• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

DREVAK

Established Member
Yeah that was me, Ipswich or Cardiff or both, I forgot. It's not really that inspiring to be honest, with a decent Championship team promotion in first season isn't that hard to do and it's only a matter of time before you get rolling in the Premier League as well with the loads of cash and some decent scouting or free transfers. More difficult than managing, say, Aston Villa, but hardly the insanity of moulding an obscure Blue Square side to something great.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
invisibleman18 said:
Sounds like a good idea. Have you done this with success? If so, what programs did you use? Note I use Vista.
I use Vista too. I am using:

ISORecorder31x86.msi and VirtualCloneDrive5425 (doesn't have a persistent mount I don't think).

There might be newer/better ones, but I've no problems with either. A search for these or similar should get you on the right track.

Illusion

Established Member
I recommend DaemonTools for mounting, it will also automount on boot and supports all kinds of other little things if required.

nazo

Established Member
Daemon tools is definitely the best i've used (for mounting). As for making your own iso i think there's this one called poweriso or magiciso, i forget.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Just completed a 9-5 aggr victory over Celtic in the UCL quarters. Classic game of I will score more than you.

Something funny happened though, RVP scored a goal that was never a goal. The 3d match showed that the ball flew way over the bar and the description said he scored a wonder goal :lol:

N!

Started a game as QPR this morning. It's actually a lot more fun than playing the likes of Arsenal or Barcelona.

Jay Simpsons a beast on this game. scored something stupid like 7 goals in 5 games for me so far.

N!

Got QPR promoted via play-offs!

Which was mildly annoying considering we almost completely bottled it at the business end of the season.

Got knocked out by Spuds in the 6th round of the FA cup. Bastards.

So now i'm trying to rebuild my squad to try and compete in the Prem. Signed Hazard, Isla and Saha so far. Got bids in for Van der Wiel and Etuhu.

In dire need of attacking wingers at the moment. As i doubt Wayne "i'm a selfish ****" Routeledge is going to help me avoid relegation. So.. suggestions?

True Gooner

Established Member
How about:
Fleck from Rangers, Aquinio, Vela on loan, Wilshere on loan, Eduardo Salvio. I think Pires' contract runs out as well so you could try signing him on a free. Depends on your budget really.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Haven't had the chance to install yet due to work during the days and having football trainings each evening since it's come. I gather it might take time to setup so will get into it in the weekend.

With regards to the patches, will the latest one give me the updates from the first one too? Or will I need to download and install each of them?

Illusion

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
Haven't had the chance to install yet due to work during the days and having football trainings each evening since it's come. I gather it might take time to setup so will get into it in the weekend.

With regards to the patches, will the latest one give me the updates from the first one too? Or will I need to download and install each of them?

Pretty sure you only need to get the latest one.

Oh and when you set up a league make sure you pick a large database and load players from certain countries/leagues to try and have the most amount of players possible without making the game run terribly slowly.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Ok cool. What settings do you recommend for starting? Think I've usually done medium databases with the last couple of versions of the game without wanting to kill my laptop.

Illusion

Established Member
I run a large DB, customised to include top players from most leagues around Europe. I also select twelve additional leagues to run as view only to run alongside my playable English league and attribute masking to force the proper use of scouts.

In hindsight I'd have made my DB even larger, as it only contains 32k players, but it was rated as a 3/5 for estimated game speed, despite my fast machine with bundles of ram.

Even with all these settings and being 3/5 on the speed it still runs faster than FM2007 on a large DB with additional players added, so it's not all bad.

It's important to have the other leagues as view only, as you get to see how teams are doing around Europe and it adds a whole lot more realism.

Generally speaking, the longer you intend on playing the particular game you are creating, the better it is to include as many players as possible. If you are too restrictive with your database you will end up in 2025 with the only good players created being almost entirely English (or the nationality of your chosen league).

gunnerGH

Established Member
Illusion said:
In hindsight I'd have made my DB even larger, as it only contains 32k players, but it was rated as a 3/5 for estimated game speed, despite my fast machine with bundles of ram.

How much memory you got if you dont mind me asking?

Illusion

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Illusion said:

4GB

entropy13

Established Member
Illusion said:
gunnerGH said:
Illusion said:

4GB

We have the same amount of RAM then. Do you play in windowed mode?

Anzac

Established Member
I'm pissed - have the disc but was playing via Steam, and the latest patch has me getting parsing/xml errors & can't open the game............
have tried opening via Steam and the short-cut but to no avail, nothing on the Steam site re the error message. I've also tried to use the disc but it will not autoplay even when I right click.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to unistall & then re-install from scratch again unless anyone has any other ideas.............and any other hints.....

entrophy - how do you play in windowed mode and is there any advantage to it? I take it that it enables you to minimize the game as in any other windows programe?

entropy13

Established Member
Anzac said:
entrophy - how do you play in windowed mode and is there any advantage to it? I take it that it enables you to minimize the game as in any other windows programe?

Yes it's easier to switch programs when in windowed mode. You don't have to alt+tab your way out. That's why I can post here even when playing.

Top Bottom