• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

outlaw_member

Established Member
MADNESS, that's all I've got to say about that Clrnc. For me, it's usually been the opposite. Heading into the last 6 games of the season with Fiorentina, level on points with Inter, I had a run of games against the weakest teams in the league whilst Inter had all the big games. I ended up losing at home to Bari, drawing at home to Atalanta and losing at home to Palermo. Everything that worked for me, suddenly didn't work against the weakest of sides. Takes the ****ing piss.

DREVAK

Established Member
It's, uh, wow, it's April 2014 already and QPR are marching to Europe! Currently fourth with just six games to go. Three of those are against Arsenal, City and Everton, however. So I don't expect to stay in the top four come the end of the season. Which will be more than fine by me, even Europa League would be a much greater achievement than the predicted midtable obscurity.

The season started unbelievably well with wins coming from all directions including extremely valuable victories such as the double over Liverpool – 4:1 demolition at Anfield an especially lovely moment – and getting three points at Stamford Bridge. I hit a slight dip in form around and January, getting draws away and home alike, and while I started getting some wins now and then the form from the first half of the season is gone forever. Still, European cups seem like a certainty at this point.

And that's not all, reaching the sixth round of the FA Cup and losing to Man City in the final of the Carling Cup this season two more reasons for celebration. The previous three seasons in the top flight were decent at best, 10th place in my first season in the Premier League and a FA Cup final appearance obviously a wonderful achievement, but 12th and 11th in the second and third respectively with no cup successes were a bit disappointing. But 2014 is our year!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
outlaw_member said:
MADNESS, that's all I've got to say about that Clrnc. For me, it's usually been the opposite. Heading into the last 6 games of the season with Fiorentina, level on points with Inter, I had a run of games against the weakest teams in the league whilst Inter had all the big games. I ended up losing at home to Bari, drawing at home to Atalanta and losing at home to Palermo. Everything that worked for me, suddenly didn't work against the weakest of sides. Takes the f****g piss.
Sometimes you just love the game when it is going all your way.

To top everything off, I won the FA Cup and the UCL Final, both against Chelsea :lol: Too bad I lost out in the semis of the league cup(played youngsters like in reality), otherwise a historic quadruple!

And now, could you believe it, bringing France to the world cup final. In the whole run only lost one match which is against Brazil in the first match of group stage. Just won 3-0 in the Semis against England. Now waiting for my opponents, either Germany or Netherlands

Illusion

Established Member
Currently five games away from the end of our season.

It's a very tight Premier League this time round with just seven points separating the top six teams, of which I am one (woot!). Midtable is just as tight with seven points again separating the clubs in 7th-13th, of which my mate is one (not so woot for him!).

My team has been excellent this season, going beyond expectations and delivering some really strong results. I went on a 9 game unbeaten run in the league early on in the season which was ended by Everton, who seem to have been a bit of a bogey team to me for some reason. My next game was against Sp**s at WHL, a game my players bounced back with tremendous style as they pounded the **** 7-1. That win set me off on a 12 game unbeaten run and a new club record of 7 back to back clean sheets.

Right now I've just come out of a little slump due to my crucial DM going off to the ANC and some untimely injuries occuring at the same time.

Really don't know where I will finish this season, it looks like I've made the jump from 7th last season to at least 6th (barring a meltdown) this season which will net me European football (my initial target after finishing 7th last season and missing out on it). However, if I go on a nice winning streak and the teams around me drop points it's not completely impossible for me to win the entire league, something that would be epic. Even failing to win the league I am still in with a shot at a spot in the Champions League, something that would be most welcome given the tight finances at the club right now.

Not tried my hand at international management yet, I really want to manage a European based team but no good ones became available after the World Cup in 2010 and it looks like I'll have to wait until after the 2012 Euro's for someone to be sacked in order to take charge of a team. Both Brazil and Argentina have been available a couple of times but I've always decided against managing them, the same goes for the Ivory Coast which my friend took over for a brief period and almost took to World Cup glory.

go49oner

Established Member
Neeed help fellas, this is my first FM since 06, so I started off with Arsenal so I can get the hang of the game. Am looking for new keeper and solid defensive midfielder to play alongside Song or as back-up. tried to get parker but they asking £10mil for him, way more then am willing to pay. Any ideas. cheers.

Illusion

Established Member
I would certainly recommend downloading this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/tactics-ebooks/tactical-theorems-10/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/tactics-ebo ... eorems-10/</a>

A few others in this thread have read the same thing and I'm sure they'd agree that it's very helpful.

After that then I'd say come back with other questions as that ebook will do a better job of explaining FM things than most of us will in a short forum post.

With regard to signing players, clubs will usually ask for more than the value if they don't want to sell the player or if the player is likely to improve in the future. Use the scouting system to your advantage and try to find some more unknown players who might fit within your squad.

Anyway, you'll probably learn all you really need to know by reading that ebook.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

go49oner said:
Neeed help fellas, this is my first FM since 06, so I started off with Arsenal so I can get the hang of the game. Am looking for new keeper and solid defensive midfielder to play alongside Song or as back-up. tried to get parker but they asking £10mil for him, way more then am willing to pay. Any ideas. cheers.
Depends on how much you are willing to pay. I am with Arsenal as well and I started off trying to sign Nueuer, Adler, Lloris or Akinfeev. Neuer will reject you, the other 3 will sign for you if you bid high enough. In the region of 10m will do it. Frey is another good consideration, although the bid will be much higher

As for midfielders, go for Kacar. 4m

go49oner

Established Member
Bought Akinfeev for £11mil, all the scouts I sent to see him gave me rave reviews. Cheers mate!

Gonna have look at Kascar.

5 hours in and still haven't started the season. :shock:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I didnt start the season until 1 day either. Took a long time exploring all players and doing all the transfers. I always wanted a perfect squad before I start so I didn't press continue often at the start

True Gooner

Established Member
Playing with Arsenal has become pretty dull to be honest. I'm probably going to attempt one of the Arsenal challenges that I found on another forum - would make things more interesting.

go49oner - Jack Rodwell's a star. Slightly on the expensive side but not if you pay over 48 months.

nazo

Established Member
I might give this game a try after all.

With the 3 patches out, which one is the best? I know the latest should be but with FM it's not always the case. They usually fix one thing and screw up another 10.

Illusion

Established Member
10.2 is the best one to use most definitely.

I didn't get on great with it at first after patching up mid-season, but a few adjustments to my tactics and I continued my great form, just in a different way.

go49oner

Established Member
Well that went well, 19 games in and I get the chop :lol: think I have fairly good idea what I did wrong, going to give it another bash. It is definitely lot harder then the pervious FM/CM. Arshavin mood was pissing me to no end. nothing I did seemed to improve his moral.

Illusion

Established Member
Anzac said:
I've just got this for X-Mas - any issues using Steam????

Not that I know of.

The only thing to be aware of is that it auto updates the game anytime SI release an update, whether the update is good or bad.

I certainly prefer having the option of seeing how the update effects the game before taking the plunge although generally SI have been rather good this year when it comes to keeping things working.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wth. My assistant pat rice is going to retire at the end of 2011.

And so does Hiddink, Hitzfield. :O Anyone have this problem?

By the way, just beaten Villa 7-0 away. I really love playing them

Anzac

Established Member
go49oner said:
Bought Akinfeev for £11mil, all the scouts I sent to see him gave me rave reviews. Cheers mate!

Gonna have look at Kascar.

5 hours in and still haven't started the season. :shock:

How the h*ll did you manage that - I made 3 offers with a top of 15m & was turned down flat, although Akinfeev was unhappy about it - still pre-season. I'm playing around with 433 & the squad analysis tells me I should get the likes of Rolfe & Suarez - as soon as I scout them City & CFC make bids around 20m for each.

Illusion

Established Member
Akinfeev cost me £30m in my game, I originally went for Neuer ahead of him but Neuer didn't want to come to Nottingham Forest and Akinfeev did :)

A few seasons have past since I last reported on my multiplayer game, but we're still going. I've won the Premier League three times in a row, the first time I won it I also won the FA Cup for a nice little double, the second time I won the CL for an even nicer double and the third time I won only the Club World Championship despite being in the final of every single competition that season which was quite a let down. The only trophy my mate has won so far has been the Europa League and he is looking to defend his title this coming season.

I had a brief stint managing Belgium, but couldn't get them to the World Cup with a very tough qualifying group although I made the playoffs. I resigned from Belgium ahead of the World Cup which was won by Switzerland. The manager of England was sacked and I was offered the job, which was the one international job I really wanted aside from Spain.

Now I've got my eyes set on achieving a treble, winning four or five consecutive Premier League titles and winning the European Championships in 2016 with England. That should be almost enough to topple Ferguson off the top of the hall of fame I think ;)

Top Bottom