Forum upgrade completed !!!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator
Amazing work @albakos, took a bit of getting use to after using the old look for so long.

Only tweak I’d make is changing the text colour to white on the pagination.
I go right to the latest page. The new "feature" will make me load an extra page most times, I guess.
Which theme are you seeing this: Light or Dark ?
Not sure I understand the issue here, but can you check again ?
I changed the way the page navigation looks for mobile devices

Penn_

Established Member
Which theme are you seeing this: Light or Dark ?
Not sure I understand the issue here, but can you check again ?
I changed the way the page navigation looks for mobile devices
Light theme

This is the class with the dark text colour if it helps.

.pageNav-page.pageNav-page--current

freeglennhelder2

Amazing work @albakos, took a bit of getting use to after using the old look for so long.

Only tweak I’d make is changing the text colour to white on the pagination.
Came here to post the same. The page indicator (the bit that says something like “page 8 of 9”) the text is grey and background is red, can’t see the text. Switching to night mode solves the issue.

TBF I am a night person.

Great work anyway, much appreciated.

vzubkovi

Dear Arsenal Mania users !

As we informed you recently, we are glad to inform you that the upgrade of the forum to a new version is now complete

You will notice plenty of new features, some very visible enhancements in previous settings as well as more flexibility in your overall forum experience.

A quick overview of some new features:

Dark theme
This was one of the features that was requested for a long time and it is here. Use the lightbulb icon to switch between Light theme and Dark theme.
Use the other two buttons for more flexibility options ;)
View attachment 2077

Threadmarks - another excellent feature, useful for matchdays, transfer rumours, important activities etc.

View attachment 2078

Post reactions - offer a new way to interact with the posts. None of these reactions reduce your total reaction score i.e. there are no negative reactions
View attachment 2079

Post bookmarks
Useful if there's ever another #NobodyisSafe campaign :p
View attachment 2080

Personalized profile banners
Allows you to put a your own mark in the profile area
View attachment 2093

There are many more features that I encourage you to look around and experience.
This process ( #TrustTheProcess :) ) has been going for over 2 months and we're excited we've done it.

"Handbrake off" and enjoy the new forum

#HereWeGo #AnnounceNewForum

Is it possible to see page numbers of the threads on mobile version? Now, when you open a thread you are on the first page and then have to click on the last.

albakos

Administrator
Is it possible to see page numbers of the threads on mobile version? Now, when you open a thread you are on the first page and then have to click on the last.
You may click the middle button ... and select the page you wish to check. Due to smaller size screen and responsive page adjustments, having more navbar buttons will make the whole div to shift.

20210303_204532.jpg

albakos

Administrator
Small issue:

it seems for me that dark mode inverts the color scheme for embedded tweets.

Eg: Embedded tweets are white when using the forums dark mode option.

FYI: I'm also on dark mode on my phone btw. Thought maybe I had my phone switched to light mode, but it's white for both modes (on my phone).

When I switch the forum to light mode the tweet becomes dark.

FYI @Camron and @El Duderino I finally found the issue of inverted color when using light/dark themes.

Check this sample tweet and switch the themes to see the correct background colors of embedded tweets

DavidHillier

Must say, the format looks a lot nicer on here now. Rather more aesthetically pleasing, one might say.

My compliments to the upgrading chef

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted
97737e3874326d2b93a11379f16caab7.gif

albakos

Administrator
@albakos Is there any chance we get the EPL table back on the pages? I liked watching us go up and down that number 10 spot. ;)
I'll look into that, but I'd hate to make way for more table positions, if we drop below 10th 👎

Moah

I'll look into that, but I'd hate to make way for more table positions, if we drop below 10th 👎
Of course, there will be no need to add those below 10th. Top 10 should be the least of expectations for Arsenal Football Club.

albakos

Administrator
Of course, there will be no need to add those below 10th. Top 10 should be the least of expectations for Arsenal Football Club.
I added the table, but on the Dark mode it is having an issue with text color.
Since the table is embedded from an outside platform, we have no control of the styling/display.

I suggest whenever you want to look at the table, you switch to the Light mode and see the light (our table position) ☀️

Moah

Thank you for that! I am not having any problem while using the dark mode so it works great. Kudos to you my friend, you are doing wonders!!!

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
I added the table, but on the Dark mode it is having an issue with text color.
Since the table is embedded from an outside platform, we have no control of the styling/display.

I suggest whenever you want to look at the table, you switch to the Light mode and see the light (our table position) ☀️

I just noticed you added the PL table to the sidebar.
Might I suggest that this season may not have been the best season to make that inclusion. Who needs that depressive sight every time they log on?

I'm not asking for it to be removed, though.

albakos

Administrator
I just noticed you added the PL table to the sidebar.
Might I suggest that this season may not have been the best season to make that inclusion. Who needs that depressive sight every time they log on?

I'm not asking for it to be removed, though.
How about if I limit it to Top 4 positions ( which was ridiculed during Arsène) and it'll be some achievement if we ever get to see our team there in next few seasons 😋

Riou

A-M's Resident Jobber
Trusted
@albakos

Nice addition to have a background photo, don't know if you could have this before...but at the minute once I find something I didn't know I could do before, my initial response is to thank you :lol:

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
How about if I limit it to Top 4 positions ( which was ridiculed during Arsène) and it'll be some achievement if we ever get to see our team there in next few seasons 😋

There you go depressing me again. How about we treat this season like a bad dream. Hopefully we'll wake up next September, or someone will put us out of our misery. :pray:

IchirotoV2

The forum looks great! Good work!

On another note; on mobile (both chrome and the app) the autoplaying video at the top of each page gets put in the corner of the screen when scrolling down through pages. It covers up parts of the page. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Latest posts

Match Prediction

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 44 88.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Fulham Win

Votes: 2 4.0%