, only to get back to Ipswich for reasons I still can't fathom.

nazo

Established Member
Same old fm really. The 3D view isn't even that good. I'll be sticking to the 2D view if i play the game.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Il try DL'ing it when i get home from work. Which is the one everyones going for ? Vanilla or Strawberry, and which is best to get. Bare in mind that ive not touched a CM/FM game since 2001/02 !!! So id like to have the best idea for what the final game will be like.

entropy13

Established Member
Vanilla is the bare minimum (English and Scottish leagues only). Strawberry has at least 12 nations and their respective leagues.

ArsenalwithoutVieira

sold eboue and bendtner both to Man City for 18m. Bought Arshavin, Yaya Toure, Enyeama, Podolski for 44m total. Man City have bought 6 players for 63m!

entropy13

Established Member
I won't be selling any Arsenal players for my first try at the demo, but I got Mosquera on loan, and I have pending bids for Rolfes and Witsel.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
this game really screws up your time. last semester i spent maybe at least 5 hours a day playing this crap when i should actually be studying. even missed class because of this. not gonna buy it this time around. :D

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Got the Vanilla flavour (smaller Download) and what strikes me is the realism..

Nasri gets 5 month injury in his debut game, so i buy Arshavin, and hes crocked in the very next match. But its ok because Eboue and Walcott are fit.... errr not anymore so im wingerless and relying on Young Wilshere (2 fine games with some assists and goals to his name). Ade is missing everychance he can get, until some Stoke defender puts him out for 3 weeks, now RVP is injured on international duty (naturarlly) and Clichy, my 1 good player left, gets a thigh strain.

As i said, the realism astounds me.

entropy13

Established Member
Just really unfortunate there Stu. The injuries I have are the injuries that are already in place at the start of the season.

DREVAK

Established Member
Perhaps not entirely unfortunate, a lot of people have been reporting massive amounts of serious injuries over at the SI Games forums. It just could be one of the many bugs in the demo. Hopefully the developers react to the players' feedback and fix everything and then some in the final version. Wishful thinking, huh.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
It is alot of injuries, as i said before, ive not bought the game since 01/02, so obviously a *few* things have changed, and i wasnt particually lucky in the injuries back then. But this is just insane, even by Arsenals standards.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I tried installing and it tells me to insert a cd. WTF?

invisibleman18

Established Member
Yeah I've been reading on forums that everyone is having the same trouble with long term injuries in every match. Seems to be a massive bug in the game. Also, Fabregas seems to start the game with a 2 month injury layoff which is bizarre since that was not the case in real life.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I took Arsenal and signed Aguero, Arshavin, Toulalan, Lautauro Acosta, Marcelo, Anyukov, Busquets, Raul Garcia.

Sold Eboue, Almunia, Toure(8m + Higuain :) )

And then Busquets and Raul Garcia is complaining after I signed Toulalan after them. wtf

entropy13

Established Member
I might make a new start with Arsenal again, this time I'll be selling players. In my first try I kept the players and added some.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Ok, so my injury problems are kind of behind me, only Eduardo is out (fortnight left), only bought Arshavin & Yaya Toure and sitting pretty top of the league. Only serious test ive had is from Liverpool, who i stuffed 5-0 (Ade x2, RVP x2 & Arshavin). Bad news was Y.Toure is out (2 months).

Ive also looked at the SI forums, and its clear everyone is suffering from too many injuries for too long times. Whilst these happen from time to time, i dont recall a single injury less then 1 month. This really needs to be sorted out ASAP and I wont think of buying till its sorted (and that pains me to say, cos I really wanted to buy it)

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
Downloaded the Demo yesterday, the first bit of business was to sell Gallas to some French team, for about 8 million.

Decided to go with a 4-3-3 formation, seeing as all my midfielders seem to be injured at the start of the game, and Pat Rice was getting on my case about my midfield not being strong enough.

Tried to buy Alonso, but couldnt get him, so i bought Miguel Veloso (10 million), Arteta (14 million), and decided to bring Patrick Vieira (6 million) home for some experienced back up. Couldnt get a decent centre back though.

So i'm playing this team atm.

----------Fabianski----------

Sagna--Toure--Djourou--Clichy

--Fabregas--Veloso--Arteta--

Van Persie--Adebayor--Walcott

Subs/Reserves/Injured:

Vela
Ramsey
Vieira
Wilshere
Silvestre
Almunia
Denilson
Nasri (not rated very high at the start :( )
Diaby
Song
Eboue
Bendnter
Eduardo
Rosicky

Drew my first couple of games one against Spuds(without the injured Fabregas, Denilson, Van Persie, Adebayor, Diaby and before any new signings!), before going on a 7 game winning streak before losing to two late goals in a Champions League group match. Arteta has scored 5 in 5 games so far, and Cesc has scored 6 in 7 games, Walcott is scoring alot aswell. So doing quite well, but the constant injuries i'm picking up every game, is starting to piss me off, Adebayor is going to be out for a month now, and Van Persie is just coming back, whilst Vela keeps going off on International duty.

Edit:

Vieira just did his ligaments, out for 5 months. :cry:

Can you continue you demo saved games on the full version?

Latest posts

Top Bottom