• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2011

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Because I sold Almunia, Fabianski, Rosicky, Djourou, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner and loaned alot of players out (Wilshere Vela etc). Think I brought in around almost 40-50 millions for those players.

Coupled with my UCL and BPL Bounty...

Lol - didn't think you'd get that much for them - did you sell them from the start in the 1st transfer window? I usually stay petty much with the team as it is & work within the budget for the 1st season & try to improve player values before looking to clean out.

P_Gunner

Wouldn't reccomend anyone loan out Wilshere. He becomes an absolute beast after 1 year of giving him attention.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Anzac said:
Clrnc said:
Because I sold Almunia, Fabianski, Rosicky, Djourou, Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner and loaned alot of players out (Wilshere Vela etc). Think I brought in around almost 40-50 millions for those players.

Coupled with my UCL and BPL Bounty...

Lol - didn't think you'd get that much for them - did you sell them from the start in the 1st transfer window? I usually stay petty much with the team as it is & work within the budget for the 1st season & try to improve player values before looking to clean out.
Yeah, all within the first window IIRC. Think it was (2+3+7+6+11+13+13)millions respectively. I like to build my team right from the start and get all my targets in before they were snap up by others. I remember the hardest one was Schweinsteinger. Took me till the end of the window to finally get him on overpaid wages.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Some stuff from my first season in fm:

Arsenal signed Shawcross :lol:

Both City and Arsenal finished bottom half of the table. Chelsea Sp**s Everton and Pool made up the top 4, Sunderland very nearly got CL football.

Werder Bremen got relegated.

I'm finding it very difficult to manage my finances with Bayern. Lots of my players have only 12 months on their contracts and its going to be a real struggle to keep them at the club as money is tight. Haven't made one decent signing in the summer even though there are numerous quality players going cheap. Tried to sign Mertesacker who was looking for ridiculous money - i backed out of the deal as his agent says he isn't happy with the terms of the deal and he ends up signing for Napoli with a much smaller wage. Annoying. Even bloody Craig Gordon priced himself out of a move looking for 110k a week.

Did manage to get Afellay on a free though. Santa Cruz is on a seasons loan as my replacement for Klose who i let go due to his big wages. Signed Beck from Hoffenheim in the first January window.

Some of the bargains (totally unrealistic) :

Neuer for 4m.
Dzeko for 12.5
Julio Cesar for 12
Marchisio for 8

And then theres a whole lot of other silly stuff.

outlaw_member

Established Member
That is ridic! Almost as bad as Tottenham always winnning the league title in the last one. I haven't played the new one, but those type of outrageous outcomes does not attract me, whatsoever. The functions always improve per edition, but that's just not acceptable.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Lloris, Sagna, Vermaelen, Squid, Clichy, Song, Cesc, Arshavin, Schweinsteinger, Aguero, RVP.

Just been offered Messi for 30m and took it in an instance. Madness from FM
Lol, what? Looks like FM 08 might have been the best of the lot.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
This game is far to easy at the moment. I started as Southampton in my game and finished 2nd in league 1. I then finished third in my first season in the championship and won the play off final.

Then I managed to get a load of free transfers including Boruc, Ben Arfa, Babel, Marica, Gago, gouffran aswell as Ramsey and Macheda on season loans and I finished 8th. Then I somehow managed to get Cassano and Dzeko on free transfers and haven't played it since.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Now that is just stupid. I see where outlaw is coming from, i'm probably just enjoying it because i haven't played the game since 08.

Gonner_88

Established Member
My Everton first XI and I'm in February 3rd season:

Frey, Renan, J.Boateng, Zapata, Baines, Poli, Rodwell, Barnetta, Hazard, Neymar, Necid.

and my Under 18's look extremely promising (I scouted them and put them here).

Neymar and Necid each have 30 goals and it's only Feb.

