• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Little worried about the upcoming gameweek. Triple City when they play Pool. Now obviously Liverpool isn't in great form, but it's a game where anything can happen. Curious to know what you guys think.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Little worried about the upcoming gameweek. Triple City when they play Pool. Now obviously Liverpool isn't in great form, but it's a game where anything can happen. Curious to know what you guys think.
You have a good enough bench where that match shouldn't worry you, assuming I'm looking at the right team.

Liverpool might blank again though so you might regret benching one or two of your defenders.

Gundogan is fine where he is. My team similar to yours.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I really want to bring in Grealish as well, have 3.6 m in the bank, but the logical transfer would be Saka -> Grealish and I just don't want to lose Saka.

Other midfielders are the usual suspects: Son, Fernandes, Gundogan (until KDB is fit), Salah.
Think you’ve probably got the best out of Gundogan now mate. Could be the perfect time to sell.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I know this may be unconventional advice but I would say 100% keep all City players. Look at the tweets I posted earlier in reply to Trilly. City are likely to have 2 double gameweeks in the next few weeks.

What chips do you have left? I have the WC, BB, TC. If you still have the BB and WC, I recommend to start building up your bench/sub keeper with players who are likely to have a DGW on matchday 26. This is in the tweets I sent in. Note that none of them are 100% confirmed but likely based on the guy who posted them. I would get a nice squad filled with DGW players and then WC a few weeks later as there is a blank game week, the WC should set up the rest of your season and then if you have a TC then there will still be some DGW weeks for some teams to use it for.

Even if you dont have some of these chips I advise you to base your transfer and chip strategy around the DGW. It may fail if the week doesnt go to plan but it is maximising your chances of a large point haul and making the best use of your resources.

Dutch D

@Red London I only have the WC left, used the bench boost in GW19 (23 points so quite happy). I'm considering saving my transfer so I can make a double the GW after when hopefully more is known about the double GW. Not sure yet what players to target.

@Macho I'm definitely keeping Cancelo and Dias, but I'm considering benching Dias for Coufal or Dallas this GW to spread some risk.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You have a good enough bench where that match shouldn't worry you, assuming I'm looking at the right team.

Liverpool might blank again though so you might regret benching one or two of your defenders.

Gundogan is fine where he is. My team similar to yours.

Should I bench Dias and Gundogan?

My alternatives are Raphinha and Dier and they have two really juicy fixtures.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Should I bench Dias and Gundogan?

My alternatives are Raphinha and Dier and they have two really juicy fixtures.
I have both and I don’t even know what I’m doing myself. I have triple City so I’m going to bench Cancelo and leave Diaz and Gundo on and just hope Pool have a bad game.

My bench isn’t amazing. Dunno about Dier but Raphinha is tempting mate.

Dutch D

I have both and I don’t even know what I’m doing myself. I have triple City so I’m going to bench Cancelo and leave Diaz and Gundo on and just hope Pool have a bad game.

My bench isn’t amazing. Dunno about Dier but Raphinha is tempting mate.
I'm thinking the same at the moment. Coufal against Fulham isn't a bad alternative I think.

Also lads the fixture changes have finally been announced. DGW in 24 for Fulham, Burnley, City and Everton.

Then DGW in 25 for Leeds and Southampton.
Not really great teams to target it seems. Everton playing City, City with two difficult fixtures as well.

Burnley the most interesting, but who would want to own Burnley players, haha.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm thinking the same at the moment. Coufal against Fulham isn't a bad alternative I think.

Not really great teams to target it seems. Everton playing City, City with two difficult fixtures as well.

Burnley the most interesting, but who would want to own Burnley players, haha.

I’m changing my strategy on the fly.

Going to go Mitchell > Rudiger this week and hold off on Lookman > Raphinha until 25 so I can get GDW for first Fulham then Leeds.

Who is everyone captaining this weekend? Torn over form vs fixtures with Bruno vs Son.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Going to go Mitchell > Rudiger this week and hold off on Lookman > Raphinha until 25 so I can get GDW for first Fulham then Leeds.

Who is everyone captaining this weekend? Torn over form vs fixtures with Bruno vs Son.
Son has looked awful and is dropping owners like flies, think just having him on pitch is enough of a differential (in my league anyway). I'm going Bruno

Just downgraded Robbo to Rudiger, slowly preparing my team for a bench boost in DGW 26.

Dutch D

I'm also considering Rudi as a cheap option for the next three games. Considering swapping Holding or Dallas to Rudi.

I have the armband on Son at the moment, but I thought Sp**s was absolutely dreadful yesterday. I don't think Bruno is actually in great form, based on the games I've seen recently. I didn't see the game against Southampton but he only started contributing with assists at 5-0 and his goal was a penalty again. Still hasn't scored from open play in ages. So I'm not sure what to do.

Part of me is hoping for a Sp**s implosion, so I should stay away from Sp**s then, but that isn't rational, haha.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Dutch D @Trilly

Only other captaincy option I was considering is Antonio or is that too much of a punt?

Also I think Rudi is a better punt than Dallas tbh mate. If you look at xG against Leeds have been near the bottom all year.

I know it’s cool when Dallas returns but they’re so bad defensively most weeks you’re getting nothing.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'm also considering Rudi as a cheap option for the next three games. Considering swapping Holding or Dallas to Rudi.

I have the armband on Son at the moment, but I thought Sp**s was absolutely dreadful yesterday. I don't think Bruno is actually in great form, based on the games I've seen recently. I didn't see the game against Southampton but he only started contributing with assists at 5-0 and his goal was a penalty again. Still hasn't scored from open play in ages. So I'm not sure what to do.

Part of me is hoping for a Sp**s implosion, so I should stay away from Sp**s then, but that isn't rational, haha.
Yeah captaincy choices are a load of **** rn but Bruno is undefeatable. Last gameweek is another example of a 'if in doubt captain Bruno' type situation.

Guy is so annoying

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@Dutch D @Trilly

Only other captaincy option I was considering is Antonio or is that too much of a punt?

Also I think Rudi is a better punt than Dallas tbh mate. If you look at xG against Leeds have been near the bottom all year.

I know it’s cool when Dallas returns but they’re so bad defensively most weeks you’re getting nothing.
Decent punt tbf, he's always involved in whatever West Ham are doing offensively. I think I'm gonna go Bruno though, his shot numbers are decent so I think he's due an open play goal.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom