• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football purist thread

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He really did have the lot, skill, strength, pace, vision, awareness, accuracy and weight of pass. For a footballer who is universally rated I still feel he is a little underrated if that makes sense.

In terms of pure ability I think only Messi and maybe Maradona are higher.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I read a while ago about Garrincha of those legendary sides of Brazil in 1958 and 1962 World Cups.

I recall reading that Garrincha was apparently just as popular in Brazil like Pele, however it is unfortunate that his career was short and he was always in the shadow of the giant Pele.

@El Duderino could provide more details on him

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I read a while ago about Garrincha of those legendary sides of Brazil in 1958 and 1962 World Cups.

I recall reading that Garrincha was apparently just as popular in Brazil like Pele, however it is unfortunate that his career was short and he was always in the shadow of the giant Pele.

@El Duderino could provide more details on him

Alcohool addiction, he beat his wife, bad legs. Has children he never recognized as his own.

You can still love him as a player, though. A lot of people in Brazil do.

Just think it's fair to mention his personal failures, even when put into the context of times he lived in, in order to view his life as a whole.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Alcohool addiction, he beat his wife, bad legs. Has children he never recognized as his own.

You can still love him as a player, though. A lot of people in Brazil do.

Just think it's fair to mention his personal failures, even when put into the context of times he lived in, in order to view his life as a whole.
Wow, thanks for bringing it up. That sounds shocking.

I never knew of that, the two articles I read only mentioned his highlights, skills and close understanding on the pitch with Pele.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Dimitri Payet maaaaaaaan. Would have loved him at the carpet during those AW years:

Latest posts

Top Bottom