• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2010

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Yep, read through the official forums and realised many people got their game yesterday and today.

I am downloading it now, although the speed is slow

gunnerGH

Established Member
Just downloaded.

Lets hope this game ends my addiction to Football manager live. wayyyyyt oo much time on that game, lol

Illusion

Established Member
I've looked at the Arsenal youth setup properly now, I can't believe how underrated they are, they've really gone overboard on the nerfing of Arsenal youth.

I wont reveal the details of how they rate these things to avoid harming the magic of the game and spoiling things for people, but suffice to say our reserve team has less potential than Man Utd's by quite a bit.

True Gooner

Established Member
Where's the fun in managing Arsenal then? I was sure we'd have the best youth in the country after we won the Youth Cup. Bollocks.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You viewed the editor?

gunnerGH, where did you download it so fast? mine is still downloading :(

DREVAK

Established Member
Illusion said:
I've looked at the Arsenal youth setup properly now, I can't believe how underrated they are, they've really gone overboard on the nerfing of Arsenal youth.

I wont reveal the details of how they rate these things to avoid harming the magic of the game and spoiling things for people, but suffice to say our reserve team has less potential than Man Utd's by quite a bit.
Just use a huge bold warning sign or something and spoil away, I'm interested.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Ill PM you Clrnc

And yes ive tried the editor, first impressions are thats its much faster.

Ill have a go late tonight adding new leagues teams players etc...

p.s. One again i see there is no J league or German national team. They really need to sort that.

DREVAK

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Ill PM you Clrnc

p.s. One again i see there is no J league or German national team. They really need to sort that.
My guess is they do want to sort that but the leagues/teams not in the game don't want to give their rights away (or not for cheap that is). However the Dutch/German national team issue was easily fixed in previous versions by deleting one file, see if the solution is the same this time.

entropy13

Established Member
DREVAK said:
gunnerGH said:
Ill PM you Clrnc

My guess is they do want to sort that but the leagues/teams not in the game don't want to give their rights away (or not for cheap that is). However the Dutch/German national team issue was easily fixed in previous versions by deleting one file, see if the solution is the same this time.

It's not that the leagues/team don't want to give their rights away, it's just that Konami have EXCLUSIVE rights over them.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But Konami don't even have a manager game, why do they need the rights?

Anybody can teach me how to download from rapidshare or make my torrents faster? It won't even go beyond 20kb/s

entropy13

Established Member
Clrnc said:

Anybody can teach me how to download from rapidshare or make my torrents faster? It won't even go beyond 20kb/s

PES. They're the only ones that can officially use the J League the the German national team in a video game.

Torrent speeds depend on the seeds (if you're lucky you can reach up to 200kbps), rapidshare is usually around 50kbps for the free ones.

DREVAK

Established Member
I swear the German national team was fake in last year's PES, and I think the Germans weren't in FM 09 either. Or were they?

entropy13

Established Member
DREVAK said:
I swear the German national team was fake in last year's PES, and I think the Germans weren't in FM 09 either. Or were they?

The German's were NOT officially in FM 09. Not sure about PES 09 though, but PES2010 certainly features Miroslav Klose, Michael Ballack and Per Mertesacker in the national team.

DREVAK

Established Member
Well that's what I was getting at, neither PES nor FM had zee Germans last year, so the case with Konami having the rights didn't apply. Maybe FIFA had them that time around?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

entropy13 said:
Clrnc said:

PES. They're the only ones that can officially use the J League the the German national team in a video game.

Torrent speeds depend on the seeds (if you're lucky you can reach up to 200kbps), rapidshare is usually around 50kbps for the free ones.
But I can't even make rapidshare work. Keep saying I have a download when I don't even download anything

nazo

Established Member
Clrc check your pm's in a bit. I'll send you better links.

I didn't buy (or download) the game and i don't think i will. I barely have time to do anything these days.

Illusion

Established Member
Alright then if you don't want to know about the way the game rates players behind the scenes then don't read on :p

The game uses a PA and CA system, PA stands for Potential Ability and CA stands for Current Ability. Both of these variables range from 1-200, with anything from 185-200 showing a world class player and say 160-185 showing a player that would certainly make it in any top league in the world in some degree.

PA represents the level the player may reach in the future, usually around the typical 'peak' years for his position, so around late 20's for most on the field players and a bit older for goalkeepers. It is not guaranteed that a player will reach this level, it depends on your training, how often you play him, how happy he is and the amount of injuries he might get.

CA represents how good the player is at that particular moment in time. CA will go up regularly throughout the season although you'll see the biggest raises over the summer break usually.

Both of these numbers are numbers out of 200, but as you know from playing the game, none of the visible player stats are displayed this way, they are all out of 20.

Each of the stats you see in game have a 'weight' associated with them, some of them are more heavily 'weighted' than others. This weighting system is where the CA comes in. The better the players stats in game, the more CA will be consumed by them and as you know already, there is only a limited amount of CA available. The weighting system adds more value to certain statistics, the physical stats are usually heavily weighted, where as the mental and technical skills aren't.

This is why Theo and other fast players such as Agbonlahor have lower technical stats than you'd expect, because their extreme Acceleration and Pace carry a higher weight in the CA system.

When it comes to youth players, SI added a randomising option for the PA system long ago. This is to try and cater for the fact that no one really knows how good a youngster will end up, no one knows whether they'll go off the wagon at 21 or turn into the next Zidane by the age of 25. It also makes people a little less sure of which super players to buy as you can't always be certain they will turn into the legends they were in your friends game that he told you about.

The random PA is dictated by a single negative number, ranging from -1 (amateur pub player) to -10 (potential world class).

Young players usually get set negative PA's based on their potential to improve. This is decided upon by the researcher for the team that player has played for over the previous season (loaned players are rated by the researcher of the club they are at loan with).

Negative PA's tell the game to randomly generate a PA when you start up a new game, at this point all negative PA's will become actual PA's and they wont change unless you start a brand new game.

Here are the ranges available in the negative PA system:

-10 = 170-200
-9 = 150-180
-8 = 130-160
-7 = 110-140
-6 = 90-120

Not going to bother to go down further as only the higher ones are really important and you can see where it's going.

Most of the wonderkids you see in the game will be -9 or -10, although not all -9's will get a good enough PA to be deemed a wonderkid. I don't know the exact PA required for this but I'd say around 170+

Based on what I said above you can see that -10 will almost certainly result in a player becoming a great player, usually world class (depending on training, injuries and whatnot).

The -9's will all become pretty good players who at worst will be able to ply their trade relatively well in the bottom half of the big leagues and at best will be very good players in the top half of the big leagues.

-8 suggests a decent Premier League level player at best or a good Championship level player at worst.

-7's and -6's are pretty much doomed to a life in the Championship, although -7's will probably make decent squad players for some Premier League teams.

Just to note, these are all my estimations based on my own opinion regarding how good someone of xx PA may turn out to be ;)

Now lets come to my gripe with FM2010.

Do not read further if you don't want to lose the 'magic' of the game and find out hidden details about players (you can of course get all of this information from the editor, but not everyone does so it's good to warn).

A quick glance at the negative PA's given to players in FM2010 shows that Arsenal have no -10's, three -9's and fourteen -8's. Man Utd have no -10's, seven -9's and twelve -8's.

So based on what I've explained roughly above, Arsenal have three youths with the potential to become 'world class' players, although it's a matter of chance since the range is 150-180. To be world class they'd really have to be 175+ so the chances aren't that high.

These three players are Ramsey, Wilshere and Nordveit.

Man Utd have seven young players who have the same -9 PA that Ramsey, Wilshere and Nordveit have.

These seven players are Rafael, Fabio, Macheda, Welbeck, Petrucci, Morrison and Ljajic.

Now I'm not that inclined to say that those players don't really deserve their -9's, although I don't really know Morrison at all and I've hardly seen Petrucci or Ljajic.

What makes me sad is that the likes of Merida is stuffed with a -8 PA which he clearly doesn't deserve and our youth team has less potential than Man Utd's, something I just cannot agree with.

Simpson, Watt, Szczesny, Sunu, Ayling and Hoyte are all pretty much destined to be Championship level players with their -7 PA's. In this system Simpson will never be as good as Welbeck or Macheda, even if those two receive the worst possible PA (150) and Simpson receives the best PA he can receive (140).

Players such as Barazite, Lansbury, Frimpong, Ozyakup, Afobe, Bartley, JET, Coquelin, Hajrovic and a few more are all -8's. Again, I don't think many of these are below the level of the Man Utd players mentioned above, but based on the -8 PA they are almost certain to never be as good as any of them.

My gripe is as much with this system as the way our players have been rated. I think they need more variable PA options that can give a player a range of say 140-170, 160-180, 170-190 or 180-200. This would give researchers the power to be a little more accurate with their judgements.

In FM2009 I think there were around 10-15 -10's in the game, in FM2010 there are 6, with Balotelli being one of them.

Anyway, I will stop writing my ultra long post now :p

If you read it, sorry, now you will get frustrated with FM faster than normal and start to see the spreadsheet behind the game. If you skipped the spoilery stuff then lucky you, continue in blissful ignorance and try to avoid ever finding these things out lest you cry at the amount of time you wasted trying to turn Coquelin into a useful player (not possible given his -6 PA, whoops).

I will still enjoy the game of course, but it's lifespan is a lot more limited for me these days.

I expect I will edit my database to bring Arsenal's reserves more into line with where they should be, although this wont really be for personal gain as my first game in FM2010 will be with a friend and I am going to be Nottingham Forest.

/end

Top Bottom