• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2011

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
My Football Manager Season 2010/2011.

I was finishing fourth, I was a runner-up for a very long time but losing against some poor teams! even losing against Blackpool! away, my team morale wasnt also very good Fabregas and RVP wanted to leave but I was holding on to them.

My team in the season 2010/2011.

Fabianski
Sagna
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Clichy
Fabregas
Wilshere (Wonderkid if you guide him good)
Arshavin
Hazard
RVP
Walcott

My season 2011/2011 was a great one! but well I was throwing out of the Carling cup very early in the game! but i have bought some good wingers to make something good out of my tactics.

My team:

Akinfeev
Sagna
Subotic
Vermaelen
Clichy
Fabregas
Wilshere
Sanchez
Hazard
RVP
Walcott.

(A great season! EPL champions scored 100 goals. with Walcott and RVP both scored 30 goals in the competition RVP and Walcott are both two beasts in this game!. (Well winning the Fa Cup against Chelsea! always nice 0-3!.

And a very nice closing Champions League Final (Against Barcelona)!

I have won that game with 7-1! 4x RVP 1x Walcott 1x Hazard 1x Fabregas

This was one of the most strangest match in FM for me, destroying Barcelona's first eleven.

A great 2011/2012 season lets hope we will also do this next season! haha. would be great

Anzac

Established Member
HollandGooner said:

I was finishing fourth, I was a runner-up for a very long time but losing against some poor teams! even losing against Blackpool! away, my team morale wasnt also very good Fabregas and RVP wanted to leave but I was holding on to them.

Fabianski
Sagna
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Clichy
Fabregas
Arshavin
Hazard
RVP
Walcott

My season 2011/2011 was a great one! but well I was throwing out of the Carling cup very early in the game! but i have bought some good wingers to make something good out of my tactics.

My team:

Akinfeev
Sagna
Subotic
Vermaelen
Clichy
Fabregas
Wilshere
Sanchez
Hazard
RVP
Walcott.

(A great season! EPL champions scored 100 goals. with Walcott and RVP both scored 30 goals in the competition RVP and Walcott are both two beasts in this game!. (Well winning the Fa Cup against Chelsea! always nice 0-3!.

This was one of the most strangest match in FM for me, destroying Barcelona's first eleven.

A great 2011/2012 season lets hope we will also do this next season! haha. would be great

Nice turn around from your previous post - what shape/roles did you go with in the end?

squallkid

Established Member
Just had a season and got beaten in all the cup finals

****ed up the community shield 2-0 to man utd

Beaten to the European Super Cup on Penalties to Liverpool

Was 2-0 up in the Carling Cup final but stoke came back and scored 3 goals to win it.

Knocked out of the Fa Cup by Hull City

Lost in the Champions League final 6-2 to Barcelona

But I did win the league

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
6-2 eh? For a game that used to pride itself on realism there are many silly things... such as strange transfer fee's (usually too low), bizarre scorelines and over/under-achieving teams.

squallkid

Established Member
Meh I tried to go with an attacking team but 2-0 to Barcelona soon became 3-2 at half time and 6-2 by the final whistle, every single time they took a shot or free kick it went in......

In a game where Man Utd finished 5th in the league I've come not to expect realism

mo50

Established Member
I managed to find this game on sale yesterday, and having all the time in the world at my disposal, I finished a season in two days. I started by signing Vidal for 16m, which was essentially my entire transfer funding. Trying to get players like Denilson, Almunia & co was impossible unless I loaned them out w/ a buyout clause, which is what I did.

I had an easy route to the Carling Cup, and I ended up winning it. I started off with Sp**s/Chelsa/United for my PL campaign, and managed a grand total of 1 point. Very rough start to the season, but as I continued to play with tactics/formations, I started getting the best out of my players.

Playing Arshavin out left as an Inside Forward, with Walcott on the right as a Winger was pure magic for me. A midfield of Cesc-Vidal, with Song behind them was also consistent and very good. I used Song as an Anchor-Man, with Cesc a deep-lying playmaker with license to go forward. I don't know how best to utilise Nasri. He isn't producing consistently enough to throw him into the attack, so I may sell him if a big offer comes in.

My CL hopes were crushed by Barca (6-3 aggregate) and FA cup by Aston Villa. Although Chelsea had a 15+ points gap by January, with 2 games to go, I was within striking distance of the title. Chelsea drew their game, and with me playing Aston Villa the next day, I had a chance to overtake them. Would you believe a 95th minute goal by Ashley Young ****ed up my title chance?

Ah well, I wasn't expecting the title anyways. Now with a transfer kitty in excess of 70m, I want to bring in 2-3 top, top players. I've got my eyes on Chiellini to partner Vermaelen, with Djourou/Koscielny as backup. A new Gk might come in handy, because I could do better than Szczesny.

I'm thinking of better ways to utilise my fullbacks, and a better defensive organization in general. My fullbacks don't offer enough going forward, so I may replace Clichy and bring in a more offensive minded LB.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
A season in 2 days? Christ thats fast.

Did a season with Juve, finished second in the league. Bonnucci and Chiellini were unbelievable at the back, conceded f*ck all despite having average enough FB's in De Ceglie and Motta.

Unfortunately despite building a young Italian filled squad, the game has been ruined for me because 3 important players have gone back to their parent clubs - despite being perfectly happy at Juve, they refused to enter contract talks after i matched the agreed transfer fee (part of the loan deal). So annoying. Quaglierella was top scorer, Pepe had the best Average Match Rating in the league and Motta was a consistent first teamer.

Haven't played in ages as i don't know whether to resume that game in pre-season 11/12 or start fresh with someone new - either one will take plenty of work and i'm just not bothered giving it the time.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Anzac said:
HollandGooner said:

Fabianski
Sagna
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Clichy
Fabregas
Arshavin
Hazard
RVP
Walcott

My team:

Akinfeev
Sagna
Subotic
Vermaelen
Clichy
Fabregas
Wilshere
Sanchez
Hazard
RVP
Walcott.

Nice turn around from your previous post - what shape/roles did you go with in the end?

I was playing a 4-4-2, but with wingers who were allowed to turn up the attack so when we were attacking the opponent it was more likely a 4-2-4 with RVP and Walcott upfront and with Sanchez and Hazard joinig upfront on the flanks, but my game was pure based on Sanchez and Hazard cause they were the most dangerous players in my tactic, they had everything to make my tactic sucsessfull cause they had pace and tecnique wich was very important in my current set-up.

entropy13

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/ri48W.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/ri48W.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: :lol: :lol:

entropy13

Established Member
Agreed about Chamakh, he is a beast. That's why neither of them (RVP) can become top goalscorer since they usually score the same amount of league goals (around 24-28). The top goalscorer usually scores 30+ goals.

I also got Kompany for cheap because Man City keeps on buying players (I haven't sold Nasri though, he's happy with being in the club apparently LOL).

Paulo Henrique and Andrea Poli are doing very well for me too. I got to buy them after that 68m selling of Cesc and the 16m selling of Song. I also sold Sagna for 18m, so I got Diego Renan to replace him.

Among the youngsters only Ryo Miyaichi and Kyle Bartley are still with the club (Szczesny is now 2nd choice behind Adler).

I'm having problems with Ryo though. He can't renew his contract because his work permit application is being denied. Same thing happened to Emilliano Martinez last season already (2013-2014).

And forgot to mention that there's a Brazilian fullback named John Lennon. :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
anybody seen a transfer update yet?

it ia pretty hard to play with Arsenal thou, you gotta get rid of so much dead weight, and sevaral players are underrated

entropy13

Established Member
I've just sold Chamakh, Kompany and Clichy in 2016. All three of them went to Marseille. LOL

Top Bottom