• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football purist thread

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Man Ronaldinho legacy is unmatched, Zizou not far behind. Absolutely no one saying CRKelly7 :lol:

No idea why ESR said Bergkamp tho, he obviously never watched Bergkamp. :lol:

I wonder when Soucek realised he wasn't gonna be like Cesc, but that giant afro guy at Everton/United could be the one for him :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wonder what stat nerds would make of Ronldinho because most of this wouldn't show up on a spreadsheet, a graph or a chart

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

This is arguably one of if not thee best hat trick in history.

I remember watching this live on Sky when I was young, the back drop to it was so important too, if I remember correctly Barcelona were a financial mess during this time and they needed to beat Valenciato qualify for the CL and the money it brings.

Last minute of the game and he does this.

Also this Valencia team were very different too Valencia of today; Ayala, Canizares,Kily Gonzalez, Baraja, Aimar, Angulo, Illie, Carew etc

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Riquelme was such a player in 2006.

Kinda felt like he just gave up playing after that year, like Arshavin did after 2008 :lol:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

This is arguably one of if not thee best hat trick in history.

I remember watching this live on Sky when I was young, the back drop to it was so important too, if I remember correctly Barcelona were a financial mess during this time and they needed to beat Valenciato qualify for the CL and the money it brings.

Last minute of the game and he does this.

Also this Valencia team were very different too Valencia of today; Ayala, Canizares,Kily Gonzalez, Baraja, Aimar, Angulo, Illie, Carew etc
Albelda - Baraja midfield for Valencia in those days was pure quality.

Seem to remember we were linked strongly with Miguel Angulo the year after we got Reyes…he may have failed a medical with us if I remember correctly.

Tir Na Nog

Remember watching this wanting France to win but full sure Brazil were too strong and were gonna go on and win the thing. This performance from Zidane in his 3rd last ever match was absolutely ridiculous. Everything about it is so iconic too, the boots, the ball and in my opinion the greatest world cup.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Remember watching this wanting France to win but full sure Brazil were too strong and were gonna go on and win the thing. This performance from Zidane in his 3rd last ever match was absolutely ridiculous. Everything about it is so iconic too, the boots, the ball and in my opinion the greatest world cup.
My favorite player to watch next to Bergkamp. Type of players that activate a slow-mo aura as soon as they receive a ball. Like they bend time.

Perhaps the best in his position. I watched that close-up docu of him back in 2007 or so. Most people found it boring, but I was mesmerized throughout.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

GOAT performance I’ve ever seen.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

I wonder what stat nerds would make of Ronldinho because most of this wouldn't show up on a spreadsheet, a graph or a chart
Pretty much all that would show up... Assists, big chances created etc.

Still amazing.
This man was peak football during his prime. I don’t think any player peaked as high as he did during that time.

Tir Na Nog

This man was peak football during his prime. I don’t think any player peaked as high as he did during that time.

This is what I mean tho, he did things that literally seemed impossible and probably is to every other player who ever played the game. Not all assists/big chances created are equal. Sure they all result in the same outcome but I'm talking literally doing things you've no right to do when nothing looks on, he's isolated or whatever and all of a sudden he does something crazy to open things up.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

This is what I mean tho, he did things that literally seemed impossible and probably is to every other player who ever played the game. Not all assists/big chances created are equal. Sure they all result in the same outcome but I'm talking literally doing things you've no right to do when nothing looks on, he's isolated or whatever and all of a sudden he does something crazy to open things up.
Money ruined football. Laptop managers destroyed the beautiful game.

Tir Na Nog

Money ruined football. Laptop managers destroyed the beautiful game.

I say it a lot but without Ronaldinho, Zidane and Henry I probably don't even get into football, I wasn't into sports at all and it wasn't forced on me either. I just happened to discover these guys and learned more about the sport after. Like I knew what football was but then you see these guys do stuff that's so amazing, superhuman like and you're just in awe. I'm not sure an 8/9 year old me gets into football with the modern game. Like I can appreciate now as an adult but I'm not sure I'd get as wowed as I did back then.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still think about that goal he scored at Stamford Bridge :lol:

The guy was a genius with the ball at his feet.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He was other-worldly in that time between 2005-2007.

Seemed like he was playing a different sport to others at that time. Just a ridiculously talented player who always had a decisive influence on a game.

Tir Na Nog

It's becoming so so rare that footballers can truly express themselves at the top level anymore. We have to cherish players like Neymar while they're still here.

Top Bottom