Forum Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Trilly, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Didn’t really know where to post this (mods feel free to move stuff wherever) but this will probably get the most traffic.

Anyway, here’s my first bright idea: Community Voting

For every match we give players individual ratings. The ratings are then aggregated and each player gets an average score. Using that average score we can then calculate community MOTM, community player of the month/season as well as the opposite (I say we call it wasteman of the week/month/season etc).

I think the forum’s large enough that the trolls wouldn’t have too large an influence on the voting and it would lead to plenty of talking points. I’m not sure how it would work though, doing it manually would be a bit too much work for the mods but if the forum had some kind of functionality for it that would be great.

2. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Second bright idea: Update only threads in the transfer forum.

I’ve already mentioned this once during summer but may as well say it again. A lot of the player threads were full of BS and reminiscing, I had no problems with it but I know some people would log on excited to see 30 new pages only to discover it was BS.

If we had separate threads for players we were linked to where we could only post updates from respectable sources (tier 3 and above maybe?) then that would help a lot of people out. There would be no discussion on these threads though, we would still use the normal player threads for that. The mods are already doing something similar with the thread titles but that’s only for the most recent update.

TromsoGooner, Garrincha and Camron like this.
  3. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

I would suggest to separate match thread to live match and post match threads.

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Nah clogs everything up imo.

celestis likes this.
  5. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

I don't know, but every sports forum which I read/use, has this feature. Reddit the same. After match end, match thread is locked and new post match thread is opened.

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

:lol:

Trilly likes this.
  7. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Trilly nicked that second idea off someone else but i think they're both pretty good ideas all the same.

8. say yes

say yes To VAR

Close the lobby and move the ‘introduce yourself here’ thread somewhere where people will actually read it.

What’s the point of an entire sub-forum with one thread? Just clutter.

Completely agree with @Trilly ’s first idea, match voting would be great. I like the transfer threads the way they are though. Works well so long as the titles are updated by a mod whenever anything actually happens.

9. rich 1990

I'd like a dislike button and then award the person with the most dislikes over the course of the season with the most unpopular AM'er tagline.

El Duderino, Token Yank and razörist like this.
  10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Brilliant ideas. I vote yes.

11. say yes

say yes To VAR

There are also too many pinned threads at the top of the forum. In that regard:

1. I’d move the ‘merci wenger’ thread to a ‘Arsenal history’ sub-forum where people can discuss him / old matches / ex-players etc. It’s the second season without him now.

2. We don’t need a general Arsenal fitness thread. Should just discuss each player’s fitness in their own threads which is usually what happens anyway.

3. Similarly, would ditch a collective loan thread and discuss each loaned player (like Nketiah) in their own player threads- maybe use the new academy sub-forum for loanees too. There’s enough interest in these guys to make it work.

12. American_Gooner

Why not debate and try to refute someone instead of just 'disliking'?

13. rich 1990

I haven't done that for 10 years and i'm not changing now.

say yes likes this.
  14. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

I really wish the status's and recent posts were swapped around as well.

15. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Glass Half Empty

"Pepe deal called off" :lol:

say yes likes this.
  16. American_Gooner

[​IMG]

17. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Agree on the pinned threads point.

say yes likes this.
  18. rich 1990

Fine, i'll get Lets play to carry out his coup and overthrow you.

19. American_Gooner

My boy Yousif banned him

Beksl and Vinci like this.
  20. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Please don't.

Before you know it he starts tagging a hundred people again in his craving for attention.

BigPoppaPump likes this.