• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2011

entropy13

Established Member
Gonner_88 said:
I am unbeaten with Everton since my first season:

PL: 216 games

Career: 298 games

I've only lost one game and that was against Arsenal in 2011...I'm now in 2016 8))

In my FM 2009 game I was unbeaten from...

*checks FM2009 game*

2010 up to 2051, the current year of the latest save game.

EDIT: Actually no, I've lost 6 times in the 10's, 4 times in the 20's, 5 times in the 30's, 3 times in the 40's, no losses yet in the 50's. Still, I always finish first and more than 95% are unbeaten seasons in the league, and most of those unbeaten league seasons are also unbeaten in all competitions. I win every competition as well, so my losses come from group stages or in two-legged stages where I still progress.

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Gonner_88 said:
I am unbeaten with Everton since my first season:

PL: 216 games

Career: 298 games

I've only lost one game and that was against Arsenal in 2011...I'm now in 2016 8))

In my FM 2009 game I was unbeaten from...

*checks FM2009 game*

2010 up to 2051, the current year of the latest save game.

EDIT: Actually no, I've lost 6 times in the 10's, 4 times in the 20's, 5 times in the 30's, 3 times in the 40's, no losses yet in the 50's. Still, I always finish first and more than 95% are unbeaten seasons in the league, and most of those unbeaten league seasons are also unbeaten in all competitions. I win every competition as well, so my losses come from group stages or in two-legged stages where I still progress.

Jeezus!!! :shock:
What formation & tactics do you use?
Do you change them?
Do you watch every game on key points or not at all?

For want of a better description I start to get 'bored' when I make it past the Group Stage & am still unbeaten for the season, particularly if I've already beaten ManU / CFC in the PL & Madrid in the CL.

I'm already looking to start another game & play either a 2 striker formation or an assymetric so as to get more use from the forward options.

squallkid

Established Member
Some weird stuff has happened in my fm save

Balotelli threw his toys out of the pram each and every week demanding a move to a bigger club so city eventually sold him to Barcelona who have Rafa Benitez as manager, they play a 4-5-1 formation

David Beckham won the World cup as England manager

Anzac

Established Member
squallkid said:
Some weird stuff has happened in my fm save

Balotelli threw his toys out of the pram each and every week demanding a move to a bigger club so city eventually sold him to Barcelona who have Rafa Benitez as manager, they play a 4-5-1 formation

David Beckham won the World cup as England manager

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

entropy13

Established Member
Anzac said:
Jeezus!!! :shock:
What formation & tactics do you use?
Do you change them?
Do you watch every game on key points or not at all?

For want of a better description I start to get 'bored' when I make it past the Group Stage & am still unbeaten for the season, particularly if I've already beaten ManU / CFC in the PL & Madrid in the CL.

I'm already looking to start another game & play either a 2 striker formation or an assymetric so as to get more use from the forward options.

It's been a long time since I played that save game in FM 2009, and I'm in Nov 2010 last time I played my FM 2011 save.

In my 2009 game I've already extensively used some sort of 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2) or 4-3-3. I could only recall the later seasons, so it's either of those two with the midfielders and some of the forwards being rotated, and sometimes even the defense, because that's just how deep and strong the whole first team is. Even my second string can take on Premier League and CL games. Some gets unhappy though towards the end of the season, but because we keep on winning trophies it's inconsequential and they become happy again. :p

Here's the first team:
<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/xrQDq.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/xrQDq.jpg</a>
There are 13 homegrown players there, 11 trained at the club and 2 trained within the nation (England).

squallkid

Established Member
Did I mention that balotelli still throws his toys out of the pram demanding a move to a bigger club or a much better contract now that he's at Barcelona?

There is light

I sacked pat rice, just started playing this week, he thought almunia and denilson had a future at the club and kept suggesting that every week, quite annoying plus he suggested i sell Chezny! That was enough.

Anzac

Established Member
Re AA performances...........

Been playing around with 2 new tactics in pre-season = 433 with a flat narrow 3 CMs, a flat wide front 3 (2 inside forwards on attack & complete forward in support in the middle), and a flat back4 with 2 FBs on support.
Playing AA & Nasri as the wide forwards & AA has been scoring for fun & was my top goal scorer. Had also tried AA up front as Advanced Striker in a 4132 with the same result. Moral of the story seems to be to play him in the forward line in a goal scoring role.

