• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Manager 2020

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
CM's 99/00 - 01/02 I sunk so many hours into, these FM's I try time and time again and just cannot get into, it all starts off well but after one season I lose all interest.

Obviously they still sell, but personally I wish they had a bit of an overhaul. I get they are more on the realism/simulation side of things but these days I also want a lot of the features LMA and Total Club Manager had, rebuilding stadiums, facilities etc, even buying a car with your weekly wage :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
CM's 99/00 - 01/02 I sunk so many hours into, these FM's I try time and time again and just cannot get into, it all starts off well but after one season I lose all interest.

Obviously they still sell, but personally I wish they had a bit of an overhaul. I get they are more on the realism/simulation side of things but these days I also want a lot of the features LMA and Total Club Manager had, rebuilding stadiums, facilities etc, even buying a car with your weekly wage :lol:

On a very old One (might not even have been CM but rather a poor copy) One of My players got injuries because they dyed their hair!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So I felt nostalgic

I did create a club and brought back Cesc and Rambo
Gonna play a 433

Woj
Bellerin, sok, Juan Jesus, kola
Allan Cesc Rambo
Vitolo. B Silva
H Kane

Bench
Guendozi
Zlatan
Martinelli
Azcipuleta
Bradley

And kept Saka, reiss esr nkeith

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
On a very old One (might not even have been CM but rather a poor copy) One of My players got injuries because they dyed their hair!

Dafuq? I've never seen that so must have been quite a way back :lol:

My first ever manager type game was 'Ultimate Soccer Manager 2', literally spent all nighters on that game!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

LMA you say :drool:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I hate this game

I dont have the patience for it anymore

I only do create a club

But have not had the initial success I crave

Not even with Man City where you pretty much can get anybody

What I do find fun is taking clubs, doing a solid starting XI, a few squadies+ the usual talents but then creating a bunch of 199potential 14yo with Very low CA

But I can only create ones that have a father Still in the game who has played for that club

So I did Real create a club, only won the supercup and cup,2d in the league, 2d in CL

Didnt want to grind for another year so went on holiday for 10years

Starting XI 2029 4231
Miguelito Sal, Hierro, José gimenez, robinho Carlos
Saul Cladio Mak,
Santi Sol Zizou Guti Jr
Raulinho

Invincibles won everything for the last two years
Pretty much all the current stars had circled thru to
They had One crazy regen bought from some german lowlevel club
Pretty much 20s in everything physical/mental and 10-12 in everything else but he was injured

I had done a few others but they were middling except for Fernandito Morientes
2 times golden booth for Liverpool!

Dammit should have continues :p

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hate this game

I dont have the patience for it anymore

I only do create a club

But have not had the initial success I crave

Not even with Man City where you pretty much can get anybody

What I do find fun is taking clubs, doing a solid starting XI, a few squadies+ the usual talents but then creating a bunch of 199potential 14yo with Very low CA

But I can only create ones that have a father Still in the game who has played for that club

So I did Real create a club, only won the supercup and cup,2d in the league, 2d in CL

Didnt want to grind for another year so went on holiday for 10years

Starting XI 2029 4231
Miguelito Sal, Hierro, José gimenez, robinho Carlos
Saul Cladio Mak,
Santi Sol Zizou Guti Jr
Raulinho

Invincibles won everything for the last two years
Pretty much all the current stars had circled thru to
They had One crazy regen bought from some german lowlevel club
Pretty much 20s in everything physical/mental and 10-12 in everything else but he was injured

I had done a few others but they were middling except for Fernandito Morientes
2 times golden booth for Liverpool!

Dammit should have continues :p
pretty cool concept

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I haven’t bought since FM 16. Is this worth it, or is it the same old crap?

If you had FM19 I'd say no but I think enough has changed since FM16 to warrant an upgrade. Others mileage may vary but the match engine is pretty rough at the moment, hopefully it will get updated this month.

Last edited:

juice man

Can't make his mind up
If you had FM19 I'd say no but I thing enough has changed since FM16 to warrant an upgrade. Others mileage may vary but the match engine is pretty rough at the moment, hopefully it will get updated this month.
Thanks. And yeah, read some pretty horrific stuff about the match engine. I think given that I’ll hold off to see if they improve it and hopefully pick it up on sale at that point.

Manberg

Predator
I change tactics, get amazing results for 5 games, then lose games badly after that. Change tactics again, instant response. Rinse and repeat.

Underhill

Is it still absurdly easy? In FM 19 i usually got bored and went on holiday at some point. When i came back 5 years later i had won CL 3 years in a row.

Top Bottom