• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Aevi

Hale End FC
FPL is out for the upcoming season so I went ahead and created a league for the forum, and the code is 6612-3622. I'll eventually move this to the main page to garner more attention.

Big news at first glance: Salah and Sterling are mad expensive. Tosun is mad cheap. The promoted teams' big players are a bit pricy this year. Chambers could be tasty at 4.5 if he really is huge in Emery's plans.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just letting you guys know that I finished in the top 900 in the world, top 300 in England and the top 100 for Arsenal fans.:p

I had no plans to play FPL again (it got slightly stressful towards the end of last season) but an A-M league could be fun if we get a good turn out.

Mkhi at only 7.0m, if he's a starter that's an absolute bargain!

Fabianski at 4.5m as well, he was the third highest-scoring keeper in FPL last year.

CanadianGooner1608

Yeah... I'm in a league with some mates.
I'm definitely joining this one as well.

Fully expecting to be destroyed by you guys, but I'm a two times champ with that other league.

And I'm mad competitive.

Consider yourselves warned :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
89 people in thus far, pretty good turnout considering the forum page it was in is dead. Putting it here now for exposure's sake.

Weird thing about this is that I only see like 2 names in common with usernames on this site, so it just looks like a load of randos :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
On the topic of FPL though, what are you guys looking like atm? Salah in or out seems like the big talking point going into the season, and I've opted to take him. Auba is the only Arsenal player I have atm.

neimad

On the topic of FPL though, what are you guys looking like atm? Salah in or out seems like the big talking point going into the season, and I've opted to take him. Auba is the only Arsenal player I have atm.

He's owned by 51.2% currently. Seems a big chance to take to leave him out if he hits the ground running. Flirted with the idea at the start but I'll keep him in for the first few weeks anyways.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's owned by 51.2% currently. Seems a big chance to take to leave him out if he hits the ground running. Flirted with the idea at the start but I'll keep him in for the first few weeks anyways.
What other premium players have you put in? I've got Sane, Auba, and Robertson with mid-range players filling out the rest of the ranks.

neimad

What other premium players have you put in? I've got Sane, Auba, and Robertson with mid-range players filling out the rest of the ranks.

I've Salah, Auba, Robertson and aul **** head Sanchez. Might swap him yet though. I've gone through 30 different teams at this stage.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'm in.

Fabianski, Boruc
Alonso, Cresswell, Robertson, Mawson, Dunk
Son, Ramsey, Seri, Milivojevic, Lingard
Kane, Aubameyang, Calvert-Lewin

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm in.

Although I will probably forget it even exists by GW6 like I usually do :lol:

Hopefully not this season

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm in.

Fabianski, Boruc
Alonso, Cresswell, Robertson, Mawson, Dunk
Son, Ramsey, Seri, Milivojevic, Lingard
Kane, Aubameyang, Calvert-Lewin
That team needs some serious work my friend. I'll break it down from top to bottom.

Fabianski is a fine choice and a steal at his price considering his past point hauls, but his fixtures are so poor you could do with an alternative choice early on to pair him up with. Patricio at Wolves or Foster at Watford rotate with him rather nicely. Now, you could go with only Fabianski if you're low on funds as he does still occasionally get strong save points in tough fixtures, but in that case I'd get Steele at Brighton instead of Boruc as he has low ownership and is thus less likely to fall in price. If you free up funds and can go more expensive, Pickford at Everton or Ederson at City are fine stand-alone options (as alternatives to Fabianski).

In defense, I'd 100% drop Alonso. His big attraction in the past two years has come from Chelsea's strong defense and his advanced LWB position under Conte, but Sarri plays a back 4 and isn't as reputed defensively. You're pretty much guaranteed he won't be as good as he was, so if you want to go with a Chelsea defender I'd save money and go for David Luiz or Rudiger. I personally wouldn't go with any Chelsea defender at all though, and recommend Mendy at City or Bailly at United, both of which seem to be starters going into the season. Mendy in particular looks like he'll offer some good attacking returns, as he bombs forward in possession while Walker stays behind. Robertson is a good pick. Cresswell is not the best pick considering West Ham's very difficult opening fixtures, so if I were you, I'd trade him in for a Burnley defender like Tarkowski or Mee. Mawson and Dunk are alright, but you'd be better off saving some money on one of them (probably Mawson who I just remembered is injured) and get in Wan-Bissaka at Crystal Palace for a cheap 4.0. Otherwise, some good 4.5 options include Doherty at Wolves (who plays LWB), Tomkins at Crystal Palace or maybe Kabasele at Watford.

You're midfield also doesn't look so hot. Son won't be playing Tottenham's opening games (bar maybe the first one iirc) because he's going to go play in some Asian Cup, so he's a no-go. Ramsey will also be out for a game or two, Seri probably won't pick up many actual goals or assists even if he is talented, Milivojevic relies heavily on Zaha getting him pens, and Lingard might not start right away because of the World Cup. So you might really want to bin them all if I'm honest. I'd recommend getting a top player in there like Salah (who you can raise funds for by dropping Kane, which I'll get to in a moment) or Mane if you want more funds elsewhere. Alexis at Utd is a decent shout considering he'll be the main main for them to kickstart the season (and he's had a good preseason). A City mid like Sane or Mahrez would be good too even if they are rotated, though I'd get KdB once it's clear he's fully back from the World Cup. Özil is also good and a bit cheaper, though we do have two tough fixtures to get through. In the cheaper price bracket, Jota at Wolves, Richarlison at Everton, or maybe Pedro at Chelsea (if you bet on him getting minutes). And then in the really cheap range, Hughes at Watford, Cairney at Fulham, and Pritchard at Huddersfield are attacking mids for their respective clubs and could pick you up some points if you're lucky. Obviously, you can't fit all the guys I just listed into you're squad, but you could make a good mix by picking players at different price levels (I went expensive to cheap).

And then for your attack, I'd drop Kane and Calvert-Lewin. Tottenham are notoriously slow starters and with the massive amount of players they had in the late stages of the World Cup, they've had little preparation going into the season. They've also not strengthened their team in the transfer window as of yet. I'd thus hold off on Kane for now until it's clear Tottenham are on their feet. Calvert-Lewin meanwhile won't be getting as many minutes this year as he did last year because they've now got Tosun, and Everton have been very poor in preseason (bar Richarlison apparently). To replace Kane, you could either put the money you spent on him into midfield instead (in Salah especially) or get Aguero in, who is notoriously lethal and just trampled Chelsea in the Community Shield game. For Calvert-Lewin, I'd either get someone really cheap for the bench like Kamara at Fulham (who will probably start and get you small points if need be) or more expensive like Wood at Burnley, Arnautovic at West Ham (they look good in attack under Pellegrini), or Zaha at Crystal Palace. If you somehow have even more funds, Firmino at Liverpool is good value at 9.5.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That team needs some serious work my friend. I'll break it down from top to bottom.

Fabianski is a fine choice and a steal at his price considering his past point hauls, but his fixtures are so poor you could do with an alternative choice early on to pair him up with. Patricio at Wolves or Foster at Watford rotate with him rather nicely. Now, you could go with only Fabianski if you're low on funds as he does still occasionally get strong save points in tough fixtures, but in that case I'd get Steele at Brighton as he has low ownership and is thus less likely to fall in price. If you free up funds and can go more expensive, Pickford at Everton or Ederson at City are fine stand-alone options.

In defense, I'd 100% drop Alonso. His big attraction in the past two years has come from Chelsea's strong defense and his advanced RWB position under Conte, but Sarri plays a back 4 and isn't as reputed defensively. You're pretty much guaranteed he won't be as good as he was, so if you want to go with a Chelsea defender I'd save money and go for David Luiz or Rudiger. I personally wouldn't go with any Chelsea defender at all though, and recommend Mendy at City or Bailly at United, both of which seem to be starters going into the season. Mendy in particular looks like he'll offer some good attacking returns, as he bombs forward in possession while Walker stays behind. Robertson is a good pick. Cresswell is not the best pick considering West Ham's very difficult opening fixtures, so if I were you, I'd trade him in for a Burnley defender like Tarkowski or Mee. Mawson and Dunk are alright, but you'd be better off saving some money on one of them (probably Mawson who I just remembered is injured) and get in Wan-Bissaka at Crystal Palace for a cheap 4.0. Otherwise, some good 4.5 options include Doherty at Wolves (who plays LWB), Tomkins at Crystal Palace or maybe Kabasele at Watford.

You're midfield also doesn't look so hot. Son won't be playing Tottenham's opening games (bar maybe the first one iirc) because he's going to go play in some Asian Cup, so he's a no-go. Ramsey will also be out for a game or two, Seri probably won't pick up many actual goals or assists even if he is talented, Milivojevic relies heavily on Zaha getting him pens, and Lingard might not start right away because of the World Cup. So you might really want to bin them all if I'm honest. I'd recommend getting a top player in there like Salah (who you can raise funds for by dropping Kane, which I'll get to in a moment) or Mane if you want more funds elsewhere. Alexis at Utd is a decent shout considering he'll be the main main for them to kickstart the season (and he's had a good preseason). A City mid like Sane or Mahrez would be good too even if they are rotated, though I'd get KdB once it's clear he's fully back from the World Cup. Özil is also good and a bit cheaper, though we do have two tough fixtures to get through. In the cheaper price bracket, Jota at Wolves, Richarlison at Everton, or maybe Pedro at Chelsea (if you bet on him getting minutes). And then in the really cheap range, Hughes at Watford, Cairney at Fulham, and Pritchard at Huddersfield are attacking mids for their respective clubs and could pick you up some points if you're lucky. Obviously, you can't fit all the guys I just listed into you're squad, but you could make a good mix by picking players at different price levels (I went expensive to cheap).

And then for your attack, I'd drop Kane and Calvert-Lewin. Tottenham are notoriously slow starters and with the massive amount of players they had in the late stages of the World Cup, they've had little preparation going into the season. They've also not strengthened their team in the transfer window as of yet. I'd thus hold off on Kane for now until it's clear Tottenham are on their feet. Calvert-Lewin meanwhile won't be getting as many minutes this year as he did last year because they've now got Tosun, and Everton have been very poor in preseason (bar Richarlison apparently). To replace Kane, you could either put the money you spent on him into midfield instead (in Salah especially) or get Aguero in, who is notoriously lethal and just trampled Chelsea in the Community Shield game. For Calvert-Lewin, I'd either get someone really cheap for the bench like Kamara at Fulham (who will probably start and get you small points if need be) or more expensive like Wood at Burnley, Arnautovic at West Ham (they look good in attack under Pellegrini), or Zaha at Crystal Palace. If you somehow have even more funds, Firmino at Liverpool is a good pick at 9.5.

Before I even get to reading that...wtf?:lol:

I seriously appreciate your little guide, but you didn't need to put in so much effort, mate! I will thoroughly enjoy the read

This is probably also why you won the WC game...

Aevi

Hale End FC
Before I even get to reading that...wtf?:lol:

I seriously appreciate your little guide, but you didn't need to put in so much effort, mate! I will thoroughly enjoy the read

This is probably also why you won the WC game...
It's my pleasure ;)

To be truthful, I barely put any effort into the WC predictions at all! I just noticed that 2-1 was an optimal guess to make considering the points system, so that's what I did for the majority of my predictions and it happened to pay off. I'm happy to let most people think I just know a lot about football though :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom