<

Football Manager 2018

Discussion in 'Football Games (FIFA, FM, FPL, etc.)' started by krackpot, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

I don't know, the fan outrage seems fairly on point from my experience watching Arsenal Fan TV and match threads on here :lol:

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  2. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

i always lose my tactics, especially my player roles and set piece instructions. They get reset for some reason.

the black player thing is aknown bug.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Managed do get my first ever double figure victory in FM and I have played most FM's every since Kompany and Anthony Vanden Borre were the best wonderkids which was I think FM 2008!

Won 12-0 against Rochdale in FA Cup. :lol:

Good stuff.

krackpot and al-Ustaadh like this.
  4. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

What formation and tactics do you run?

5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Been back and fourth between 3-4-3(few variations of it really) and 4-2-3-1 wide. Won nothing first season but have started this season very well with 4-2-3-1 so I'm not changing it anytime soon.

Everything in tactics is pretty balanced. Wide/Narrow is balanced. Tempo is normal. I retain possession with mixed passing and play out of the defence. Bellerin is unreal in my save, and when he is on fire I exploit the right flank and look for the overlap. Tell them to be more expressive.

That is it really. I shouldn't be saying anything because though I'm pretty bad at tactics. I always let assistant manager decide between flexible, standard, control and that stuff.

krackpot and al-Ustaadh like this.
  6. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

I kept losing with Bolton (which is realistic actually) but then I found out that somehow all my roles and set-piece instruction had been wiped.

pretty frustrated with this really

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Playing 4-3-1-2 and in home games nobody can stop me. In away games I either play 4-1-2-3 or 3-4-1-2. Important to be defensively solid in away games.

krackpot likes this.
  8. al-Ustaadh

Do you play with inside forwards or wingers? And what about your backline?

9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I ended replacing Alexis with Hirving Lozano for 22M euros this guy is f**king amazing!

10. al-Ustaadh

Playing a 2-3-2-3 on attack. I never play any other way, whether home or away.

Sold: Alexis (70 million), Özil (50), Elneny (25), Coquelin (29), Walcott (15), Giroud (25), Monreal (15) and Debuchy (7)

Loaned: Holding, Reine-Adelaide, and Maitland-Niles

Then preceded to overhaul the squad with young talent and players transfer listed by the bigger clubs. Still have 100 million+ in the bank with 25 million per week in wages available to use.

Bought: Domenico Berardi (25 million), Leon Goretzka (70; half in installments), Andrija Zivkovic (50; half in installments), Alex Telles (15), Aleix Vidal (8), Gotiku Sakai (16), Lucas Torreira (38), and Leonardo da Silva-Lopes (4).

Loaned w/ option to buy: Andre Gomes

Starting lineup:

----------------Alexander Lacazette

Alex Iwobi--------------------------Domenico Berardi

---------Andre Gomes------Leon Goretzka

Alex Telles---------Granit Xhaka------------Hector Bellerin

-------Laurent Koscielny----Shkodran Mustafi-------------

----------------------Petr Cech-------------------

Usual bench: Welbeck, Zivkovic, Wilshere, Ramsey, Terreira, Aleix Vidal, and Kolasinac

Remainder of registered squad: Nelson, Gotiku Sakai, Chambers, Mertesacker, Ospina, Macey, Nketiah

Unregistered: Sheaf, Willock, and Leonardo da Silva-Lopes (trying to groom him to be a homegrown Sakai).

Plan to sell Cazorla (if I can) in January and then after the season to replace Mertesacker with Holding, sell the rest of the dross on loan (Jenkinson, Lucas, etc.), sell Welbeck, sell Maitland-Niles, and sell Ospina.

Then I'm going to make a big push for Griezmann as a replacement for Welbeck (my plan is to be qualified for the CL to do so; I also plan on offering ridiculous wages, which is why I have so much money saved up) and buy a sweeper keeper (Cech is actually pretty good as a sweeper keeper but he's getting up there in age, so I need somebody to take over for him eventually). I play with a false nine at striker (Lacazette is amazing) and I plan on doing the same with Griezmann. If I can't get him, then I'm thinking of trying to get Benzema on the cheap.

My team dominates with the tactics I run (push high up the pitch, play offside, prevent GK distribution, always close down, tactical hard tackling, direct passing on attack with high tempo, very fluid, pass into space, low crosses, roam, play out of the back, work ball into box, freedom to express; basically, I'm running a Guardiola-esque system haha). My strength is really my depth though - two deep in every position. It allows me to rotate constantly without any problems. I take chances with the young talent too. For example, if I have to because of injury, I'll start Nelson at Old Trafford, etc.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    krackpot likes this.
  11. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

[​IMG]

First Wenger one I've seen

12. al-Ustaadh

WOW. Super rarity. How good is he? haha And what year in the game is that? Must be a son from one of his mistresses, because I've only ever known him to have a daughter. haha

BobP and Godwin1 like this.
  13. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

My scouts give him 4 star potential.
    [​IMG]

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  14. al-Ustaadh

I love how he's NOT a ball playing defender. haha

Godwin1 likes this.
  15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Low vision rating, must be hereditary.

16. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

There's a solid center back there if given enough playing time for sure.

17. al-Ustaadh

The technique rating is not fair. Wenger's got decent tekkers. Must've been a fault of the mistress's genes.

krackpot and American_Gooner like this.
  18. al-Ustaadh

Also... his aggression rating is really high. Must've been pissed off at dad for not being around too often and thus turned into a wild child.

Edit: I'm having too much fun with this... I'll stop now.

19. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

The ONLY formation to use.

Have great memories with an ultra attacking 2-3-2-3/4-3-3 on FM 15.

IIRC the TIs were somewhat similar if a little less subtle:

More Direct Passing
    Pass Into Space
    Play Out Of Defence
    Low Crosses
    Run At Defence
    Shoot On Sight

Exploit The Flanks
    Look for Overlaps

Play Narrower
    Push Higher Up
    Roam From Positions

Close Down Much More
    Stay On Feet
    Use Tighter Marking
    Use Offside Trap
    Prevent Short GK Distribution

Much Higher Tempo
    Be More Expressive

Possession was the least of my concern so I never really bothered with working the ball into the box. Despite dominating a game in terms of score I'd often end up with below 50% possession. I also hated selecting shoot on sight as players would take pot shots in stupid situations but it just worked so I left it

Stamina and speed were absolutely crucial in just about all the positions as the players would burn out rapidly because of the system.

I think it broke the game though because I should have been conceding at a much higher rate but I was normally quite good defensively. It sounds too straightforward but it was almost like the game had decided to reward you handsomely for aggressively pursuing shots.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  20. al-Ustaadh

Has anybody had any success with Fekir as an inside forward on the right?