• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Forum Ideas Thread

Preacher

Always Crying
Mr Chong, interesting.
Looks like that he was the first owner. Since 2014 "Snack Media'' is running the show.

Snack Media’s management team are passionate about working with like-minded sites to grow their online communities, traffic and in turn the revenues, whilst delivering a first class editorial product for avid fans. The network provides an opportunity to share best practice while supporting one another, sharing experiences and knowledge.

Over the coming months, Snack Media will be devoting concerted time and effort into rolling out a series of improvements across the Arsenal Mania site to bring it up to date, with a raft of technical enhancements, performance upgrades, a mobile-optimised version of the site and increased editorial output.

Niall Coen, M.D said: “Snack Media have been working with Arsenal Mania since October 2012, so it’s a site we know well. We believe it has huge potential, previously overlooked by the former owners. Bringing it in-house where we have editorial, technical and design resource made it more viable for us to manage and help it flourish once again.”

Commenting upon Snack Media’s takeover of the Arsenal Mania website, redwhiteAustrian – a member of the Arsenal Mania forum since 2009 – said “A big thanks to you (Snack Media) for giving me some hope that things have changed for the better.”

Worse than KSE aka Kroenke.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t really know where to post this (mods feel free to move stuff wherever) but this will probably get the most traffic.

Anyway, here’s my first bright idea: Community Voting

For every match we give players individual ratings. The ratings are then aggregated and each player gets an average score. Using that average score we can then calculate community MOTM, community player of the month/season as well as the opposite (I say we call it wasteman of the week/month/season etc).

I think the forum’s large enough that the trolls wouldn’t have too large an influence on the voting and it would lead to plenty of talking points. I’m not sure how it would work though, doing it manually would be a bit too much work for the mods but if the forum had some kind of functionality for it that would be great.
Mate. Love the idea. I tried it along time ago. Got very
Didn’t really know where to post this (mods feel free to move stuff wherever) but this will probably get the most traffic.

Anyway, here’s my first bright idea: Community Voting

For every match we give players individual ratings. The ratings are then aggregated and each player gets an average score. Using that average score we can then calculate community MOTM, community player of the month/season as well as the opposite (I say we call it wasteman of the week/month/season etc).

I think the forum’s large enough that the trolls wouldn’t have too large an influence on the voting and it would lead to plenty of talking points. I’m not sure how it would work though, doing it manually would be a bit too much work for the mods but if the forum had some kind of functionality for it that would be great.
https://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/motm-thread.26412/

Unsuccessfully tried this in my very early days. Little support from above.

Page 5 kinda hammers down who the issue was with at the time.

Last edited:

Balboa

In the transfer forum, have a separate, dedicated thread where there is no discussion, just a list of new transfer rumours in or out as they come up, so that people can catch up quickly on what's being discussed.

Gunners21

Mate. Love the idea. I tried it along time ago. Got very

https://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/motm-thread.26412/

Unsuccessfully tried this in my very early days. Little support from above.

Page 5 kinda hammers down who the issue was with at the time.

i think a poll would be more efficient

community get to chose among the 11 / 14 players on who should get MOTM

Doubt the forum has the capability to allow every person to score each individual player.. and the system will auto tally and display only the average points

Latest posts+

Top Bottom