• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Forget About It.

outlaw_member

Established Member
"Aaaah" was probably the common cry amongst most Gooners after seeing the horrific injury, Eduardo sustained at the hands of Martin Taylor. I missed the incident, only to tune in with Eduardo on the floor whilst Taylor was being given his marching orders. Obviously this brought to me, a great feeling of delight, as an easy tie got even easier. This emotion than came to a premature end, as Eduardo had not moved for several minutes, which started making me and everyone watching, extremely anxious. As I was unaware of what had happened, coupled with the reactions of Cesc and especially Ade, all I could think of was, Puerta and Foe. I unfortunatly saw both these players collapse whilst watching there respective games, so surely it was not going to be the 3rd time. The stoppage had lasted for over 5 minutes, and as the seconds counted on, my heart raced faster and faster. Finally the Croatian was capable of being moved, and was quickly transported to the nearest hospital. With no further news, one could only pray and tears were also touching my eyes. However, as the commentators discussed the incident in more detail, thankfully any ideas of possible death were quickly dispelled. The game was than ordered to continue. The players still reeling from the incidents they had just witnessed, allowed a 10 man, relegation threatened team to take a 1-0 lead at the interval. With a 5 point lead to protect, the day had gone from worse to unbearable.

The 2nd half started much better, the team looked far more composed and threatening. Theo than scored from an Ade knockdown to equalise, scoring his 1st EPL goal. Minutes later he scored a stunning 2nd goal to take us into the lead. On a another day Theo's contribution would have been lauded, and rightly so. However his performance was overshadowed by all the other incidents in the match. We than went on and blew the lead again, for the 2nd time this season against Birmingham. We were guilty, like in the past for failing to put the opposition to the sword and not converting our infinite chances. A 5 point lead was reduced to a 3 point lead by the end of the day. At least we were still top, which was the only real consolation to the barren week.

So with the week finally over, we had lost 4-0 to our biggest rivals, in probably the worse team performance, I had witnessed by Arsenal. Optimism was than gained througout the game against Milan in midweek, only for us to come back emptyhanded after truly dominating the Rossoneri. To end the week we had lost a player to a horrific injury, whilst dropping points in the league. The last week by all means need to be forgotten, not only by the fans but the players too. Dwelling on something which has already happened, is not going to help in anyway.

So, looking forward to our next 2 games, we will have a chance to put the last week behind us, and get one game closer to lifting the EPL crown. Aston Villa stands between us and 3 points, so I fully expect the players to put in a great showing as the current generation is not one to shy away from difficulties. After out 1st defeat of the season against Sevilla, I said that if we reacted with a win in the following game, we will win the title. My stance has not changed since than. It would be a great shame, if we never lifted the title this season, however the players have stood up, when counted, so I think they will deliver.

Several day's after the game at the Emirates, we will have one more crack at the CL holders Milan. After there poor showing at the Emirates, they will no doubt want to improve there performance at the San Siro. The San Siro is a stunning stadia, during a CL tie, so it will no doubt be an intimidating environment for the players. Many will draw comparisons to the games against Real Madrid, but they forget one huge difference. Henry led the line against Los Merengues, whereas we have Adebayor this time, who is yet to score a CL goal. Only the woodwork stopped him last time round, so hopefully lady luck will be on our side on Tuesday. If we can dispose of the champions, we will have such a boost, similar to the one we gained after the Madrid ties, which will enhance our CL ambitions. This team is undoubtedly going to make Arsenal history and win the CL. The only question is, will it be this season. Tuesday will go a long way in deciding our CL and possibly even our Prem fate. We have alot to play for this season, so Edu should be left alone to concentrate on his recuperation and the last 3 results should be forgotten immediately.

CHOPS

Nice post mate,i second your sentiments,the last three matches should be forgotten and pushed out of sight,so we can fully focus on what we have left to do.
Only our character will tell how we're going to handle the future,hopefully we romp away with the EPL and the CL the events of the last ten days or so have happened for a reason it should make us more solid as a team so we can go on and live our dream.

James

Established Member
Summed up the past week well, but couldn't help but feel a great deal of irony throughout the article.

James

Established Member
Just here:

outlaw_member said:
We have alot to play for this season, so Edu should be left alone to concentrate on his recuperation and the last 3 results should be forgotten immediately.

A

Anonymous

Outlaw member, are you interested in having your articles posted on the main site, if they're relevant?

Please let me know, as we're currently looking for people to write for the site.

Thanks.

outlaw_member

Established Member
jonathanchong said:
Outlaw member, are you interested in having your articles posted on the main site, if they're relevant?

Please let me know, as we're currently looking for people to write for the site.

Thanks.

Definitely, I am studying to become a Sports Journalist. So writing on this site would give me invaluable experience.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
outlaw_member said:
jonathanchong said:

Thanks.

Definitely, I am studying to become a Sports Journalist. So writing on this site would give me invaluable experience.
Really? Good for you; best of luck with that Outlaw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom