• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2011

entropy13

Established Member
FM 2011 have to wait; I'm getting the DLCs and the expansion for Dragon Age - Origins first :p

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Some of our youths are very underrated though, Ricky if he plays this game would be absolutely livid

entropy13

Established Member
There are 144 players with -9 potential ability, one of them is Jack Wilshere.

There is only 1 player with -10 potential ability, which is Aaron Ramsey.

P_Gunner

Ramsey doesn't seem that good in the game though. I play him and he barely develops, has average performances and his stats just don't look like a wonderkid's.

Wilshere on the other hand is my second top goal scorer (after RVP) and has the most assists in my team.

entropy13

Established Member
I can't say anything in the development front yet since it's just August, won 3-2 against West Brom away. Next up is at home against Fulham.

Anzac

Established Member
I've just downloaded the Vanilla Demo to have a look at, but when I chose a formation & then go to the Assistant Advice Team Report it stays with the same formation all the time.

Any suggestions?

mo50

Established Member
How do you put FM in windows mode? Google isn't helping me with the correct answer.

entropy13

Established Member
- Go to Preferences
- Select the "Display & Sound" tab
- Under Window Settings, select "Windowed" in the Display Mode drop-down menu (the other options are various resolutions supported by your monitor for the full-screen mode)

mo50

Established Member
entropy13 said:
- Go to Preferences
- Select the "Display & Sound" tab
- Under Window Settings, select "Windowed" in the Display Mode drop-down menu (the other options are various resolutions supported by your monitor for the full-screen mode)

:)

Thanks a million mate.

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Have you used the "create tactic" already?

Not as yet - was checking out the line-ups on the recommended formations. Once I'd selected a formation & then gone to the Team Report, the Team Report wouldn't change to any other formation I selected on the Tactics menu.

entropy13

Established Member
Anzac said:
entropy13 said:
Have you used the "create tactic" already?

Not as yet - was checking out the line-ups on the recommended formations. Once I'd selected a formation & then gone to the Team Report, the Team Report wouldn't change to any other formation I selected on the Tactics menu.

Because it's only the formation you've changed. Each position can be assigned different player instructions, and each type of player instruction (e.g. Complete Forward - Attack, Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support, Winger - Attack, Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support, Center Back - Defend, etc.) would essentially form the basis of the Team Report along with formation. Each of those give more importance to certain attributes; considering you only changed the formation and not the default instructions, the team report stays with the default.

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Anzac said:

Because it's only the formation you've changed. Each position can be assigned different player instructions, and each type of player instruction (e.g. Complete Forward - Attack, Deep-Lying Playmaker - Support, Winger - Attack, Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support, Center Back - Defend, etc.) would essentially form the basis of the Team Report along with formation. Each of those give more importance to certain attributes; considering you only changed the formation and not the default instructions, the team report stays with the default.

I understand that but when I change the formation on the tactics screen, the team report screen where the assistant gives his preferred lineups should reflect the new shape, but it doesn't.

entropy13

Established Member
Anzac said:
entropy13 said:
Anzac said:

I understand that but when I change the formation on the tactics screen, the team report screen where the assistant gives his preferred lineups should reflect the new shape, but it doesn't.

I repeat my question before then, have you used the "create tactic" function or have just selected a pre-set formation from the drop-down menu, or placed the players yourself in certain positions in the formation view?

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
I repeat my question before then, have you used the "create tactic" function or have just selected a pre-set formation from the drop-down menu, or placed the players yourself in certain positions in the formation view?

* The backroom advice makes a number of formation recommendations;
* I go to the Tactics screen where the default formation is 442;
* I chose select formation from the drop down tactics options & chose a pre-set formation from the data base - e.g. 433;
* I then go to the assistant advice option & select team report where the assistant gives is team selection report based upon the formation selected, along with recommendations to strengthen if applicable;
* Once I've viewed the report I return to the tactics menu & repeat the process selecting a different formation from the menu options - e.g. 451;
* When I return to the assistant advice team report, instead of the 451 the report still shows the 433 with the same selections & comments;
* The only way I can get the report to change is to exit the game & start the process again;
* I have not manually selected anything other than the formations, and make no player selections;
* I have not advanced the game as this is usually one of the first actions I take when starting the game.

entropy13

Established Member
If you have clicked the create tactic button you won't have to worry about anything. Create the various tactics already, along with your various formations.

In my case I have 4-2-2-2 (A), 4-2-2-2 (S), 4-2-4 (A), 4-1-4-1 (S) created. And then I select from those I've made and see what Pat Rice thinks about my players in those different tactics and formations.

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
If you have clicked the create tactic button you won't have to worry about anything. Create the various tactics already, along with your various formations.

In my case I have 4-2-2-2 (A), 4-2-2-2 (S), 4-2-4 (A), 4-1-4-1 (S) created. And then I select from those I've made and see what Pat Rice thinks about my players in those different tactics and formations.

I tend to use the team report in various formations to look at what the game (assistant) considers the team strengths & weaknesses & potential transfer targets before I create my tactics.

If I'm playing as AFC I usually only have 2-3 tactics at most (H = Attack & A = Standard/Control & both usually in a 433/451), however if I'm playing as a team outside the top4/lower division I'll create a tactic for every mentality setting available.

Kraig

Established Member
steven defour is a ****ing animal in the game! playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, and him and cesc/ramsey is just scary! seems to score ALOT of screamers too. already had 2 GOTM winners and its january!!!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom