• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

Anzac

Established Member
I'm setting up using AFC to learn the new game, and have about 8 other games ready to choose from if I ever get sorted - City (money no object), Wolves, QPR, Boro, NUFC, Celtic, Leeds, S'hampton.

Not sure if I should have a crack at a European club = never played outside the PL - was thinking about the likes of Benfica, Standard Liege.

Anzac

Established Member
Illusion said:
Akinfeev cost me £30m in my game, I originally went for Neuer ahead of him but Neuer didn't want to come to Nottingham Forest and Akinfeev did :)

A few seasons have past since I last reported on my multiplayer game, but we're still going. I've won the Premier League three times in a row, the first time I won it I also won the FA Cup for a nice little double, the second time I won the CL for an even nicer double and the third time I won only the Club World Championship despite being in the final of every single competition that season which was quite a let down. The only trophy my mate has won so far has been the Europa League and he is looking to defend his title this coming season.

I had a brief stint managing Belgium, but couldn't get them to the World Cup with a very tough qualifying group although I made the playoffs. I resigned from Belgium ahead of the World Cup which was won by Switzerland. The manager of England was sacked and I was offered the job, which was the one international job I really wanted aside from Spain.

Now I've got my eyes set on achieving a treble, winning four or five consecutive Premier League titles and winning the European Championships in 2016 with England. That should be almost enough to topple Ferguson off the top of the hall of fame I think ;)

I take it this wasn't while Forest were still in the Championship.
Wouldn't say no to managing Belgium - like their talent.

Illusion

Established Member
Anzac said:
I take it this wasn't while Forest were still in the Championship.
Wouldn't say no to managing Belgium - like their talent.

Indeed, this was after I'd had one full season in the Premier League and finished 7th, although missing out on Europe because a lower placed team won the FA Cup.

I was actually amazed to see him still at CSKA Moscow and that he was interested in coming. Most of the £30m I paid over two years as it was silly to pay it up front.

I'm a lot happier with the finances in FM2010, it's a lot more realistic.

You generally make a loss most of the season but make it up in prize money and TV revenue at the end to break even or turn a bit of a profit. Of course, this depends on your success and how you run your club. I ran Forest at the limits and took some gambles in order to achieve more in the league under the theory that success will breed success.

Anzac

Established Member
Just realised I've got Forest as one of my other option games as well.
I usually like to have a sniff at a former top club = Forest, Wolves, Leeds, & now NUFC - may even have a look at Huddersfield.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Am going belatedly acquire this soon. Do you recommend activating via steam or just keeping the disc in? I like the idea of not having to be online and connected to something while playing but wonder what those who are using it think.

DREVAK

Established Member
Oh how time flies! It's December 2017 on my game already. The previous seasons since my last post have been rather unremarkable, a Europa League spot here and there, a cup semifinal or final appearance or two, players came and went. I suspect if I went on a tiny shopping spree I might actually win some silverware but I find myself enjoying keeping the books balanced and always lurking just behind the big boys, selling players for lovely profits and so on. It's rather perverse if you ask me, hopefully I'll snap out of it and splash the cash on some sweet superstars.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
arseleague-1.jpg

Resigned as Arsenal manager in 2017 and Paddy took over (and ****ed it up for one season before getting back on track!).

CLwinners.jpg

Took over at struggling Juventus in October 2018 with them 15th in the league, having finished 14th the previous season. Got them 4th place and then did a league and CL double the next season, and of course, who did I face in the final but...

<a class="postlink" href="http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff166/pepelefrits/CLfinal.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff16 ... Lfinal.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going a goal down and then a man down and winning with a 92nd minute goal was pretty sweet :)

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Thats a ridiculously good roll of honour you have there. An Invincibles Mk II plus breaking the 100 point mark in another season is pretty good going. What sort of team did you have near the end?

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
They just won the CL again in 2021, beating my Juve side in the final. They've an ancient team now though (lineup was Lloris, Leerdam, Nordveit, Hajrovic, some dude called Sergio, Gibbs, Ramsey, Rodwell, Fabregas, Walcott, Balotelli) whereas mine is young so...

Lloris, Nordveit, Fabregas, Defour, Gourcuff and Dzeko were my key men. Although having Vermaelen, Otamendi, Song, Ramsey, Balotelli, Walcott etc helped

N!

Bought this game today.

Started out as Milan, just to get my eye in. Signed Sessegnon and Dzeko so far. Sold Gattuso, Ambrosini and Ronaldinho has gone on a loan move to citeh.

So.. anybody have any tips? Wonderkids perhaps?

DREVAK

Established Member
Check out the official forums if you want a comprehensive list of all high potential players in the game... And a whole lot of other useful info. Might take a bit of fun out of the game though.

Illusion

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Should get my hands on this tomorrow hopefully. Who needs a degree or a girlfriend anyways?

Fortunately it's quite a laid back game which you can pause or turn off at almost any point without ruining things so it does lend itself quite well to relationships in one way.

I think it goes down a lot better than playing something you can't pause or stop online without ruining things.

N!

DREVAK said:
Check out the official forums if you want a comprehensive list of all high potential players in the game... And a whole lot of other useful info. Might take a bit of fun out of the game though.

true, true.

but it's so overwhelming at first though.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Ordered it online on Friday, as it's near impossible to find in the shops here and the online price was a third cheaper anyway. Hopefully arrive in the next few days.

Just to confirm, it's better to just keep the disc in than bother with Steam right?

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Illusion said:
Fortunately it's quite a laid back game which you can pause or turn off at almost any point without ruining things so it does lend itself quite well to relationships in one way.

I think it goes down a lot better than playing something you can't pause or stop online without ruining things.

Forcing myself to press pause or save is the problem Illusion :wink:

I think I'll break away from my normal routine of managing big clubs as I have been truly inspired by some of you guys. Had a read of the FM08 thread(the last FM I played) and I think it was Drevak who managed to win the CL with Ipswich. Some other fairytale stories from this years game too so I'll look at the likes of QPR and Cardiff and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom