• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2019

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anybody else excited for it?
I'm definitely very interested, but won't make the mistake of buying it early November like last time.

Heard they have new training, which is a big improvement.

I'll try to keep myself from buying it before Christmas, or at least the first patch.

I like the chances to training system and tactic system. But really want to know more how the code really afftect the games !

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

For those interested in the tactics overhaul they've done. I like the look of it. You can do so much more.

al-Ustaadh

Speaking of FM, though, what CA and PA star ratings would you give to Nketiah, Nelson, ESR, Willock, and all of the Arsenal youngsters who people are currently high on?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Speaking of FM, though, what CA and PA star ratings would you give to Nketiah, Nelson, ESR, Willock, and all of the Arsenal youngsters who people are currently high on?

The star ratings are relative to the rest of your squad. I think Reiss already has a high variable potential (-85 I believe). I suspect he'll stay the same.

I think most of our youth prospects have good potential in FM. A young player has to be doing Mbappe level things for SI to give them a fixed high PA going off past years.

al-Ustaadh

The star ratings are relative to the rest of your squad. I think Reiss already has a high variable potential (-85 I believe). I suspect he'll stay the same.

I think most of our youth prospects have good potential in FM. A young player has to be doing Mbappe level things for SI to give them a fixed high PA going off past years.
What do you mean they're relative to the rest of the squad? And how does the variable potential work?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
What do you mean they're relative to the rest of the squad? And how does the variable potential work?

The vast majority of players will have a PA set from 1 - 200 (Messi 199 for example). If a player is under 21 and SI don't really know how they'll turn out then they are given a negative PA, which is a variable PA set once you start a new game.
  • -10 = PA between 170 and 200
  • -95 = PA between 160 and 190
  • -9 = PA between 150 and 180
  • And so on
Then once you start a game it assigns every young player with a PA between those brackets. So Reiss for example being -85 would get assigned somewhere between 140 and 170 every new game. In certain cases i.e. Donnarumma, Dembele, Mbappe. SI often give them a set PA despite being young because they feel they know how they'll turn out. I believe Donnarumma, Dembele & Mbappe are around 185.

Regarding the star ratings. What you are shown on scout reports or your squad list is how they compare to relevant players in your existing squad who play in his position.

e.g. you may have a player rated at 4 stars who after a couple of seasons has dropped to 3 stars, not necessarily because he's got worse but because your squad has improved. If you have a good left winger for instance rated 4 stars then sign Neymar and Hazard, that player is likely to be seen as a 2 or 3 star player because of the much higher ability of the players you signed.

Another way of looking at it is that 3 stars roughly shows a player would be considered "average" in your squad compared to your existing players who play in the same position. In those positions where your squad is weak it will be easier for a player to get a good star rating.

A bit long but I hope it helps.

al-Ustaadh

So the Beta version came out yesterday. Two weeks away from full release.

Quick question for some... If you play with a winger (or wingers), how do you set up your full-back/wing-back (or full-backs/wing-backs)?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So the Betamax version came out yesterday. Two weeks away from full release.

Quick question for some... If you play with a winger (or wingers), how do you set up your full-back/wing-back (or full-backs/wing-backs)?
betamax....loong time since I heard that. never took off...was eaten up by VHS.

Dr. Benjy has had a stream up since a week.

IFs on attack will almost always cut inside, and leave the flank empty..you should probably look for overlap and Fullbacks (on Auto or support)

Wingers that have runs with ball down X flank or hugs touchline should be paired with look for underlap. Wingers who stay wide and attacking fullbacks will generally create an overload which can work, but generally leave the flank wide open. In this case you need Defensive FBs.

Every situation is different, though. My last team had a very unbalanced system (much like Arsenal) because of the players I had. I had a Rt Winger on attack, and a RB on attack (their best roles)..then had a defensive winger and a LB who had stays back at all times.:confused:

Wingers are OP, in FM18 at least.

al-Ustaadh

betamax....loong time since I heard that. never took off...was eaten up by VHS.

Dr. Benjy has had a stream up since a week.

IFs on attack will almost always cut inside, and leave the flank empty..you should probably look for overlap and Fullbacks (on Auto or support)

Wingers that have runs with ball down X flank or hugs touchline should be paired with look for underlap. Wingers who stay wide and attacking fullbacks will generally create an overload which can work, but generally leave the flank wide open. In this case you need Defensive FBs.

Every situation is different, though. My last team had a very unbalanced system (much like Arsenal) because of the players I had. I had a Rt Winger on attack, and a RB on attack (their best roles)..then had a defensive winger and a LB who had stays back at all times.:confused:

Wingers are OP, in FM18 at least.
Every time I play a winger with a full back/wing back on support/attack, they just get in each other's way. I usually try to play inside forwards on support with full backs/wing backs on support, but I worry about playing right-footed players as inside forwards on the right. It doesn't seem to get the best out of those players (e.g. Mkhitaryan).

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Every time I play a winger with a full back/wing back on support/attack, they just get in each other's way. I usually try to play inside forwards on support with full backs/wing backs on support, but I worry about playing right-footed players as inside forwards on the right. It doesn't seem to get the best out of those players (e.g. Mkhitaryan).
You should look at preferred moves, intelligence, decisions if they keep ruining into each other.

that is a headache even I faced. Eventually discarded my wingers, and went 3-5-1-1/3-4-3 because my FBs were better players. wingers are a b!tch to get right.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom