• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

roz

Fake News Merchant
That sucks man. I also got rid of Dallas in my wildcard and he absolutely smashes City. Meanwhile, my direct rival in my friends league forgot to change his team and has Dallas hauling.

Nonetheless, this has been a very good week for me all things considered. Bit bummed my one week punt Sterling blanked and that Neto got injured after 30minutes while I have Watkins on the bench with 8 points, but I decided to get Lingard in despite my dislike of him as a player and Iheanacho and TAA did very well for me.
I got sort of lucky like your mate. Didn’t realise there was a Friday game so didn’t switch Dallas out as planned. Had intended on ridding Fernandes for Salah & DCL for Iheanacho though so kind of got done anyways. At least I got 2ft in the bank as well as a WC

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That sucks man. I also got rid of Dallas in my wildcard and he absolutely smashes City. Meanwhile, my direct rival in my friends league forgot to change his team and has Dallas hauling.

Nonetheless, this has been a very good week for me all things considered. Bit bummed my one week punt Sterling blanked and that Neto got injured after 30minutes while I have Watkins on the bench with 8 points, but I decided to get Lingard in despite my dislike of him as a player and Iheanacho and TAA did very well for me.
I definitely let disliking of players/being an Arsenal fan ruin my season, but you live and you learn. Lingard would still be in my team to this day if I had gotten him in ahead of their match ahead of us, think he’s gotten double digit returns in every game since. 😂

Similar thing happened with Kane and especially Son. I’ve had success in the past ignoring bandwagons, especially those that seemed unsustainable but this season has been the year of ‘unsustainable’ runs of form actually being sustainable.

We’re seeing that with Iheanacho who may not have even played if Maddison and Perez didn’t go to a house party. Also seen it with Lingard, Gundogan, Bamford at one point and Maddison/Barnes. I didn’t jump on any of these bandwagons except Gundogan due to my stubbornness so it’s definitely a learning I’ll take into next season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I definitely let disliking of players/being an Arsenal fan ruin my season, but you live and you learn. Lingard would still be in my team to this day if I had gotten him in ahead of their match ahead of us, think he’s gotten double digit returns in every game since. 😂

Similar thing happened with Kane and especially Son. I’ve had success in the past ignoring bandwagons, especially those that seemed unsustainable but this season has been the year of ‘unsustainable’ runs of form actually being sustainable.

We’re seeing that with Iheanacho who may not have even played if Maddison and Perez didn’t go to a house party. Also seen it with Lingard, Gundogan, Bamford at one point and Maddison/Barnes. I didn’t jump on any of these bandwagons except Gundogan due to my stubbornness so it’s definitely a learning I’ll take into next season.
I have the same instinct. I dislike Bruno Fernandes as a player due to his diving and whining (and the bandwagon that overhypes his general ability, imo, even though he is a good player) which has led me to avoid him for most of the season. I also dislike Jlingz due to his immature dancing and otherwise infantile behaviour, also think he was hugely overrated when he was a started at ManU, it's the reason I avoided him as a pick for GW29 and went with Bale instead, but he's undeniably on fire for West Ham.

Gundogan I jumped on the bandwagon reasonably on time (and ditched him on time again it seems) and I had Bamford since week 1 (just ditched him now, loyal soldier for 31 GW's).

I do feel like those biases help in my enjoyment of the game, though, I want to mostly pick players that I actually like and hope that they do well. On the other hand if players I dont rate continuously pick up points, like Fernandes and Lingard, it can be detrimental. It's a careful balance, haha.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I have the same instinct. I dislike Bruno Fernandes as a player due to his diving and whining (and the bandwagon that overhypes his general ability, imo, even though he is a good player) which has led me to avoid him for most of the season. I also dislike Jlingz due to his immature dancing and otherwise infantile behaviour, also think he was hugely overrated when he was a started at ManU, it's the reason I avoided him as a pick for GW29 and went with Bale instead, but he's undeniably on fire for West Ham.

Gundogan I jumped on the bandwagon reasonably on time (and ditched him on time again it seems) and I had Bamford since week 1 (just ditched him now, loyal soldier for 31 GW's).

I do feel like those biases help in my enjoyment of the game, though, I want to mostly pick players that I actually like and hope that they do well. On the other hand if players I dont rate continuously pick up points, like Fernandes and Lingard, it can be detrimental. It's a careful balance, haha.
I get you completely. Swallowed my pride with Bruno early and I’ll be getting Lingard in at some point just to protect my peace. 😂

Dutch D

Had to get rid of Neto even though I just brought him on my wildcard. Also wanted to bring in Son, so I had to take a hit one week after the WC. Things never go according to plan, haha.

Sterling was my one week punt so it did free up some money, went for Maddison as a Neto replacement.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Luck just continues to evade me, Kane TC and everything was going well until he rolls his ankle in the last few mins of the game. The Southampton game was looking like a potential haul as well.

Was reading an article today from a former FPL champ and regular top 10k finisher who is currently sitting outside the top 1M. That made me feel a bit better, these things happen. 😁

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Another FPL GW?
@Trilly saying he’s unlucky again?
Worst season yet?
:popcorn:
Still waiting for you to post your career history?

Kane getting injured in a random collision ahead of a match with a dreadfully out of form Southampton side...when you’ve triple captained him. You wouldn’t call that unlucky?😂

You seem to be really enjoying my dreadful season without telling me anything about how yours go? Share bro?

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Still waiting for you to post your career history?

Kane getting injured in a random collision ahead of a match with a dreadfully out of form Southampton side...when you’ve triple captained him. You wouldn’t call that unlucky?😂

You seem to be really enjoying my dreadful season without telling me anything about how yours go? Share bro?
I do, I love it. 👹
Almost as much as I enjoy Kanes ankles turning to chocolate a week before their biggest game in a decade. 😂
Could’ve been a lot worse for you bro.
For a start everyone has Kane, a brace and max bonus points is still a decent haul for a triple cap & you can restructure your team any way you like now that Kanes out.

I’m currently in the top 750k. Will be happy enough with that for this season considering I had a period pre Xmas where I didn’t play. Still got a wild card to play, probably do so for next gameweek.

Winning my main mini league and 2nd in another, was 120 points behind pre Christmas period but cut the lead he has on me to 10 points.

Been a tricky season for sure. But a lot better than last. the main bandwagon that hurt me was never getting Gundo. Glad he’s flopping at the moment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I do, I love it. 👹
Almost as much as I enjoy Kanes ankles turning to chocolate a week before their biggest game in a decade. 😂
Could’ve been a lot worse for you bro.
For a start everyone has Kane, a brace and max bonus points is still a decent haul for a triple cap & you can restructure your team any way you like now that Kanes out.

I’m currently in the top 750k. Will be happy enough with that for this season considering I had a period pre Xmas where I didn’t play. Still got a wild card to play, probably do so for next gameweek.

Winning my main mini league and 2nd in another, was 120 points behind pre Christmas period but cut the lead he has on me to 10 points.

Been a tricky season for sure. But a lot better than last. the main bandwagon that hurt me was never getting Gundo. Glad he’s flopping at the moment.

Lol you’re talking all that trash from 750k? Even I’m above you bro :lol:

You missed out on the Lingard train as well or learnt your lesson after Gundo?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Missed out on this one big time. Pivotal moment was having a punt transfer and going Auba over Lingard. He’s punished me since.

Lesson for next season: Jump on the bandwagons much earlier, especially if the shots in the box/chances created and penalty area touches are strong.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Missed out on this one big time. Pivotal moment was having a punt transfer and going Auba over Lingard. He’s punished me since.

Lesson for next season: Jump on the bandwagons much earlier, especially if the shots in the box/chances created and penalty area touches are strong.

I was at 3M before Christmas and now in top 600k solely down to bandwagons.

Used some xG stats for teams defensive records as well as shots per 90 for other players. Chances created is a good one as well you’re right.

Difference maker though has been jumping on with Bruno, Gundo and now Lingard. Got lucky with some of my gambles like that Auba hat trick as well tbf.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I was at 3M before Christmas and now in top 600k solely down to bandwagons.

Used some xG stats for teams defensive records as well as shots per 90 for other players. Chances created is a good one as well you’re right.

Difference maker though has been jumping on with Bruno, Gundo and now Lingard. Got lucky with some of my gambles like that Auba hat trick as well tbf.
Think I’ve had a relatively lucky start to my fpl career and so haven’t had to learn some lessons. Hasn’t been fun but the Ls have defo been useful in terms of learning.

Looking forward to applying them next season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Lol you’re talking all that trash from 750k? Even I’m above you bro :lol:

😂
It’s just especially fun to wind up @Trilly

thats a truth there though, missed out on jLingz. Couldn’t do it though, my dislike for him is too strong.

Chilwell having an excellent game v City btw mate. Knew he was cut out for a top club.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

😂
It’s just especially fun to wind up @Trilly

thats a truth there though, missed out on jLingz. Couldn’t do it though, my dislike for him is too strong.

Chilwell having an excellent game v City btw mate. Knew he was cut out for a top club.

We can’t keep doing this everytime he has a great game or a stinker bro :lol:

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Think I’ve had a relatively lucky start to my fpl career and so haven’t had to learn some lessons. Hasn’t been fun but the Ls have defo been useful in terms of learning.

Looking forward to applying them next season.
Elite FPL mentality that. Theres hope for you yet my young padawan.

Dutch D

unless the Mufc vs LFC game happens this week i've got 7 players not playing. :facepalm:
I got 4 not playing with Rudiger suddenly injured and Leno benched. Bringing my Coady -> Dallas transfer forward has also not helped with Brighton beating Leeds 2-0 and picking Kane over Son as a captain has hurt. Frankly, terrible.

Top Bottom