• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

entropy13

Established Member
Weird. You didn't need to buy Cardozo in the first place anyway. In my game Adebayor already has 6 goals and 6 assists in 4 games while RVP had 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games already so no need to add to the attack. You should've bought a different player (a natural fullback) instead of Veloso if he'll just be back up for Clichy.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
How do Veloso cover Clichy when they are totally different players?

Eduardo in my game is fantastic. The first game he was back I dropped Aguero for him and he scored 4 goals against Mancity. As prolific as real life. Rosicky was injured 10 mins after his first game so he is now out for the rest of the season.

I am top in league, got through CL group stage top in a group featuring Porto, Juve and Fernerbahce and I didn't concede any at all in 6 matches. Frey had smashed alot of clean sheet and minutes record.

Just realise theres a editor. Might be fiddling with it soon

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Denilson is crying he cant get a game under me, not exactly my fault Veloso and Fabregas are a better pairing and playing brilliantly.

Top of the league, Rosicky and Eduardo are finally back in the team, abeit low fitness for now.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Veloso is easily trained as a LB, he mainly plays CM, he is a starter but I rather stick Moutinho or eboue in CM then play Silvestre

Ade was ****e for me until the last months, didn't score like I wanted him at the beginning of the season when he played in the middle and Cardozo took the Left striekr position

entropy13

Established Member
Forgot to mention that I actually restarted my Arsenal game because I've loaded too many active leagues and too many additional nations. Here's my current Arsenal squad, last week of August 2008:

GK: FREY Sebastien

DL: CLICHY Gael
DC: TOURÉ Kolo
DC: GALLAS William
DR: SAGNA Backary

ML: NASRI Samir
MC: VIDAL Arturo
MC: FABREGAS Francesc
MR: WALCOTT Theo

ST: ADEBAYOR Emmanuel
ST: VAN PERSIE Robin

S1: FABIANSKI Lukasz
S2: BOATENG Jerome
S3: SILVESTRE Mikael
S4: DENILSON
S5: RAKITIC Ivan
S6: VELA Carlos
S7: BENDTNER Nicklas

Other players in the first team:
MANNONE Vito
LEO
DJOUROU Johann
SONG Alexandre
DIABY Abou (injured)
ROSICKY Tomas (injured)
EDUARDO (injured)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
the game is great as usual and all but I really can't get into it liked I used to with the old ones. maybe I have overdosed

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Highlights so far, smashing the Spuds 5-0 at the Emirates, Ade (who else) with 4 of them. Followed that up with a 2-4 with against West Ham. Now in the January window, and should be looking to get a Right midfielder with the £13mil to spend, who can ease the burnden on Theo, any suggestions?

Can i just asked, has anyone had Diaby fit for any good period of time? He's transfer fodder come the summer (cant sell him injured!) Hes worse then Rosicky!!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Get Giovinco for 7m. He can play as right winger as well

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Cheers mate, spent a bit over £9mil to secure Giovinco, but thats more midfield options to think about now, although the fans were divided on their thought on signing him. Think its worth getting him on an AMR training setup though? Im new to the recent series, so im not sure how much of a good idea it is.

Word on good 'ole Ade though, the guy is so on fire right now, Played 18(1) in the league, scored 21. Must have scored 10 in the last 4, and leaving RVP (6) and Cesc (7) behind in the league. Annoying he didnt score at all in the group stages of the Champions league though, oh well.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My cesc don't score, I put him in central mid and he don't scores much.

I trained Giovinco for AMR and it took a little more than 2 weeks for him to be AMRLC :)

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I got Cesc playing on his own set up, middle of the park no Farrows or Barrows (thats the terms right?) giving him Max Creative freedom and Passing is mixed. Most of his 7 seem to be from long shots. But i dont think ive set him to shoot at range constantly. The Transfer window is finally over. Every single day was a Clichey/Theo bid of £25mil from the usual teams. "Hands off" warns dont seem to register :(

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
good pointers on Cesc, do you guys set him as playmaker? or tell him to look for the killer pass?

I haven't talked to any of my guys

entropy13

Established Member
Haven't played Cesc yet since he's still lacking match fitness after the injury they gave him at the start of the season.

Anzac

Established Member
Have just got the game & have loaded it up - hopefully not too many leagues etc - just stuck with the main ones. Going to play as AFC - Cesc, Diaby, Eduardo, Rosicky all injured. Have set up my training schedules & search filters.

Now to sort out my formation etc...........

DREVAK

Established Member
I have a confession to make. I have fallen under the dread influence of the latest installment in the Football Manager series. Again. And I'm playing as Ipswich. Again. Also I'm pretty high in the table going into January and expect a first season promotion. Again, if I may say so myself, ha!

I like it. I believe a page or two or three back I said I wouldn't mind a bit of a revolution. That the game is going to be roughly the same with no major improvements. Which is not a bad thing, but a step forward can be good. See the FIFA series and how successfuly it has evolved for a good example.

But as I said, I do like it. A brand new Football Manager would be awesome, but another Football Manager isn't half bad either. I dislike some of the changes such as getting rid of the arrows, or that proper use of some of the new features is questionable at best, such as the assistant's feedback.

However it still has got the magic feeling. When you beat Premier League opposition such as Hull (heh) in one of the cups. When you completely destroy Cardiff, with both Danny Haynes and Pablo Counago getting hattricks. Or when you sign Bobo Balde or Freddie Ljungberg and they still rule!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I have a 29 game unbeaten run ended by stoke who was winless all season in 20th and I was top of the table leading by 11 points. LOL

Just won the league cup. 4-0 win over Liverpool

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
there is a glitch in the game for some reason I lsot again to the yids): and I was cocky as hell before

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
YeahBee said:
there is a glitch in the game for some reason I lsot again to the yids): and I was cocky as hell before

Really? ive played them 5 times this season, (2x league, 2x League Cup & FA Cup) won 1-3 (WHL) & 5-0 in the league, 1-1 & 1-0 in the carling cup & 4-2 in the FA. Ades put around 8 past them, with 2 hatricks in the process. Needless to say the 5-0 replay was saved lol and 'Arry Redkanpp doesnt have a very nice opinion of me.

Can someone enlighten me on prising the team, ive been accused of not giving the players enough credit. Does this mean i need to do it via the player interaction options, or in the press confrences ? (which i always do the later postmatch & prematch)

Oh and this still has that annoyin "champ manager syndrome" when i have 20 shots on goal, scoring none and then conceeding the only shot the opponent has in the 88th minute. GGRRRRR :evil:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The players still have no motivation playing for me despite 13points ahead of 2nd in the league, won the league cup, won 3-1 away at Roma in CL knockout, in the 5th round of FA CUP.

Tell me why. And I don't have any problems against Spuds as well. My main rival I can't get pass is Manure although I manage to luckily beat them 3-2 at OT.

Top Bottom