• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2009- Demo is out!

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I have a theory on players lacking motivation for you (and me also), is it because the player is effictivly a new comer to the team/management world. Imagine How Arsenal players would react is some Division 3 manager suddenly became manager, hardly confidence inspiring. I think its something that is made after making a reputation and might take a season or 2 to achieve. Ofc i might be completely wrong.

Oh, the jokes dont stop in my game, i forgot about this but the FIFA world player of the year went to Crynaldo, but stranger still, was the runner Up. Park Ji-Sung of Man U. Where did that come from?!!?

True Gooner

Established Member
wtf is the steam feature - tried (and failed!) to install it using a (the?) steam, only to realise that the second option is the standard installation method.

invisibleman18

Established Member
How do you do pre and post match press conferences? Do they come automatically or do you need to select something to do them?

Only just started the game so I'm still in pre-season at the moment, hence still learning the new features.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Have a tip for you guys. Try to sign Hamsik, Marin. 2 of the best players in the game

entropy13

Established Member
@invisible: There will be messages in your inbox prompting you to attend the press conferences. It's from i.e. "the Arsenal Press Officer"

True Gooner

Established Member
Soo..who is the best DM and GK in the game?

Not talking about the obvious/more expensive ones here.

Having played a 4-2-3-1 all my life (to perfection I might add), I really want to experiment with a 4-4-2 but I can never quite find the balance. Any tips?

entropy13

Established Member
I don't use a 4-4-2 much as well, but it'll take lots of injuries before I play with just 1 upfront. It's either 2 or 3 for me, and I almost always have a DM.

Best DM and GK in the game...but not talking about the obvious/expensive ones? Well you can get Veloso cheaply enough so he'll count (Palombo and Inler are much more expensive than him), but he's obvious enough. In GK options you can say Frey, although he may count as obvious/expensive. You can try Fiorillo from Sampdoria (he's young though). Most of the German keepers are good, same as the French ones. All of them are quite "obvious" though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Veloso and Frey is good addition is you are taking arsenal

oh and entropy, i bought fiorillo as well lol. i had my scout searching everywhere for players and got 2 14 years old from brazil but the transfer will only go through on 2012 wtf

entropy13

Established Member
I've loaded all players from Brazil, so I've signed lots (5 I think) of them. Some will be joining in the future (like Oscar from Sao Paolo) or have already joined (Leo from Gremio).

outlaw_member

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Veloso and Frey is good addition is you are taking arsenal

oh and entropy, i bought fiorillo as well lol. i had my scout searching everywhere for players and got 2 14 years old from brazil but the transfer will only go through on 2012 wtf

:lol:
I bought Frey, Veloso and Arshavin. Sold only Almunia.

With the editor I also added Ivan Gazidis to the staff.

You can't sign Brazilians under 18.

By the way it's the first time I have managed Arsenal in the Football Manager series. I just couldn't do it with them in the past, because it just seems so weird buying and selling players who would never sign for Arsenal. I also find it hard to sell players like Song and Denilson because Wenger hasn't. Does anyone else feel the same or I am just crazy? The only reason I did them this time round, was because they aren't that good as before.

Also they have Keown as a scout. Is he really a scout for us?

invisibleman18

Established Member
entropy13 said:
@invisible: There will be messages in your inbox prompting you to attend the press conferences. It's from i.e. "the Arsenal Press Officer"

Thanks. I get them now the season has started. They just didn't happen in pre-season. :)

invisibleman18

Established Member
True Gooner said:
Didnt you have a press conference as soon as you joined the club?

Yeah I did have one right at the start but then there weren't any for my pre-season matches. Got confused when you guys were posting about pre-match press conferences in here and I wasn't having any, but I have them now the season has started.

nazo

Established Member
Gah am i the only one that's annoyed by the stupid 'setting up' match thing that comes up before each match. I understand that it could be because of the 3d engine but i turned that off first thing.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Got a nightmare draw in the CL qualifying round - Dynamo Kiev. Drew 0-0 at home and lost 1-0 away with an injury time goal from a corner. Thought I'd get sacked there and then tbh.:(

And the ****ing international break has just killed me. 4 players out for 2 months and another our for 1 month. Cesc has only just come back from the 2 month injury he starts the game with. Hadn't even played for me yet, just 1 reserve game to try and get fitness and he goes and gets injured for another 2 months for Spain. FFS.

DREVAK

Established Member
The Tractor Boys (oh how I hate that nickname) are on their way to promotion from the Championship! Only a few matches left and at the very least a play off place is guaranteed. Good news after a few not so great weeks from Christmas to January or February. I had a brilliant start to the season but winter was quite harsh, couldn't find a win home or away for a long time.

But all that is forgotten now in April as Ipswich find themselves second in the table, although with only points between them and the two or three teams below. Reading in first place are definitely out of the reach for anyone, I believe they have got more than a hundred points already! With the other top teams somewhere between eighty and ninety if I remember correctly.

I tried to go my usual Football Manager way, signing extremely promising youngsters and wonderkids and hoping for the best, but the transfer funds were pretty scarce and prices not cheap at all. I did get a few interesting players, just not as many as I would have liked. And I complemented them with a few veterans, too, after learning the hard way youth alone is not always enough.

I believe I already mentioned signing Balde and Ljungberg in a previous post, the former has been immense for me, the latter not so much, but was still useful. He got injured for a month immediately after his January arrival and so had only limited playing time. However it was good to have a solid winger, as I had and still have a shortage of good players in that department.

As for the youngsters the fullbacks Opare and Rapnik were good for me. They did the job in Championship but I do have my doubts about them developing fast enough to cope with the Premier League. I guess I will see soon enough. Hopefully! Other than those two I got my old FM08 buddies Torje and Tuia to strengthen the wings and centre of defense respectively, both looking good so far.

And it wouldn't be a game of Football Manager with Ipswich if I didn't mention the brilliant trio of strikers Counago and Haynes and central midfielder Garvan. Some sixty goals between the three of them and they have all been extremely important in the Championship campaign. Sadly they do not feature in my long term plans but it will be with a heavy heart when I do get rid of them.

That's it from the Ipswich front for now, Sheffield United await! Like me they haven't been beaten in their last five matches so it should be quite a match. The 43rd this season. Phew. That's only three left! Premier League here we come!

invisibleman18

Established Member
Anyone else getting too many injuries with the patch installed or is just too realistic being Arsenal?
I've made several signings but at the moment I'm having to start games with Merida, Wilshere and Djourou/Toure (depending on which one I put in defence) in midfield because there's simply noone else available! And it's only September! All I've got on the bench is the likes of Hoyte, Gibbs, Fonte etc. Randall and Lansbury are out on loan for experience but I might even have to recall them.

It's always 2 month injuries too, never a week or a few days or anything.

Signed Akinfeev which was quite fortunate as Almunia then got injured for 2 months in training, first injury I've ever had from a goalkeeper.
Van Persie got injured for 2 months in pre season then came back and I made the massive mistake of giving him a reserves game too early which put him out for another 2 months.
Cesc starts with a 2 month injury then he came back and went and played for Spain before playing for me and got injured for another 2 months. So I won't even see him until the turn of the year probably.
Nasri injured for 2 months in the 2nd or 3rd game.
Vela similarly, and Bendtner shortly after.
Signed Huntelaar at the end of the transfer window. Fortunate as all my other strikers were out right? Wrong, gone for 1 month straight after coming on as a sub for his debut.
Walcott also out for 1 month and has just come back.
It's ridiculous!

Top Bottom