• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Yes you can continue.

I restarted a new game, my 2nd try and bought even better players.

Frey(Must buy), Aguero, Arshavin, Giovinco(great player), Benzema(poor), Marcelo, Maicon, Senna (MUST BUY), Veloso, Busqeuts, Toulalan, Cecares, Juanito(POOR), Acosta.

Sold Toure (9m+Higuain), Gallas (11m + Nesta), Eboue (20m to mancity LOL), Almunia (5m to roma).

Top of the table, conceded only 1 goal in the league. won my first league cup game against west brom, 2nd in CL group, won against Vit Guitores 4-0 and then lose to Roma away 2-0

entropy13

Established Member
I got a 2nd try now as well.

I sold Toure for 9m + Higuain + M. Torres+ 25% of next profit. ;)

Bought Javi Garcia and Naldo too. It's still July 26 so I still have time.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Sold Touré (9m+Higuain), Gallas (11m + Nesta), Eboue (20m to mancity LOL), Almunia (5m to roma).

Tell me, did they make the approach, or did you place him on the transfer list?? Hes not very good for me, worse then he was last season for the real team!!!

Finally got Rosicky back, who seemed a decent player till he limped off against S.Moscow, out for another 2 months. AAGGHHHH!!

Even if i can buy the game a start of from this save, i doubt i would. Everyones injury record makes for a long read!!! This is a nice leaning curve and a good way to get to grips with the game. Im really liking the demo, bugs & injuries aside, and the 3d players really looks great, even better when Theo does one of those mazy runs past half the opposition!!! :mrgreen:

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
When i got Rosicky back, i made him available for the reserves to get his fitness back, he ended up getting injured in the first 20 minutes of his first match back and is now out for another 5 months.

This game must be realistic, lol.

The injurys on this demo are bit over the top though, i seem to get at least two players injured every match.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

LOL my rosicky was injured in LIGHT TRAINING after he was coming back. If only this game can sell injured players...

Stu, I put Eboue in the transfer list and Mancity, Tottenham came with 14m offers which I negotiate both to 20, and then sold to Mancity

He is performing damn well for Mancity though, maybe in my 3rd try I will try to keep him

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Clrnc, he was utter cack for my team. Left him in my subs list as i needed cover for Theo & Arshavin when Rosicky & Nasri were visiting Colin Lewin's table. So bad in fact, i had Wilshere playing continuous games > him. And im not exactly on the Eboue hating side either, but not in my team.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Hi, Yes it came out yesterday. However, There were hundreds of thousands who couldnt use the game because of a problem registering the game online. Apparently the SI servers were overloaded. I was one of them. :(

nazo

Established Member
You could probably get it working during the next few days.
From what i've seen: it's the same as fm2008 with some minor minor changes. The new press release thing is a nice addition, the 3d match is dumb (i'll be turning it off), and the transfer system is slightly better. Everything else is the same.

Anzac

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Yes a patch fixed that (i think)

cool - a guy at work has got it but couldn't register - he's going to give me a run down on Monday.

I've recently stopped smoking so this may have to be my reward........

entropy13

Established Member
Through the wink wink Clrnc. :p

Use Google or Yahoo! Search. ;)

It's August now in my game, will be playing the first leg of the CL 3rd round.

Bought Leo (D C), Mbia (D C\DM\M C), Frey (GK), Jerome Boateng (D\WB RL) and a couple of Brazilian youngsters, an American (Shea), and hopefully some English youngsters too.

Almunia's on loan at Fiorentina for a 900k fee and an agreed price of 4.5m to buy.

I'm still negotiating Toure's transfer to Real Madrid. It seems it's either Higuain or Gago and not both though.

gunnerGH

Established Member
You are a legend at this game Entropy...

Can anyone tell me what this Steam thing is? Also, do I use this to update my game? Im still getting the injury problems

entropy13

Established Member
OK, I decided to keep Toure, won 3-1 against Vit. Guimaraes in the first leg, but the first league game was awful, a 0-0 away to Blackburn. Won 1-0 against Tottenham though, and the second leg of the CL qualifiers is about to begin.

I bought Victor Moses (AM RLC, FC), Henri Saivet (AM RL, FC), Rafael Forster (D LC) and Alexis Sanchez (AM RL, FC) in addition to those I've already mentioned.

Captain

Established Member
Played one full season, keeping the team mostly as is with just the addition of Veloso.

Finished third in the league (two points of the top), lost in the CL semi-finals on away goals to Barca and beat Chelsea in the FA cup final.

Looks like the two top defensive midfielders to sign are veloso or palombo.

Probably have to add something on the wings for this coming season but not sure who to go with; there's alot of young attacking talent but nobody is really jumping out at me. Probably go for a new keeper too.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I feel like commiting social ****, so Im probably going to buy the game now, wanted to wait to see if they fixed the Demo issues (e.g injuries) before spending the money on it. Someone said they're fixed?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Shouldn't sign Arshavin for this game, his lack of Stamina is irritating

Latest posts

Top Bottom