• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2018

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Is the create a club still there?

you think you can do what I propose but have 2 clubs disappear?

and have the new club keep arsenal records and EL place?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I need to be talked out of downloading and installing it

is there still create a club feature? I always liked that

been watching a few youtube vids and it is calling me

I don't want to do the "usual"

manage us for 3 seasons with the changes I want to make

grow bored because I can't win the treble

new save manage bayern, psg or real to win it all, fail

take some slightly lower lever team and tihnking I will revolutionize everything and fail

create a club was kinda fun thou, like playing with the editor but with rules

I was thinking of doing something with a narrative, like Leeds rising like the fenix,
the unthinkable, arsenal and tottenham merger? does that make you guys sick to your stomach? I was thinking, a bunch of british millionaires are tired of having the top english club owned by foreigners, they unite the clubs, take the best players from both teams?

Arsenal Hotspurs?

North London United?
buy it in the steam sale

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You think my idea is possible?
I understand why you wanted to do that.

the problem (not technical) would be that FM does not simulate these events properly, so it would be like any other game after a while.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is the create a club still there?

you think you can do what I propose but have 2 clubs disappear?

and have the new club keep arsenal records and EL place?
It will not be possible to just delete it, you'd have to replace it with another club.

What you want is strategy, and methinks you should go for another grand strategy game, FM is mainly for Match Engine/tactics.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I understand why you wanted to do that.

the problem (not technical) would be that FM does not simulate these events properly, so it would be like any other game after a while.

Yeah I know the game as such. Played loads just skipped the 2 latest

I often make my own "rules" or other challenges to make it interesting

My funnest challenge/game was inter Milan a few years ago

Super defensive, cynical, set piece experts, purposly premiered aggression, work rate etc

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So I did it

couldn't remove tottenham but gutted them with players and edited their economy and squad/managment and lowered their economy, rep and facilities with the ingame editor, couldn't change their name either but they are playing at Levy Stadium with 30k max :p

Squad
Lloris
Cech
Bellerin
Kola
Rose
Mustafi
Kos
Toby
Holding
Dier
Dembele
Xhaka
Jack
Ramsey
Ali
Iwobi
Lacazette
Kane
Özil

Ainsley
Eddie
Reiss
Macey

a couple of tottenham youngster can't recall their names now

and 20 or so 15-16 year olds at random

So rules for myself
1: don't touch the ingame editor anymore obviously
2: Only buy u18 players
3: if a senior player wants to go and I can't entice them to stay I am allowed to buy a max 21 year old
4: Only 1 year extensions for +30 year olds

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Anybody know when the update with the winter window transfers for FM 2018 comes out?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
My North London United experiment somewhat failed

ended up second place in the league, won europa and out in semis in both cups (was rotating heavy in the cups thou)

no fun to continue because almost all my players are being tapped up heavily. doesn't matter if I offer them huge contracts, they still wanna leave it seems

So I started a new club, I want a team of killers and run people down

create a club with real but selected a bunch of ass-kickers

de gea
caravajo, ramos, thiago silva, kolasinac
vidal, camacho kante
muller sanchez
lewandowski
loads of press, hard tackles, tight marking, counterattack long balls

and a bunch of others all with high workrate, teamwork, stamina and aggression :)

seems to be working, too good, they are kicking the **** out of each other in pre-season and I have like 8 injured now :p

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My North London United experiment somewhat failed

ended up second place in the league, won europa and out in semis in both cups (was rotating heavy in the cups thou)

no fun to continue because almost all my players are being tapped up heavily. doesn't matter if I offer them huge contracts, they still wanna leave it seems

So I started a new club, I want a team of killers and run people down

create a club with real but selected a bunch of ass-kickers

de gea
caravajo, ramos, thiago silva, kolasinac
vidal, camacho kante
muller sanchez
lewandowski
loads of press, hard tackles, tight marking, counterattack long balls

and a bunch of others all with high workrate, teamwork, stamina and aggression :)

seems to be working, too good, they are kicking the **** out of each other in pre-season and I have like 8 injured now :p
haha, good going.

A rugby team :p

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
frekkin impossible to have a great squad now it seems. too many players *****ing about not playing

think I will have to redo it

and have u-18s that can cover and maybe a couple of 32.ish + players

pick a smaller team so I don't have a HUUUGE budget and be tempted :p

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I had 38% possesion away vs Barca and still managed to win :D

I had no quals about going to Nou camp and playing a very very deep 4-2dms-3 LM, CM, RM and one lone striker

Alexis putting in a great shift as a regular old fashioned winger

BobP

Memri Fan
Which is the latest edition which has been successfully cracked?

Might have a quickie before Uni starts again.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Which is the latest edition which has been successfully cracked?

Might have a quickie before Uni starts again.

Don't do it, you know where it ends up :lol:

As for me I'm getting round to finally playing 17 and am really liking it actually.

I'm doing really well as Arsenal, in the finals of the FA Cup and CL and walked the league in my first season. Welbeck is pretty OP I think. :lol:

Normally just do Shrewsbury saves but thought it'd be fun to have a top tier slot for once.

I've tried to develop a total football formation and am gonna look to use the academy wherever possible with a couple of big signings here and there.

Also like the lack of editor in this, would always end up dicking around with it and complete ruin all my saves in the older versions.

BobP

Memri Fan
Don't do it, you know where it ends up

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too ****ing right.

As for me I'm getting round to finally playing 17 and am really liking it actually.

Is it much different tactically?

I'm doing really well as Arsenal, in the finals of the FA Cup and CL and walked the league in my first season. Welbeck is pretty OP I think. :lol:

I've only ever done a single save with Arsenal in my entire time playing FM. It was the most Arsenal season ever.

Absolutely flying in the first half of the season. Giroud and Sanchez were on absolute fire, they former in particular had scored 20 something goals in all competitions midway through the season. Injuries built up however and we lost to Leverkusen in the R16 on away goals. Our lead in the league got whittled away to nothing as we continuously drew games.

Normally just do Shrewsbury saves but thought it'd be fun to have a top tier slot for once.

I've tried to develop a total football formation and am gonna look to use the academy wherever possible with a couple of big signings here and there.

The part on the academy reminds me of my Everton save.

After a couple of seasons I started using Jonjoe Kenny as backup to Coleman with Browning on loan. With a name like that I was 100% convinced that he was black. Imagine my shock when I saw him live :lol:.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too ****ing right.

Is it much different tactically?

I've only ever done a single save with Arsenal in my entire time playing FM. It was the most Arsenal season ever.

Absolutely flying in the first half of the season. Giroud and Sanchez were on absolute fire, they former in particular had scored 20 something goals in all competitions midway through the season. Injuries built up however and we lost to Leverkusen in the R16 on away goals. Our lead in the league got whittled away to nothing as we continuously drew games.

The part on the academy reminds me of my Everton save.

After a couple of seasons I started using Jonjoe Kenny as backup to Coleman with Browning on loan. With a name like that I was 100% convinced that he was black. Imagine my shock when I saw him live :lol:.

Really like the tactics on it myself just because there's so many different player roles now. Love a cheeky enganche or two.

And yeah I was amazed how OP Welbz and Giroud were for me, think they got like 45 goals or something mental between them. I fell away after Christmas badly as well but only dropped points once before, so the league was pretty much won.

Love that academy story :lol: I was convinced Jose Baxter and Ryan Gauld would be superstars in real life off the back of FM 13. How wrong I was :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
My first order of business in the last 3 years of FM was to go into the editor and nerf Giroud. No idea why they made him so good. He was literally a guaranteed 25 goals per season in the league alone.

What I usually did was keep his attributes the same but make him A LOT more inconsistent, which I felt was a fair compromise. Giroud could be straight fire for months and then turn into Bendtner's challenged cousin the following months.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom