• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What do we think of Saka as an fpl pick? I think a neutral fan would get him in, great fixtures, our most important players and you back him to be involved in 1 in every 3 goals we score.

As Arsenal fans we know that ‘easy’ fixtures mean actually having to break down teams and up until now we haven’t shown that. I can easily see us going back to averaging 2 goals every 3 games or something disappointing like that.

Very conflicted…any advice?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What do we think of Saka as an fpl pick? I think a neutral fan would get him in, great fixtures, our most important players and you back him to be involved in 1 in every 3 goals we score.

As Arsenal fans we know that ‘easy’ fixtures mean actually having to break down teams and up until now we haven’t shown that. I can easily see us going back to averaging 2 goals every 3 games or something disappointing like that.

Very conflicted…any advice?
Decent option, but there are better ones around that price point. Raphinha, would be my No.1 pick. Also thing there is more value in defence, eg, Saka won't keep up with Cancelo or Dias.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Decent option, but there are better ones around that price point. Raphinha, would be my No.1 pick. Also thing there is more value in defence, eg, Saka won't keep up with Cancelo or Dias.
Agreed. Already have raphinha and will be getting Cancelo and double Chelsea defence too.

This has been a strange year for mid priced midfielders. Im about to downgrade Jota to someone in the 6M range but you make a good point re Saka v Dias.

You make a good point. I Might go all in at the back, double Chelsea defence AND double city defence. Sounds crazy on paper but besides raphinha I can’t see any 6M mids keeping up with Chelsea/City defenders.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Agreed. Already have raphinha and will be getting Cancelo and double Chelsea defence too.

This has been a strange year for mid priced midfielders. Im about to downgrade Jota to someone in the 6M range but you make a good point re Saka v Dias.

You make a good point. I Might go all in at the back, double Chelsea defence AND double city defence. Sounds crazy on paper but besides raphinha I can’t see any 6M mids keeping up with Chelsea/City defenders.
Saka isn't a bad option tbh, his numbers in terms of attempts and chance creation are decent, just needs a more consistent end product.

Sarr and Gallagher both interesting too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saka isn't a bad option tbh, his numbers in terms of attempts and chance creation are decent, just needs a more consistent end product.

Sarr and Gallagher both interesting too.

Gallagher and Sarr look legit. Have both in draft and they’re smashing it in terms of stats as well.

Got Mbuemo cos he’s cheap and nailed which let me get CR7 and Rom up front.

Might swap Ronaldo out for Salah though because he looks electric again. Reece James injury f*cked me a little bit.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Gallagher and Sarr look legit. Have both in draft and they’re smashing it in terms of stats as well.

Got Mbuemo cos he’s cheap and nailed which let me get CR7 and Rom up front.

Might swap Ronaldo out for Salah though because he looks electric again. Reece James injury f*cked me a little bit.
Yh James injury set my plans back a bit, had to sideways to Rudiger but I’m sure that James is the guy to own from their defence. His numbers are sensational

Mbuemo is a shout! I’m gonna
Compare his numbers to Saka’s. Not so confident on Sarr tho, stats are good but he doesn’t pass the eye test for me and their nice run of fixtures are over now aren’t they? Gallagher is a big shout, their fixtures are annoying though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yh James injury set my plans back a bit, had to sideways to Rudiger but I’m sure that James is the guy to own from their defence. His numbers are sensational

Mbuemo is a shout! I’m gonna
Compare his numbers to Saka’s. Not so confident on Sarr tho, stats are good but he doesn’t pass the eye test for me and their nice run of fixtures are over now aren’t they?

I noticed Thiago Silva is back this week as well so I might go him but Rudi was a don for me last year.

Yeah I actually picked Adama over Sarr in regular FPL because his stats were godly but that’s been a disaster shout :lol:

I feel Mbuemo is a bit short of Saka and Sarr but he’s 0.7M cheaper than both so it kind of offsets. My only thing with Sarr is you know he’s playing 90 every week and has the numbers.

Don’t trust Mikel enough for Saka.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm considering Saka as well. Have to get a replacement for Jota I think. With the TAA injury I can't replace Jota with a bench option except for Sissoko. Both look like two pointers. Also expecting Jota to get reduced minutes from now on so taking the -4 early might set me up better for the long term.

Gallagher another option or Mbuemo. Frees up a lot of cash but already 2mil on the bench.
Raphinha is a worry for me given the yellow triangle and early sub last week.

Made a mistake transfering in Rudiger for Shaw earlier this week I think in hindsight. Did it to protect squad value, which worked as I got Rudiger before his price rise, but if Shaw starts on Sunday that could've saved me a hit. Could've done Amartey -> Rudiger instead.

Dutch D

If cash isn't the issue, would you prefer Azpilicueta or Alonso as the second Chelsea defender? Alonso got subbed at halftime yesterday, which could be a good sign or a sign that Chilwell is slowly coming back. With James injury Azpilicueta seems more nailed, but less likely to haul.

ThePortugueseGunner

If cash isn't the issue, would you prefer Azpilicueta or Alonso as the second Chelsea defender? Alonso got subbed at halftime yesterday, which could be a good sign or a sign that Chilwell is slowly coming back. With James injury Azpilicueta seems more nailed, but less likely to haul.
I went for Alonso. Both will benefit from the likely clean sheets Chelsea will have in the next few games, and Alonso is more of an offensive threat, I think.

But, as I always say, there's a reason why my advice is free.

Dutch D

Went for an agressive minus 8 in the end. Figured I could afford it and wanted to fix some long term issues as I have some short term issues to worry about starting next week (Sarr, Benrahma, Ronaldo).

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Wildcard played, new troop

Martinez (Sanchez)

Cancelo Gabriel Reguilon (Duffy, Pinnock)

Pogba Gallagher Doucoure Salah (Townsend)

Maupay Jesus Lukaku

Triple C activated for Jesus against Burnley next round.

We Move.

Dutch D

Went for an agressive minus 8 in the end. Figured I could afford it and wanted to fix some long term issues as I have some short term issues to worry about starting next week (Sarr, Benrahma, Ronaldo).
Didn't really work out, unfortunately.
Raphinha only got 1 more point than Jota, so that's a -3 net.
Shaw and Rudiger got the same amount of points, so that's a -4 net.
Azpilicueta was a hit with 10 points, but he benched Duffy who got 6 on the bench, so that's only a +4 gain.

Am much better set-up for the next few game weeks, though. If I manage to get rid of Sarr and possibly ASM this week, than my team is right where I want it to be.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Was so set on Saka/ESR but I feel like this is where I should use my judgement as a fan and gamble on someone else.

With how poor we are in attack, I think there’s better value than Saka at Everton, Brentford and maybe Palace. I’ve got two cheap mid slots to fill, I’m using one on Mbuemo at 5.5M but I need someone to replace Traore and already have Raphinha.

Dutch D

Was so set on Saka/ESR but I feel like this is where I should use my judgement as a fan and gamble on someone else.

With how poor we are in attack, I think there’s better value than Saka at Everton, Brentford and maybe Palace. I’ve got two cheap mid slots to fill, I’m using one on Mbuemo at 5.5M but I need someone to replace Traore and already have Raphinha.
Grey, Mbuemo and Gallagher look like good options. I'm thinking of switching Sarr to one of those guys (haven't looked at their fixtures yet) and then switch Benrahma to Grealish or Foden.

Sarr has some ****ty fixtures coming up, whereas Saka's next four are quite good. That's the most straight forward switch for me, but then I can't get Foden/Grealish in. Difficult decision.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Grey, Mbuemo and Gallagher look like good options. I'm thinking of switching Sarr to one of those guys (haven't looked at their fixtures yet) and then switch Benrahma to Grealish or Foden.

Sarr has some ****ty fixtures coming up, whereas Saka's next four are quite good. That's the most straight forward switch for me, but then I can't get Foden/Grealish in. Difficult decision
Foden might be a good pic, so far Pep Roulette has been minimal, maybe he’s trying something new this year and the lack of a striker means that there’s more chance of your midfielder playing.

Definitely something to think about, and yeah Saka is the common sense pic. Maybe I’m overthinking things by not picking him, it’s gonna be a long international break. 😂

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Foden might be a good pic, so far Pep Roulette has been minimal, maybe he’s trying something new this year and the lack of a striker means that there’s more chance of your midfielder playing.

Definitely something to think about, and yeah Saka is the common sense pic. Maybe I’m overthinking things by not picking him, it’s gonna be a long international break. 😂

Argument against Saka is how few goals we score. From open play our numbers are horrific.

I’m binning Ronaldo for Mo and Son to go with Gallagher and Mbuemo. Stretch for Raphinha and gamble on Hwang and I’m solid.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Argument against Saka is how few goals we score. From open play our numbers are horrific.

I’m binning Ronaldo for Mo and Son to go with Gallagher and Mbuemo. Stretch for Raphinha and gamble on Hwang and I’m solid.
Yep, averaging less than one open play a game and if you’re wagering on Saka being involved in 1/3 goals we score it’s not looking good.

Raphina is probably the best 6.5M mid in the league tbh so solid pick, can’t believe you haven’t had Salah though. 😭

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yep, averaging less than one open play a game and if you’re wagering on Saka being involved in 1/3 goals we score it’s not looking good.

Raphina is probably the best 6.5M mid in the league tbh so solid pick, can’t believe you haven’t had Salah though. 😭

Didn’t have the funds for all of Trent, Mo, Ronaldo, Lukaku and Son so I left out Salah and went with Jota.

Wasn’t a terrible move and it kept me competitive but Salah is clearly levels above Ronaldo as an asset so I’m going with him.

Dutch D

Didn’t have the funds for all of Trent, Mo, Ronaldo, Lukaku and Son so I left out Salah and went with Jota.

Wasn’t a terrible move and it kept me competitive but Salah is clearly levels above Ronaldo as an asset so I’m going with him.
Interesting choices. I started with Son, but I wildcarded early and Sp**s looked dreadful despite Son scoring points.

Really regret wildcarding in GW4, though. My gambles on Torres and DCL really screwed me and then I replaced DCL with Bamford who got injured the next game. Could've been a lot more patient.

Oh well, water under the bridge. I think it's time to start working towards getting Son back in for GW12. So I'll have to get some money out of the team.

Think Sarr -> Mbeumo / Smith-Rowe / Gallagher will be the first step this week. Probably ASM -> Toney / Hwang next. Like @Trilly says, we score so little that it would add another layer of frustration looking at our games hoping Saka will be involved with the few goals we make.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom