• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FM 21

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Anyone playing with their mates?

Four of us recently took 4 mid table EPL clubs and fixed our matches to always play at the same time so we don't wait each other.

Most fun i had in years.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
yzdj9to3dfn71.png

...yup.
Nice write up on one of the new features:
"Success doesn't always mean silverware"
A popular quote to recite to any Sp**s fan, but realistically, very few football clubs are fighting for silverware each and every season.

Sports Interactive has teased that Football Manager 2022 will "give you new ways to earn success for your club".

We believe this could involve growing your fan base, which can currently only be achieved once you get to the very top.

Perhaps there will be new elements, including growing your social media following - which will correlate with performances on the pitch.

BobP

Memri Fan
Season 1.png
Season 1-1.png

Up there as one of my greatest saves ever on FM.

One of my best players in Vincenzo Grifo left during the winter transfer window to Hertha Berlin. Little I could do given they were doubling his wages. I replaced him with Lee Jae-sung, who I bought from Holstein Keil for €275,000, but ultimately Roland Sallai took over from Grifo and was our best non-striker attacker. The right side of the team was a bit iffy, failed to get any sort of consistency out of Jeong Woo-yeong and Kwon Chang-hoon. The strikers were incredible. Ermedin Demirović registered 21 goals and 7 assists through the season. The ever-consistent Nils Petersen notched up 20 goals and 7 assists.

The defence was strong which is funny to say given how grim the underlying statistics were, but it could’ve been so much worse. Florian Müller, who was on loan from Mainz, was exceptional.

Some statistics:
  • Scored 74 goals, expected goals for was 54.74. Conceded 57 goals, expected goals against was 44.76.
  • 3rd lowest pass completion rate in the league.
  • Highest conversion rate.
  • Lost possession the most times in the league but also won it back the most times.
  • Made the most interceptions in the league by a mile.
  • 2nd lowest expenditure on wages in the league.
I’ve said this before but FM doesn’t punish you enough for playing reckless and overly aggressive attacking football. I’ve played the same way on FM since 2015 and nothing’s really changed. If you press hard and high with an offside trap and play quick and direct as soon as you win the ball, you basically can’t go wrong. I’ve tried playing passively before in my efforts to emulate Favre but it literally never works.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
View attachment 4701
View attachment 4702

Up there as one of my greatest saves ever on FM.

One of my best players in Vincenzo Grifo left during the winter transfer window to Hertha Berlin. Little I could do given they were doubling his wages. I replaced him with Lee Jae-sung, who I bought from Holstein Keil for €275,000, but ultimately Roland Sallai took over from Grifo and was our best non-striker attacker. The right side of the team was a bit iffy, failed to get any sort of consistency out of Jeong Woo-yeong and Kwon Chang-hoon. The strikers were incredible. Ermedin Demirović registered 21 goals and 7 assists through the season. The ever-consistent Nils Petersen notched up 20 goals and 7 assists.

The defence was strong which is funny to say given how grim the underlying statistics were, but it could’ve been so much worse. Florian Müller, who was on loan from Mainz, was exceptional.

Some statistics:
  • Scored 74 goals, expected goals for was 54.74. Conceded 57 goals, expected goals against was 44.76.
  • 3rd lowest pass completion rate in the league.
  • Highest conversion rate.
  • Lost possession the most times in the league but also won it back the most times.
  • Made the most interceptions in the league by a mile.
  • 2nd lowest expenditure on wages in the league.
I’ve said this before but FM doesn’t punish you enough for playing reckless and overly aggressive attacking football. I’ve played the same way on FM since 2015 and nothing’s really changed. If you press hard and high with an offside trap and play quick and direct as soon as you win the ball, you basically can’t go wrong. I’ve tried playing passively before in my efforts to emulate Favre but it literally never works.
How many players did you fall out with? I thought "distant" was bad until I saw Ronald Araujo listed as an "adversary" to me.

BobP

Memri Fan
How many players did you fall out with? I thought "distant" was bad until I saw Ronald Araujo listed as an "adversary" to me.
None really.

I generally avoided making promises where I could and in the event that I did I would generally try and follow through ASAP.

Also, if a player is really keen on leaving I generally relent no matter how good they are.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts+

Top Bottom