• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2014

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
If anyone are considering buying this years edition, I HIGHLY recommend it.

They've completely revamped the way tactics work - sliders are completely gone. All those shouts from last year that you could only do at the start of a match are now available at the tactics screen, and you can even apply them individually.

There's a lot more variety now. You can actually play someone in the role Walcott plays for you, and long ball tactics are now viable as well.

Been having a blast with it. Really the first time in years they've really shaken things up.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Counting down the days until my exams are over so I can go out and buy this.

Haven't played the previous version of the game since January and can't wait to get started again.

Thinking of taking over Milan, Fiorentina or Inter Milan. The Seria A is the perfect challenge as Champions League football is achievable and it gives you time to build a strong side.

Alternatively, I may try to reestablish QPR as a Premier League outfit.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Really cant get a tactic to work in this. Any help?

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Well they work, they just take a really long time to come into action. It's awful taking over a national team before important games because you don't have the time.

Jasard

I had a great one working that properly utilized Özil but was poor defensively and got destroyed away from home. Hmph

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
vnmngz.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://i41.tinypic.com/nwhfgi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i41.tinypic.com/nwhfgi.jpg</a>

WHAAAAAT? :lol: Can't believe I only scored twice. Mark Hughes really is piss poor

Reeson4

Clrnc said:
vnmngz.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://i41.tinypic.com/nwhfgi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i41.tinypic.com/nwhfgi.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHAAAAAT? :lol: Can't believe I only scored twice. Mark Hughes really is piss poor

Got to be a bug, i would report this to the football manager forum.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Always been a huge fanatic, but as the game has developed in the last 3 years or so it's become impossible to play when you are working and studying. While the level of detail is great, you need to spend huge amounts of time on it and it just wasn't practical anymore.

In saying that, as is tradition, I went and bought the game after my exams yesterday and figured I'd give the classic mode a run. Classic mode is basically a more simplified version of the game, making it more like the old Championship Manger days. Still huge amount of detail, but no team talks or press conferences, etc.

I absolutely love it. Managed to complete all of pre-season and the first 5 games of the season last night. Haven't been this hooked on an edition of this game for years.

I'm currently managing Newcastle. I sold Gutierrez and Santon and bought in Pepe, Gaitan and Fabio. I've won my first 5 games of the season though it has been a really easy run so far (Cardiff, Sunderland, West Ham, Southampton, Stoke). Got a tough run of fixtures coming up so it was vital I got off to a good start.

Highlight so far was my win against Cardiff away from home. I was down 2-1 and had Cabaye sent off after 40 minutes. Ended up changing things drastically, using the instructions from the touch line for the entire second half and walked away with a 4-2 victory.

Jasard

Clrnc said:
vnmngz.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://i41.tinypic.com/nwhfgi.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i41.tinypic.com/nwhfgi.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What tactic are you running to get 99 shots?! That happens very often for me, huge amount of shots to their 2 or something and lose.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Attacking, very fluid, press hard. I play a 4-1-1-3-1. CM and AM shoot on sight.

Despite all these I don't win big, I rack up alot of shots but seldom do I ever win 5-0 6-0.

Jasard

Clrnc said:
Attacking, very fluid, press hard. I play a 4-1-1-3-1. CM and AM shoot on sight.

Despite all these I don't win big, I rack up alot of shots but seldom do I ever win 5-0 6-0.

I'm finding I score more by telling my forward line to all not shoot! They tend to hold off for a more realistic chance of scoring and thus not waste chances. Giroud has had a lot of hattricks.

Had a really up and down first season but managed to win the League as Chelsea collapsed at the end and got lucky fixtures in the CL and won that.

In my second season it has been by far the best I've had in any Football manager. Won something like the first 20 games in all competitions. Won the Community Shield, Super Cup and World Club Championships. Things went a bit down hill about half way through the season and drew just about every game for ages so I mixed up my tactic a bit and ended up in great form again.

Just hammered Bacelona at home after holding on 0-0 at their ground. Am just about top of the league, won the League cup and am in the FA cup final. Unbeaten in well over 60 games!

It's a strange Football Manager this year, took me a few restarts to really get to grips with it but I think I really have the hang of it. Don't have the greatest squad either yet.

In previous version of the game I think you could get away with just sorting a tactic and going on holiday for months if you wanted. Quite like how much you have to adjust for each opponent now.

By the way big Per is a goal scoring machine!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Vermaelen is a goalscoring machine for me.

I think your shooting tactic make sense. I will tweak it and see what happens. Maybe thats why i have alot of shots but little results

Herbas

Cudareli said:
Always been a huge fanatic, but as the game has developed in the last 3 years or so it's become impossible to play when you are working and studying. While the level of detail is great, you need to spend huge amounts of time on it and it just wasn't practical anymore.

Absolutely the same for me.

Is the Classic mode realistic enough? When this mode was introduced in the last year, I heard a lot that it wasn't really playable due to lack of sense in match results and transfers.

E

Enoch

Clrnc said:
Vermaelen is a goalscoring machine for me.

I think your shooting tactic make sense. I will tweak it and see what happens. Maybe thats why i have alot of shots but little results

Him and Koscielny score so many goals for me, i remember in FM13 Koscielny had 18 goals and Vermaelen had 15 in the same season. When they got older and i wanted to promote a wonder kid CB, i had to decide by who scored the lesser amount of goals that season :lol:

Jasard

What corner tactics you use?

Giroud just smashed Henrys goals in a season record in my second season...

E

Enoch

I don't use any tactics for corners. The only thing i do for corners is decide who the kick takers are on each side, that's about it.

I always go 4-3-3 with Ramsey and Wilshere taking the CM spots, then i go out and buy a DM. But since Özil was bought, i still play Wilshere and Ramsey at CM and have Özil at CAM, no DM though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom