• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football purist thread

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Nah, you’re never going to see anyone like him again. In the world, never mind Arsenal.

Even Mbappe looks crap compared to Henry now. Definitely 2 levels below Henry.

The personality too man, the arrogance he played with was a sight to behold. The way he looks back after dropping the defender at the end of that first vid kills me, he's too funny.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The personality too man, the arrogance he played with was a sight to behold. The way he looks back after dropping the defender at the end of that first vid kills me, he's too funny.
He spoke about it, said it’s a French thing and it comes natural to them, said he saw Cantona do it as a kid.

Van Basten was his favourite player though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

"He's like a man you see playing a violin, he make's it look so easy and simple...then you try to play the violin, and you realise just how talented he is..."

Arsène Wenger on Robert Pires

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I actually remember watching this live, the commentator said something like “a kid they’re really excited about in Barcelona” didn’t think anything of it at the time but the rest is history.

We see so many promising talents make their PL/CL debut etc and get talked up, how many of them actually go on to be great? 🥲

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I actually remember watching this live, the commentator said something like “a kid they’re really excited about in Barcelona” didn’t think anything of it at the time but the rest is history.

We see so many promising talents make their PL/CL debut etc and get talked up, how many of them actually go on to be great? 🥲

I'm pretty sure this was the first game I really noticed Messi, I had watched Barca games previously but more for Ronaldinho. But I definitely remember taking notice of him in this one. I had no idea I was watching the GOAT in the early stages of his career.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
So close to having a contender for both the greatest goal (vs England) and assist of all time

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I remember this when Roberto Carlos and Luisao got dusted.

Also in that same game Roberto Carlos got cooked again by Bernard Mendy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wait, did Pele do the Cruyff Turn first...why is it not named after him?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Wait, did Pele do the Cruyff Turn first...why is it not named after him?
There are plenty of instances of the Cruyff turn being done before Cruyff.

He made it popular as a unique/legit football move though, that's why its attributed to him. Just because something is attributed to a person, doesn't mean that person is the first to have performed it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Man Ronaldinho legacy is unmatched, Zizou not far behind. Absolutely no one saying CRKelly7 :lol:

No idea why ESR said Bergkamp tho, he obviously never watched Bergkamp. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom