• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football Superstars

Alfonso

Established Member
I recentley read a article about this latest potential 'online phenomenon' in the August edition of 4-4-2 magazine. Basically, its a MMORPG( Massively Online Role-Playing Game) to be launched in Spring 2008. Its different from normal footie games because rather than controlling a team ala Pro Evo or Champ Man, you create a single player and guide him from lower league obscurity to Premiership superstardom. But there is a lot more..

"Football Superstars will capture the magic of the game on the pitch while bringing football lifestyle elements like fame, fortune and glory".

"Everyone starts life as if they've just joined a football club, you play in a team where all the other players expect the keeper are controlled by different online gamers. All your opponents will be made up of 10 individually controlled players".

So I assume it means in between the games you can go to shops and buy the latest designer gear and hit the clubs to pick up the hottest page 3 model, or even play some golf in between training and contract negotiations!

They are also thinking about making a managerial equivalent of this format as well.

Btw, I dont have shares in this project before anyone says anything :wink:...I just think that it could be potentially ground breaking and is an alternative from the usual footie related games on the market. Anyone think this could catch on?

Anyway, more information is on their website:

www.footballsuperstars.com

http://www.footballsuperstars.com/community.html

Christofaux

zomg the game of a lifetime if done right

From the FAQ

Will the game be sold in retail shops like Game and Virgin?
The game will be downloadable for free. However, we are also looking into alternative distribution methods and suitable partners. As yet, we have made no firm commitment beyond making sure it will be as accessible as possible to everyone who wants to play the game.

this is good and bad, good because i only have to pay for World of Warcraft but bad b ecause the quality of the game may not be as high as first hoped.

Lukazan

Established Member
Sounds spliffing in theory but I'm a little skeptic.

For it to be even a decent game it's going to have to be one hell of a big download....

stuart

Established Member
I too saw this in 4-4-2 ...i got quite excited. I'll certainly give it a go but it might take a few years and a few editions of it before they get it up to scratch

entropy13

Established Member
I've just noticed now that Alfonso missed the second 'M' in MMORPG. It's Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. :p

I've registered to this already...

Nutsy

Established Member
I've registered to this already. How the heck are you going to download the game really?

N!

Gunners_Nadz said:
I've registered to this already. How the heck are you going to download the game really?

Click download at 7pm in the evening, go down the pub for a few hours, get home, wiggle the mouse to stop it going into power save mode, go to bed. Then in theory it should have downloaded by the time you wake up.

Either that or sit at your computer for hours on end and get a constant stream of lucozade mixed with coffee.

nazo

Established Member
I registered too. It's like new star soccer but online. NSS is addictive and i think a new version is coming out in a month or two.

nazo

Established Member
N! said:
Gunners_Nadz said:

Click download at 7pm in the evening, go down the pub for a few hours, get home, wiggle the mouse to stop it going into power save mode, go to bed. Then in theory it should have downloaded by the time you wake up.

Either that or sit at your computer for hours on end and get a constant stream of lucozade mixed with coffee.

Can you even download it yet?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
N! said:
Gunners_Nadz said:

or you can hook up with this 75 year old lady

A 75 year old woman from Karlstad in central Sweden has been thrust into the IT history books - with the world's fastest internet connection.

Sigbritt Löthberg's home has been supplied with a blistering 40 Gigabits per second connection, many thousands of times faster than the average residential link and the first time ever that a home user has experienced such a high speed.
Related Articles
Camera thief caught on film
10th August 2007
Gravedigger dies after falling in grave
8th August 2007
Angry beavers frighten bathers
8th August 2007
Article Options
Send to a friend
Printable version
Submit to Digg.com

But Sigbritt, who had never had a computer until now, is no ordinary 75 year old. She is the mother of Swedish internet legend Peter Löthberg who, along with Karlstad Stadsnät, the local council's network arm, has arranged the connection.

Nutsy

Established Member
^^ Rocafella. Don't ask :lol:

At some point, bringing myself to pub is equivalent to sleep in my bed. Booze....

Top Bottom