• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Formation 20/21 Season

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Attacking midfielder is part of the midfield genius.

It's different to midfield 3. The attacking midfield that I mentioned & the article mentioned is the one play behind striker in 4231. Not in 433 or 4141.

Sancho can play AM of behind the striker so does that mean he can play in midfield 3 too?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I now just felt what happen if I talk to some of those regular people in AFTV & United Stand YouTube.
That grammar suggests you're in no place to be laughing at anybodies speech tbh.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's different to midfield 3. The attacking midfield that I mentioned & the article mentioned is the one play behind striker in 4231. Not in 433 or 4141.

Sancho can play AM of behind the striker so does that mean he can play in midfield 3 too?

I think the idea is Willian will play in-between Xhaka and Partey and whoever is up front. In defense he can come back and pressure the CMs of the opposing team, in attack he can look to get beyond them in between the lines and advance the ball with movement and receiving the ball or carrying the ball himself

Not that complicated

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Think we will go to 433 with two 8s, and at times a 4231. The back 3 will largely be phased out aside from a few games.

Excited for Willian/Saka as they will have the versatility to play wide in the front 3 and also as 8s in midfield.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I think the idea is Willian will play in-between Xhaka and Partey and whoever is up front. In defense he can come back and pressure the CMs of the opposing team, in attack he can look to get beyond them in between the lines and advance the ball with movement and receiving the ball or carrying the ball himself

Not that complicated

I saw your formation with Xhaka & Partey as pivot. I have no issue with it.

The one who posted it on first page was the one doesn't make sense.
such as
Ceballos - Willian
----- Partey -------

Coutinho - Willian
----- Partey -------

Pyres7

I have explained it before the difference between Giggs & Willian.

One of the asset what Giggs can do but Willian can't do in that midfield.

Watch this video:

Should be apparent from the first couple of minutes that Willian isn't a traditional 'hug-the-touchline and cross it in' winger. Just look at how often he drifts inside and turns into a CAM in that video. A traditional winger might find it hard to play well in a central position, but Willian is an all rounder who has plenty of experience playing as a CAM, and even likes moving into the middle of the pitch from a wide starting position.

Also his short passing as always been top notch, also apparent in that video. You don't need to hit 30 yard long passes. That's more important for one of the deep midfielders or for a midfield 2.

He's also always been a hard worker who gets back and defends well. Add that all together and you've got everything you need to play as a number 8.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I now just felt what happen if I talk to some of those regular people in AFTV & United Stand YouTube.

You think your opinion is superior despite our manager, who intellectually is on a different planet to you and I, said Willian can play in 4 positions.

That there is where the argument ends.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You think your opinion is superior despite our manager, who intellectually is on a different planet to you and I, said Willian can play in 4 positions.

That there is where the argument ends.

Would never said it if some of you lot didn't insult in the first place.

What is this your manager being involved in the argument for no reason? Making things up aren't you.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would never said it if some of you lot didn't insult in the first place.

What is this your manager being involved in the argument for no reason? Making things up aren't you.

No, he literally said Willian can play and will be used in up to 4 positions :lol:

That isn't making things up, that's giving you facts from a man who knows what he's doing.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's trolling tbh.

Could care less where Willian plays anyways who even gives a sh*t.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
‘We have been monitoring him for the past few months, we had a clear intention to strengthen in the attacking midfielder and the winger positions [and] he is a player that gives us a lot of versatility, he can play in three or four different positions.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/14/mike...-transfer-position-news-13127828/?ito=cbshare

RW/LW/AM and in a midfield 3 are the four positions.

This is what the article says:

Willian has spent the majority of his time at Chelsea playing on the right wing but reportedly feels his best position is in a more central role behind the striker."

‘We have been monitoring him for the past few months, we had a clear intention to strengthen in the attacking midfielder and the winger positions

Nothing he said about midfield 3 or that no 8. He clearly just mentioned 3 or 4 different position but the most obvious ones he mentioned are the attacking roles, ''attacking midfielder'' and ''winger''.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is what the article says:

Nothing he said about midfield 3 or that no 8. He clearly just mentioned 3 or 4 different position but the most obvious ones he mentioned are the attacking roles, ''attacking midfielder'' and ''winger''.

And what don't you understand about being the attacking midfielder in a midfield three? You arguing for absolutely no reason now :lol::lol:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
And what don't you understand about being the attacking midfielder in a midfield three? You arguing for absolutely no reason now :lol::lol:

There is a good reason why the article starts with mentioning central role behind the striker.

Playing midfield in midfield 3 is more of a midfielder than attacker. While Wllian is more in the category of attacker.

During the defensive transition, the player need to know how to defend without the ball by positioning and defensive awareness in the middle of the pitch, without them, he'll just be chasing players like headless chicken defensively or ball watching due to lack the ability to sense the danger.

On the other hand, playing in the hole behind striker during the defensive transition, the player doesn't defend the same approach.

Dj_sds -

There is a good reason why the article starts with mentioning central role behind the striker.

Playing midfield in midfield 3 is more of a midfielder than attacker. While Wllian is more in the category of attacker.

During the defensive transition, the player need to know how to defend without the ball by positioning and defensive awareness in the middle of the pitch, without them, he'll just be chasing players like headless chicken defensively or ball watching due to lack the ability to sense the danger.

On the other hand, playing in the hole behind striker during the defensive transition, the player doesn't defend the same approach.

Guardiola often plays am's at cm, both Silva's for example. Willian has the technical qualities to play there as well.

Ifly_Gooner

I don't know why we are talking about Coutinho and Partey in the formations. They are far from being done deals. With the team that we currently possess 3 at the back is key. We have way too many error prone defenders to play 2 at the back. Saliba is too young and should be eased into the team. My choice would be to stick with the same lineup because I don't see a place for Willian currently unless we do some more signings and have a change of formation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom