• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
40 points, dropped another 25k to 225k. Not going too well.

Can exactly replace Son to Fernandes now, do we expect Fernandes to go up in price during the week? I don't know how that works precisely.

Other option is Mount who has an easier fixture than Fernandes, but have to think about it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

43 on a FH which I’m happy enough with but considering my penultimate team had Trossard, Veltman and Lingard in it I feel a little glum.

Tempted by Mount considering Chelsea’s form and fixture and Liverpool - Arsenal is a terrible fixture for my other two targets Auba and Jota.

Also definitely binning Watkins for Iheanacho after the City game haha.

Dutch D

43 on a FH which I’m happy enough with but considering my penultimate team had Trossard, Veltman and Lingard in it I feel a little glum.

Tempted by Mount considering Chelsea’s form and fixture and Liverpool - Arsenal is a terrible fixture for my other two targets Auba and Jota.

Also definitely binning Watkins for Iheanacho after the City game haha.
Watkins is disappointing recently, definitely considering swapping him out in my wildcard team from GW31 onwards. Not sure who to replace him with yet, though.

Would you take Mount over Fernandes just for GW30? Definitely swapping out Son. My original plan was to bin Auba, though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watkins is disappointing recently, definitely considering swapping him out in my wildcard team from GW31 onwards. Not sure who to replace him with yet, though.

Would you take Mount over Fernandes just for GW30? Definitely swapping out Son. My original plan was to bin Auba, though.

I’ve already long binned Bruno :lol: dropped him for KDB ahead of the recent DGW but if you still have him I’d hold him because Tuchel loves to rotate.

I think I’ll hold off on a transfer this week and go Lookman —> Jota in 31 and Watkins —> Iheanacho then as a double.

Dutch D

I’ve already long binned Bruno :lol: dropped him for KDB ahead of the recent DGW but if you still have him I’d hold him because Tuchel loves to rotate.

I think I’ll hold off on a transfer this week and go Lookman —> Jota in 31 and Watkins —> Iheanacho then as a double.
I've also binned Fernandes a few weeks ago for Auba, didn't do me that much good all together. I meant Fernandes or Mount as a Son replacement? Perhaps others that I just don't see at the moment.

I might also bring in Jota or Salah in GW31 again, but depends on how I will spread the money.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I've also binned Fernandes a few weeks ago for Auba, didn't do me that much good all together. I meant Fernandes or Mount as a Son replacement? Perhaps others that I just don't see at the moment.

I might also bring in Jota or Salah in GW31 again, but depends on how I will spread the money.

It’s tough. Brighton are better than WBA defensively but you don’t know if Mount will start.

You can pretty much guarantee Bruno is starting and the fact everyone owns him means if you own him and he blanks but Mount hauls it won’t hurt your rank too much.

Dutch D

Thank f-ck Rudiger didn’t see the field. Dodged a huge bullet there.
Yeah, what a strange result. Mount or Bruno would've been fine either way it turns out.

Had a good week altogether, even though Auba blanked, Bale was subbed in for only 2 minutes and Leeds was somewhat disappointing.

Did rise back to 190k from 225k, so steadily climbing back after 4 weeks of continuous drops.

Now the big question, how to use my wildcard. Lots of question marks, also due to City and Sp**s blanking soon. Not really sure what to do yet, but will do some research.

Anyone else using their wildcard?

Dutch D

The wild card decision is actually quite difficult, many questions to answer:
  • Do I bin all my City players out of fear for Pep Roulette? I wanted to bin Fernandes for De Bruyne, but if KDB gets benched because he (and Gundogan) started Tuesday it's going to suck. Could keep Dias who started Tuesday, but I think is less likely to be rotated.
  • Do I go triple Liverpool with their amazing run in? Could go Salah + Jota + Philips or Jota + Philips + TAA. Salah has mostly disappointed me this season, so I'm a bit hesitant to get him back in.
  • Tierney injured, so do I now go for Leno over Mendy as GK to hopefully profit from Arsenal's run in? Perhaps take a punt on Gabriel and go for Mendy as GK?
  • Do I take Antonio now that he's potentially injured? Who else would I go for? Bamford and Watkins, my current strikers, have dreadful fixtures coming up.
  • How to deal with GW33 blank of Sp**s and City. Might have to stick with Son and Kane for now and just avoid City altogether.
Anyways, it's fun to think about and fun to have some different players for the final few games. This is my current thinking:
Leno, Forster
Phillips, Rudiger, Coady, TAA, Coufal
Auba (swap to son in GW32), Jota, Fernandes, Neto, Maddison (or Mahrez, but he started in the CL)
Iheanacho, Kane, Antonio

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

• Do I bin all my City players out of fear for Pep Roulette? I wanted to bin Fernandes for De Bruyne, but if KDB gets benched because he (and Gundogan) started Tuesday it's going to suck. Could keep Dias who started Tuesday, but I think is less likely to be rotated.
  • Do I go triple Liverpool with their amazing run in? Could go Salah + Jota + Philips or Jota + Philips + TAA. Salah has mostly disappointed me this season, so I'm a bit hesitant to get him back in.
  • Tierney injured, so do I now go for Leno over Mendy as GK to hopefully profit from Arsenal's run in? Perhaps take a punt on Gabriel and go for Mendy as GK?
  • Do I take Antonio now that he's potentially injured? Who else would I go for? Bamford and Watkins, my current strikers, have dreadful fixtures coming up.
  • How to deal with GW33 blank of Sp**s and City. Might have to stick with Son and Kane for now and just avoid City altogether.
Anyways, it's fun to think about and fun to have some different players for the final few games. This is my current thinking:
Leno, Forster
Auba (swap to son in GW32), Jota, Fernandes, Neto, Maddison (or Mahrez, but he started in the CL)
Iheanacho, Kane, Antonio

I’d go off form tbh. With Tierney out do you really trust this Arsenal defence?

I’m looking at Jota and maybe Auba if he doesn’t play tonight.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Being an Arsenal fan has ****ed me at numerous points this season. Latest case not getting Lingard last week. He's scored 20+ points since then.

Got Tierney in for the run-in and he's now injured at a stage where every transfer is crucial. Just hasn't been my season at all, up into the top 450k though.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Leno, Forster
Iheanacho, Kane, Antonio
Bin City unless their name is Ederson, Dias, Stones (because he's cheap) or KDB. Even then, brace yourself for rotation. I'm on the way to transitioning to just having KDB in my team.

I've got Jota for now, with an eye on their defence and then tripling up with Salah. Ideally I'd like to scope their defence a bit more but as you're on a wildcard maybe go Phillips for now with the view of upgrading to TAA if they tighted up defensively.

Kane, Bamford and Watkins are the only strikers worth having rn imo, and I'm not even a big fan of watkins but I'm hoping things get better with Grealish back.

Dutch D

Bin City unless their name is Ederson, Dias, Stones (because he's cheap) or KDB. Even then, brace yourself for rotation. I'm on the way to transitioning to just having KDB in my team.

I've got Jota for now, with an eye on their defence and then tripling up with Salah. Ideally I'd like to scope their defence a bit more but as you're on a wildcard maybe go Phillips for now with the view of upgrading to TAA if they tighted up defensively.

Kane, Bamford and Watkins are the only strikers worth having rn imo, and I'm not even a big fan of watkins but I'm hoping things get better with Grealish back.
Bamford and Watkins even with their dreadful fixtures? (City, Pool coming up for both).

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Bamford and Watkins even with their dreadful fixtures? (City, Pool coming up for both).
I got rid of Bamford and Watkins will be riding my bench for the next few weeks. My other is DCL but I’m thinking to downgrade to Chris Wood/Callum Wilson to fund an upgrade to TAA.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

This gameweek just confirmed this season as my worst ever season.

It’s essentially been a summary of my whole season. All my differential picks continue to blank while everyone else’s return. Got absolutely buried this week by combinations of Dallas, Lingard and Iheanacho.

KDB as a three week punt was such a mistake, as was Auba over Lingard in gameweek 29. Went for Tierney over Holding on my wildcard and missed out on our first clean sheet in 14 matches. Chelsea haven’t kept a clean sheet since I doubled on their defence either.

Dutch D

That sucks man. I also got rid of Dallas in my wildcard and he absolutely smashes City. Meanwhile, my direct rival in my friends league forgot to change his team and has Dallas hauling.

Nonetheless, this has been a very good week for me all things considered. Bit bummed my one week punt Sterling blanked and that Neto got injured after 30minutes while I have Watkins on the bench with 8 points, but I decided to get Lingard in despite my dislike of him as a player and Iheanacho and TAA did very well for me.

Top Bottom