P_Gunner

Went 95 games unbeaten in the league on my Arsenal side.

Lost on match day 2 in like 2014/15 then was unbeaten for the following 36 games in the season, the 38 games in 2015/16 and 22 games in 2016/17 before finally losing to United at Old Trafford.

Started over with Accrington now and it looks like I'll be winning league 2 in my first season. Jamil Adam and Norwood are brilliant league 2 loan options. Hope I can get those 2 gems on loan again next year and survive relegation in League 1.

P_Gunner

Gotta say FM 2011 seems a lot easier than 2010. I just won league 1 with Accrington in my first season up there. I'm up to the Championship now and its only been 2 years.

In FM 2010 I got the last playoff spot in league 2 (and cheated my way through because I couldn't deal with another year in league 2) and then spent 4 years just consolidating in league 1. I had set a plan to aim for promotion within the next two years but my game file got corrupted before I had a realistic shot at it.

The game seems a bit too easy.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
P_Gunner said:
Gotta say FM 2011 seems a lot easier than 2010. I just won league 1 with Accrington in my first season up there. I'm up to the Championship now and its only been 2 years.

In FM 2010 I got the last playoff spot in league 2 (and cheated my way through because I couldn't deal with another year in league 2) and then spent 4 years just consolidating in league 1. I had set a plan to aim for promotion within the next two years but my game file got corrupted before I had a realistic shot at it.

The game seems a bit too easy.

Did you patched your game?

I was on a 25 games run when Spuds beat me at home which was a start of my downfall. Much like in reality it seems:(

qs

Established Member
There is light said:
I sacked pat rice, just started playing this week, he thought almunia and denilson had a future at the club and kept suggesting that every week, quite annoying plus he suggested i sell Chezny! That was enough.

Every decent assistant will say that to you. Pat Rice is one of the top assistants in the game, best to keep him till he retires.

I'm in my 3rd season now, won the league and league cup double in my first season. Finishes second and potless in my second season now I'm first and going strong in my 3rd season after not spending my summer transfer budget.

Sold Fab the previous summer and brought in Pastore, Schweinsteiger and Fellaini. Then I added Vidal and Howdes in Jan so I'm well stocked. I want a new forward but to get someone stronger than RVP, Lukaku and Kadlec is expensive.

Also got a few other players like Montero, Cahill, De Gea.

qs

Established Member
Anzac said:

Been playing around with 2 new tactics in pre-season = 433 with a flat narrow 3 CMs, a flat wide front 3 (2 inside forwards on attack & complete forward in support in the middle), and a flat back4 with 2 FBs on support.
Playing AA & Nasri as the wide forwards & AA has been scoring for fun & was my top goal scorer. Had also tried AA up front as Advanced Striker in a 4132 with the same result. Moral of the story seems to be to play him in the forward line in a goal scoring role.

In all my saves Shavas always been brilliant. I usually play him wide as an inside forward.

Anzac

Established Member
qs said:
Anzac said:

In all my saves Shavas always been brilliant. I usually play him wide as an inside forward.

Yup - he's also been great as an attacking AM in the hole = play him as a goal scorer.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Only did a season and a half of this (it takes me aaages to get through a season) with Bayern....might load it up again and have a go with a new team. Any suggestions?

gunnerGH

Established Member
Just started playing this game since Football Manager Live closed down.

My save is with Arsenal of course. 1st season I won the League and FA cup double. Didnt expect that

Now just starting my second season. Bought like 8 youths 16-18 years old who are gonna be beastly very soon. As for my first team I brought in Rossi (7.5mil) Buonanotte (free) Afellay (free) as well as last seasons buys Hazard (15mil) Handanovic (10mil) and Shawcross (9.5mil)

Only real sales have been Bendtner to AC along with Squallaci 5.5 and 3 respectively. Rosicky left on a free.

First team:

Handanovic
Sagna-Djourou-Shawcross-Clichy
Walcott-Fabregas-Song-Hazard
RVP-Chamackh

2nd team: (when covering for fatigue/injury)

Fabianski
Eboue-Vermaelen-Koscielny-Gibbs
Nasri-Wilshere-Afellay-Buonanotte
Rossi-Arshavin

Others: Kadlec (amazing youth) Ramsey, Denilson, Vela, Diaby (want to sell him though he's ****) Labyad,

Got a massive squad :D but i think its needed to challenge on all fronts. :)

Top Bottom