Trophy Cabinet:

2 Premier Leagues (on course for 3rd).
1 Champions League
2 FA Cup
1 CWC
1 Super Cup

Unbeaten in the league in 79 games and only lost 1 game as Everton manager 8))

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
<a class="postlink" href="http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii298/esterence/wtdasfsad.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii29 ... asfsad.jpg</a>

So unrealistic. Almost every single shot I took went into the net. Biggest victory I have playing FM in any series.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Dominating the game with Everton form the 1st season? I'm obviously doing something wrong! How did you even afford that team 88?

Gonner_88

Established Member
I was lucky to win the league in my first season. I won it on goal difference :lol:

Against the BIG 4 (Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal), I adopted a 4-5-1 formation and played counter-attacking football. I got 1 victory against Man utd (very lucky lol) and lost to Arsenal (away) but drew the rest.

My home form was fantastic (no losses) and managed to win most away games...."Counter" set up and it worked like a charm.

I sold the following players in my first season:

Cahill: £13.25 million to Atletico
Jagielka: £19 million to Man City
Saha: £11.25 million to Lyon

Had Transfer kit of £9.5 million. Therefore I had a TOTAL transfer kit of £53 million.

In my first season I bought:

Tobby Alderweireld from Ajax £6.5 million
Renan from Cruizero £9.5 million
Ceoncentrao from Benfica £6.3 million
Neymar from Santos £12.5 million
Necid from CSKA £8.7 million
Frey from Fiorentina £9.5 million

Total transfer expenditure: £53 million

I was in debt throughout the season and expense on wages were out of control but luckily I won the league and FA Cup and used most of the transfer money to balance the wages.

2nd Season:

Transfer Kitty: £62 million (£23 million used to balance wages) therefore I had £39 million to spend on players.

I didn't sell anyone but bought:

Hazard from Lille £20.25 million
Barnetta from Leverkusen £14.5 million.

Won the league again and the CL draws were favourable on me as the big teams knocked each other out. It was so easy that I had Sampdoria in the Final :lol:

3rd Season:

Transfer Kit: £75 million (spent £30 million to creat a big gap between wage budget and wage expenditure).

All I bought in the third season was Poli from Sampdoria £13.5 million.

Dominating the league and only few games away from winning it 3rd time in a row. Destroyed AC Milan 7-0 on aggregate in CL knock out round.

Just won the Carling Cup against Man Utd beating them 2-0.

Still in FA Cup :)

Gonner_88

Established Member
Clrnc said:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii298/esterence/wtdasfsad.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So unrealistic. Almost every single shot I took went into the net. Biggest victory I have playing FM in any series.

WTF :lol:

My biggest win was against AC Milan last night. Beat them 7-0 on aggregate.

I also beat Bolton 7-3 in the FA Cup final lol.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Bloody hell 88, maybe i'm just unlucky with Bayern because i have little money to work with. Constantly have to take money from my transfer kitty to balance the books - i've only spent about 12m as a result.

Not doing brilliantly results-wise either. Lost 5 times in the league, 4 times in CL and once in the German Cup in my first season although i guess any year you win the league has to be classed as a success.

Gonner_88

Established Member
Armor, why don't you try and sell one or two of your best players? You'll be able to use that money for wages and buy young promising players. You'll save money on transfers in the future and have a good squad.

I have finished my 3rd season at Everton and so far my trophy cabinet looks like this:

3 PL
3 FA Cups
1 Carling Cup
2 CL (Beat Sampdoria and CSKA lol)
1 UEFA Super Cup
1 CWC
2 Charity Shields

PS: Tottenham just got Dzeko on a free transfer...WTF :lol:

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Nah they're too important plus i like most of them which is why i picked Bayern in the first place. The squad is pretty sorted anyways, just would have been nice to make a few marquee signings. I managed to make a few clever cheap signings, i just need to replace the oldies like Van Bommel and Tymoschuk when i let them go.

If i lose Lahm and Schweinsteiger on free transfers at the end of the season, i think i'll be on the look out for a new job. Maybe restore Arsenal to greatness again because Wenger is turning us into a mid-table club and its only the second season!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom