• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I made some early transfers to protect squad value (Tsimikas -> Duffy, Barnes -> Raphinha), which worked out nicely. Got Duffy before the price rise, and ditched both Tsimikas and Barnes before they dropped further in value.

I'm currently at rank 26k. So I didn't feel the need to wildcard to bring in Ronaldo no matter what. However, there are now doubts about Son & Wilson and D. Sanchez is ruled out due to quarantine rules. There was also news about Brazilian players not being allowed to play (don't know if that's confirmed yet). Suddenly, it looks like I might have to wildcard after all.

ThePortugueseGunner

I decided not to go for Ronaldo just yet. Man.United will have a great streak of easy games a little further on the calendar, and I think that's when I'm going for him.

Then again, I'm not known to be the best FPL player.

This week, I switched Ings for Dennis, who will have 3 straight favourable games, and is a lot cheaper. That way, I'll have money in the bank to switch Fernandes if I feel the need to.

Bloodbather

Established Member

My decision to bring in Kane instead of Lukaku backfired terribly. I've already made the switch the other way for the next game week. FFS.

Dutch D

Ultimately went for the wild card because I read Son was unavailable (even though FPL had him on 75%) and D. Sanchez and Wilson were confirmed absent as well. Wilson went from yellow to red. So I wouldn't have had 11 starting players.

Took in Ronaldo but decided to spread the risk by captaining Salah. Hope Salah does well today or I'll lose my lead in the mini-league with my friends.

Dutch D

Had a good start. Got Salah, Jota and Gray to play left this week and on 64pts for the game week. Looking at the people above me could break into top 200 with some results going my way. Although most have Salah and TAA. But not many have Jota and another player left
Insane. Unfortunately, Jota blanked despite providing many good chances to Mané and Salah. I'm doing really well so far as well, currently at 9k.

Got a few headaches from this GW, though. Had to wildcard to get rid of an injured Son and Wilson and a suspended D. Sanchez. Now I'm stuck with a suspended Antonio and an injured DCL, with Torres as a punt who will hopefully keep his place next week otherwise I'm in pretty deep ****.

Now, who to replace DCL with, thinking Bamford would be the easy option, but could also go for Jimenez.

Dutch D

What a strange gameweek it has been, with TAA's illness, Toney hauling for those who weren't able to get rid yet, great lucky haul for Benrahma and City unable to score against Southampton amongst other things.

Maybe a strange focus, but I really regret keeping Amartey instead of switching him to Livramento. He started the first three gameweeks, so when I wildcarded in GW4 I kept him, hoping his price would continue to rise as he starts, but he hasn't featured in the last two. Kind of a dead player on my bench now who I won't be able to get rid of anytime soon.

Another dilemma is that I have both Torres and Jota, who are both not performing. Torres was benched against Southampton unfortunately, which might mean he starts against Chelsea, but that's a sh*t match anyway. Firmino also seems to be back so could be that Jota is benched again this weekend. Really unsure who to replace and with whom.

The bandwagon option seems to be Sarr, but he got half his points last weekend. Good fixture against Newcastle upcoming. Tempted to transfer Jota to Sarr as I think Torres is more likely to play this weekend. Will wait a bit to see how it turns out.

Another option is to go from Torres to Ødegaard or Saka. We have good fixtures coming up after Tottenham and Spuds is a game where anything can happen. Problem is we're not playing that well and Saka seems in quite poor form. Ødegaard looks alright and would allow me to put 2 million towards another signing. Would have 2.4m in the bank at that point, though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Been on a disgusting bad luck streak for a season and a half now.

Brought in Reece James and he didn’t play against Sp**s due to being victim of a robbery now he’s just come off injured. Ffs. 1 point in two games.

blrgooner

Established Member
I have ended up having a great week so far. 68 points with Duffy still left to play in a week where the average till now has been 38.
I had brought in Saka a couple of weeks back. Also thought it would help to have a strong bench this season and that worked out well since I could keep the likes of Rudiger and White on the bench for this week. Resisting the urge to go with the bandwagon in terms of captaining Ronaldo also helped.

Dutch D

I have ended up having a great week so far. 68 points with Duffy still left to play in a week where the average till now has been 38.
I had brought in Saka a couple of weeks back. Also thought it would help to have a strong bench this season and that worked out well since I could keep the likes of Rudiger and White on the bench for this week. Resisting the urge to go with the bandwagon in terms of captaining Ronaldo also helped.
Nice man. I was contemplating Saka or Sarr for Torres this week. Went for Sarr because of the fixture. Luckily, both did well. Might go from Jota to Saka soon, but need to fix a lot first.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Nice man. I was contemplating Saka or Sarr for Torres this week. Went for Sarr because of the fixture. Luckily, both did well. Might go from Jota to Saka soon, but need to fix a lot first.
I've already made a move for Cancelo. So glad to be rid of Digne. Going to use my other free transfer to get a Chelsea defender, just not sure which, Rudiger probably the safest, but Alonso the more likely to haul big.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Fair play. I've Duffy left to save my week.

I've Ronaldo, Lukaku, Salah and VVD. Need my big hitters to bring home the bacon next week. Difficultly is who to captain.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Fair play. I've Duffy left to save my week.

I've Ronaldo, Lukaku, Salah and VVD. Need my big hitters to bring home the bacon next week. Difficultly is who to captain.
I don't think you need all three of Ronaldo, Lukaku and Salah. You can only captain one. Pick two and transfer the third in and out depending on fixtures. There is too much value elsewhere to have so much tied up in three players.

Dutch D

I've already made a move for Cancelo. So glad to be rid of Digne. Going to use my other free transfer to get a Chelsea defender, just not sure which, Rudiger probably the safest, but Alonso the more likely to haul big.
I basically want to do Amartey -> Rudiger, Shaw -> Alonso/Cancelo, Jota -> Saka, Ronaldo -> Lukaku.

Only one free transfer this week, though, so I have to pick one for now (probably a defender).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

By pick two, i really mean pick one between Ronaldo and Lukaku. Salah is a given to stay in the team.
Potentially right. But I'm happy with my team even though it was awful this week. If I captained Salah it might have done better.

Ramsdale
Alonso Duffy VVD
Ødegaard Benrahma Rodrigo Salah
Ronaldo Lukaku Dennis

I've Alonso on the bench who'll be coming in for double Chelsea defence and then moving VVD to Cancello very soon. Should allow me to get a 6m striker in

blrgooner

Established Member
I basically want to do Amartey -> Rudiger, Shaw -> Alonso/Cancelo, Jota -> Saka, Ronaldo -> Lukaku.

Only one free transfer this week, though, so I have to pick one for now (probably a defender).
I want to bring in a city defender instead of Shaw . I still wonder whether Stones will comeback to the first team though. He would be available on a cheap(5.3 last time I saw) and was pretty much first choice last season. While he might not get as many assist points as someone like Cancelo, he would get the clean sheet points and an occasional goal and I might save some money required to bring in TAA eventually.
Ronaldo -> Lukaku will be nice considering the fixtures coming up for Chelsea/Man Utd. While I think both of them will score a lot, Lukaku will get more chances to get multiple goals and also get more bonuses in the next few weeks.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom