• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

True Gooner

Established Member
Urrgh..I really want to get the game up and running, but I have too many commitments and I cant afford to waste my days.

Captain

Established Member
Gooner_Stu said:
I feel like commiting social ****, so Im probably going to buy the game now, wanted to wait to see if they fixed the Demo issues (e.g injuries) before spending the money on it. Someone said they're fixed?

Not nearly as bad as the demo although the odd one still pops up; I had Vela out for five months because of a chest injury from weight training. :|

kamikaze80

Established Member
did the game tell you who was (not) spotting him, so you can fine them? i'd bet anything it was diaby, denilson or song...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i spent half an hour trying to install with the stupid steam and just realised the 2nd option installed the game immediately. **** it

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Right, its in the post. Granted ive heard of-so-sweet reviews of the installing process :bash , ive found it for £26 and figure its worth a punt. Still, ive only got CM01/02 to play manager with and thats a couple years out of date now. Nows the question... who to take charge of..

DREVAK

Established Member
Hah! The hardest question of them all, Gooner_Stu. I installed the game yesterday and actually started a game with my beloved Ipswich. Well, not beloved but I've played them for the past two or three installments in the FM series. But something kept telling me to change the team. To pick another one. To be bold and venture beyond the boundaries of East Anglia. But where? The mysterious inner voice had no answer to that.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I always used to play Stoke, when they was (the then) Division 2, who were an ok team in an ok position. Usually i play Arsenal to start with, or another good team to get used to the game and see which players look good.

Any reports of a Tó Madeira type of super player yet?

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Ok, the game installed nice and easy (and on Steam),

Started as the Gunners. Added Veloso to the team, and got Belleti cheap for cover for an number of position, Also some younglings (Henri Saivet and someone else) and Asenjo as a replacement for Almunia in the coming seasons.

Hadnt sold anyone, but thinking of putting Eboue on the list, just to recoupe some cash for those transfers...

And havent actually started the season yet, but soon will!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How do you install it on steam?

Theres a couple of errors in the game. The exchange player feature always fails

Anzac

Established Member
Going to get my copy of this next week after payday. My laptop is only new this year so hopefully I can run the 3D graphics.

Going to play as AFC - play 4321 / 4231. Depending on how the stats stack up (and fees) I'm thinking along the lines of signing the likes of Zapater / Mertesacker; Frey; Veloso / Inler; Farfan.

entropy13

Established Member
Zapater? He's a DM. Perhaps you mean Zapata (from Udinese)? But he starts the game injured, Mertesacker as well.

You can get Frey, Veloso/Inler but they'll be very expensive. Frey would be around 23m and Veloso/Inler would be around 16m-18m, using monthly installments and other clauses for the majority of the fee (since you'll only get 41m max with Arsenal). If you choose to pay upfront then you'll barely have anything to buy for a winger, a D C and a couple of youngsters.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I got Frey for 20m. Veloso for 12m.

Sell Eboue 22m, Toure 26m (or 12m + Higuain), Almunia for 5m and you can get Aguero for 43m or De Rossi for 40m.

Does anybody knows how to go on holiday? my feature fails

entropy13

Established Member
You got them for lower prices because you paid upfront. The only out I had are loans. I sent Almunia on loan to Man City and I sent a youngster who failed getting a permit to Salamanca. Thus I relied on monthly installments, and ultimately I had to offer a bit higher price.

Qualified for the CL group stages now after a 5-1 agg win over FC Twente. Grouped with Juventus, Bayern and Brann.

Currently top of the league, having won 1-0 against Stoke in the first game of the season and 3-1 against West Ham, both away. Next fixtures are home games against Newcastle and Middlesbrough.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Veloso was around £11.5mil, £7mil upfront and the rest over time. Drew Ath. Madrid for the Champs league qualifiers. Oh great. Still lacking decent right winger for Walcott (and cheap but good suggestions?), but im fairly happy. Figured il hold onto Gallas and Toure for this season atleast, maybe R.Madrid will raise the £20million they keep throughing my way.

And how the hell do you sell Eboue for £22mil, i got shot of him in the demo, but his value is only £5mil and its only Lyon making offers (Loans with to buy clauses)

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Clrnc said:
How do you install it on steam?

Theres a couple of errors in the game. The exchange player feature always fails

Sorry, i meant i installed it and then registered it on Steam.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Man City bought him for 22m. I had him transfer listed for 20m and offer to clubs at the last week of the transfer window and Mancity came in with that great offer.

Giovinco is really fantastic, especially when I get him for 7m. He kept tearing teams apart

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Finished my first season as league and League Cup champs, lsot FA cup finale and out in quarter finals in CL, only lsot one game i nthe league but it was to the yids

My purchases

Palombo 20meuros
Veloso 15m euros
Moutinho 12m euros
Cardozo 9m euros
Fazio 10m euros

I play a straight 4-3-3 with the middle Cm being a DM. the other two Veloso/Fab having some abit of offensive freedom

Cardozo kept Adebayour out of the starting X1 for more then half of the season. RVP played and scored the most, Cardozo scored about 35 all comps, Ade picked it up towards the end, Theo, Vela and Nasri scored about 25 amongs themselves, Fazio played more then Gallas and played isntead of Palombo aswell, Veloso coverd Clichy

Eboue acctually did a great job when he played, he played some at CM

Eduardo and Rosicky never got into the team so I sold them the following summer, brought in Axel Witsel wonderkid from Standard Liege and bought a new goalie Carizo from Lazio, may do another purchase, real are after wlacott and I may sell if the pay 50m+

Sagna and Palombo were ace my first season

Top Bottom